Author Topic: Mixed Football  (Read 2351 times)

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
Mixed Football
« on: March 06, 2009, 02:46:45 PM »
Last year I approached my local authority (Vale of Glamorgan) with a proposal that detailed simple,cost free modifications to both soccer and rugby that would allow men and women to play the games together on a totally equal basis.  I requested of them that they enact their obligations under the Gender Equality Duty (GED) legislation and use the proposal to ensure that girls in their schools had the same access to football as boys.  They refused to do this claiming that the GED did not apply to them.  I complained to the Equality and Human Rights Commission but they too have refused to act.  There has been no criticism of my proposal, so I can only speculate on the reasons why there is such hostility.   If any girl wishes to challenge the discrimination in football in their  school, I will download a copy of my proposal if they e-mail me at gwynharvey@hotmail.co.uk

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
Re: Mixed Football
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:01:23 PM »
Best of luck there mate - there have been posts re this sort of thing on here.

Doesn't apply to me as I'm an old male from opposite end ove A470 to you  :D

Welcome here anyway ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 10:21:56 PM »
At Gwyn's suggestion, I downloaded a copy of the proposal and suggest others here have a look at it.

It certainly seems a really good suggestion.
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 02:57:02 PM »
Thanks for the support Clive.  If anyone else is interested I will also download them a copy if they request it.

shlj

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 03:03:25 PM »
Last year I approached my local authority (Vale of Glamorgan) with a proposal that detailed simple,cost free modifications to both soccer and rugby that would allow men and women to play the games together on a totally equal basis.  I requested of them that they enact their obligations under the Gender Equality Duty (GED) legislation and use the proposal to ensure that girls in their schools had the same access to football as boys.  They refused to do this claiming that the GED did not apply to them.  I complained to the Equality and Human Rights Commission but they too have refused to act. 
My bet is you should complain at European level.