Author Topic: Women's Football Search Engine  (Read 2602 times)

Online David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Women's Football Search Engine
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:46:14 AM »
My latest hare brained scheme for a women's football website is the Women's Football Search Engine. Currently set up on both

www.womenssoccer.info

and

www.womens-football.net

as I haven't decided which one to use yet !  :D

The theory (Yes BB there was a theory honest) was that searching in Google et al brought back lots of entries that were nothing to do with women's football/soccer so this only searches a specific set of websites and should bring back a more targeted set of search results without all the other stuff...Famous last words....

Anyway give it a bash and let me know what you think....It's a bit plain at the moment as it's still in the testing out the concept phase and I'll try and make it a bit more interesting once I find if there's any interest.....If I can remember where I've put it I will post the list of sites that it searches so that we can add in any more that you think it should be looking in....There's probably lots that I have missed while setting it up quickly in particular the European ones for our Scandinavian fans  :)

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
Re: Women's Football Search Engine
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 06:18:17 PM »
It must be good. I just typed Alex Culvin in and it found something.  :D

Seriously though, this sounds fine but will always be dependent on the, I assume, subset of sites that it searches. So as long as that is kept upto date and expanded then it could be a useful tool for people. I suppose users would also need to be aware of its limited search scope.

Are you currently using it to find some of the articles which you post?

Offline marko1301

• Ay Up
    • View Profile
    • MHImages
Re: Women's Football Search Engine
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 12:25:13 PM »
Hello you could add these two sites...

http://scunthorpeutdladies.blogspot.com/
http://mh-images.blogspot.com/
The second doesnt always feature footie but when its season.