Author Topic: Player of the Month voting  (Read 1677 times)

Offline K_Lincourt30

• View Profile
Player of the Month voting
« on: April 29, 2009, 12:45:56 AM »
To anyone who has an account at the WPS website, they have the voting for the April Player of the Month going on. The nominees are the top player of each week, and they are:

Week 1: Aya Miyama (free kick for first WPS goal against Freedom)
Week 2: Marta (two-goals in three minutes against Sky Blue)
Week 3: Kelly Smith (goal and assist for goal against STL)
Week 4: Aly Wagner (assist for winning goal against FCGP)
Week 5: Abby Wambach (opening goal and winning goal against FCGP)

When I cast my vote for Kelly, she had a slight lead over Marta for the title by 4 votes.

I also think that if Abby hadn't scored the goals against Gold Pride, Brittney Klein would have been the Week 5 Player of the Week for her goal and two assists for CRS.

Offline Roberts

• View Profile
Re: Player of the Month voting
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:15:44 PM »
Kelly was in the lead when I voted too  ;D

Offline K_Lincourt30

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:06:46 PM »
As of right now, Kelly is leading Marta by about 60 votes. I'm not sure when the voting closes, but lets hope she can keep the lead up. Alex Scott was on Twitter urging Kelly's fans to vote for her, as well as the Breakers team.

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 04:24:17 PM »
Kelly is 75 ahead of Marta now, voting closes tonight and winner announced tomorrow.  :)

shlj

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »
WPS has begun its April Player of the Month voting for fans, media and teams with each group counting for 33% towards the overall selection.

Kelly's up by 78 votes now. She needs to win the media or teams vote as well.

Offline K_Lincourt30

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 09:29:57 PM »
Well, I think she can easily win the Media vote. The ESPN writers love her, so does USA Today, Goal.com and the Boston local media.

Offline K_Lincourt30

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 02:37:39 AM »
OK, so at 8:33pm my time tonight, this is how the fan voting has gone after the poll closed:

Aya Miyama: 5% (43 votes)
Marta: 27% (215 votes)
Kelly Smith: 38% (307 votes)
Aly Wagner: 3% (22 votes)
Abby Wambach 19% (156 votes)
Other 8% (62 votes)

I'm not sure who all was in the "other" category. Probably the Two Tiff's of FCGP, Sonia Bompastor, Kristine Lilly, Lindsay Tarpley, Hope Solo, Karina LeBlanc and Caroline Jonsson. Guess we won't know for sure....

shlj

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 08:47:14 AM »
That would be funny if others wins it once  ;D

Offline K_Lincourt30

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 02:54:11 PM »
I'm excited to get the results!! I keep checking the site, but nothing yet. I hate waiting, I'm the most impatient person...

Any thoughts to whom could start this month off to a bang? I'm expecting Sonia Bompastor to be this week's Player of the Week. She's coming off the wins for France, and is probably not too keen on missing the win against FCGP. She's going to add to STL's woes big time Sunday!! I love watching her play.
Tomorrow's match-up between Boston and LA is gonna be awesome, but it stinks it won't be televised. Boston will be angry from last week's loss, and no one better to take it out on than LA. Ofcourse, Luckenbill can't stop the goals going in like LeBlanc, so Kelly and Co. need to fire them off, and keep firing. Maybe Christine Latham has a few notes on how to get them past LeBlanc...???