Author Topic: North Wales Womens results  (Read 17705 times)

Offline spectator

• View Profile
North Wales Womens results
« on: February 05, 2009, 08:28:22 PM »
Seeing that it takes weeks to find out results of the North Wales womens League, can we post them on here starting with last sundays games ,

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
Re: North Wales Womens results
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:25:51 PM »
There's absolutely no problem with that - please do, and add any reports,  news re games off, re-arranged etc, and forthcoming fixtures  :)

After all, it's done by members in other sections about other leagues ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 06:26:36 PM »
The only score i know from last sunday Feb 1st
                       CAERNARFON TOWN 7........WREXHAM 1

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 11:20:48 PM »
The only score i know from last sunday Feb 1st
                       CAERNARFON TOWN 7........WREXHAM 1
That's quite a win!!
And taking into account the (non-up-to-date) table on fgmag.com, and assuming no other games have been played recently, then Caernarfon would be joint top with Colwyn Bay - both 5 points ahead of Wrexham, so, why are Wrexham going to be in the new league? I accept that Caernarfon should be in it, but surely Colwyn Bay should also - but they're not even first reserves  :-\

Btw - you don't support Caernarfon Town by any chance, do you?  ;D
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 12:41:28 PM »
Caernarfon also have a game in hand!

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 01:12:18 AM »
Caernarfon also have a game in hand!
I noticed that, on latest fgmag.com, but how up to date is it?

(Their league table, I mean - I added that result to the one shown, but surely other games must have been played too)  ???

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 10:53:06 PM »
Amlwch Town ladies V Caernarfon ladies  called off sunday morning of the game Amlwch could not  get a team. What is this league all about ???

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 12:28:10 AM »
Yes - Amlwch follow Corwen's recent example in not getting a team - it's not on  :o
The game should be forfeited at least - and the teams should be docked points IMO.

I see latest league table and results (according to fgmag.com) show Caernarfon top with a game in hand, as stated earlier, and Kinmel Bay now have a 9-0 win after playing Corwen.

I still don't see how Wrexham are the team other than Caernarfon in the up and coming new league - surely it should be Colwyn Bay?
They are 5 points ahead of Wrexham and a game in hand  ::)

And - as for Kinmel Bay being first reserve ahead of Colwyn Bay.......  >:(

(Sorry for late reply - was away for a few days watching Arsenal beat Roma and staying with a friend in Essex  ;D)

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 12:29:51 PM »
According to BBC site Colwyn Bay has had 3 points deducted and down to 12 points, also Amlwch, and Corwen have been deducted points as for the new Welsh League, there were lots of diffrent criterias for being selected and not league positions, there were suprise selections down south as well.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 12:24:47 AM »
Any idea why Colwyn Bay have had points deducted?

I know they had a problem when pipes burst and changing rooms etc were flooded in cold weather, and had to postpone game, but Corwen couldn't even get a team together for a game and left telling their opponents around 2 hours before ko.

And South Wales are the same?

I think the Welsh league is setting up ideas for new English league to follow  :D

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 06:44:19 PM »
Colwyn Bay,s deducted 3 points could be something to do with canceling a match because of a phantom food poisoning outbreak , do u still think they should be in the new Wales league??
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 06:46:11 PM by spectator »

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 06:49:51 PM »
North Wales Cup
                       Corwen 0 Caernarfon Town 19

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 12:21:42 AM »
1. Which Col Bay match was called off?
I can't see them being frightened of any particular opposition.
If it was against Caernarfon, they must have known they were going to be in a difficult game, and surely would have accepted that, and known it would have to be played sometime anyway.

Corwen and Amlwch have called games off without having points deducted.

I'll just point out - I'm not a Colwyn Bay fan, but they are far better than Kinmel Bay, who are first reserves for getting into the league, and better than Wrexham too.

So - please explain why you seem to think that what you said means they shouldn't be in Wales league  ???

2. Couldn't Caernarfon have taken their foot off the pedal a bit against Corwen?  :D

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 06:07:29 PM »
 Colwyn Bay were deducted points not because they canceled but because they lied about the reason for canceling, this was from the last North Wales meeting,I  never said they should not be in the league of Wales i was asking you if they merited being in the league  for  that reason, Amlwch and Corwen have lost points for some reason, and going by reports of the Corwen Caernarfon game which Corwen only had eight players, Caernarfon did take it easy they missed at least 10 open goals
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 06:09:29 PM by spectator »

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 10:16:16 PM »
Colwyn Bay were deducted points not because they canceled but because they lied about the reason for canceling, this was from the last North Wales meeting,I  never said they should not be in the league of Wales i was asking you if they merited being in the league  for  that reason, Amlwch and Corwen have lost points for some reason, and going by reports of the Corwen Caernarfon game which Corwen only had eight players, Caernarfon did take it easy they missed at least 10 open goals
Oh right - lying is not good :(
I misunderstood what you were asking - thought you were asking if they should be in the league of Wales after having points deducted.
I think they should be the second choice behind Caernarfon if it just came to league positions etc, but they must get the league to be sound and above board when it's up and running, and people wouldn't like it to have a team regarded as cheats.
Will the league be like the proposed English one - having no promotion or relegation for a couple of seasons?

Regarding the Corwen game - they don't seem to have 11 players in the squad  :D
Ron went to Junction v Corwen (league) game, and it had been called off about 2 hours before KO when Corwen said they only had 8 players.
Pity they didn't turn up - I don't suppose Junction would have scored 19, but maybe they's have got a few of the open goals  ;D

Offline stace colwyn bay ladies

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 08:41:20 PM »
colwyn bay are away to wrexham 2moz and junction are playing caenarfon. As for the points deducted that is the first time we have had points deducted, that is a vital 3 points dropped, dont get why other teams havn't had points deducuted when most of the games are called off for no reason e.g- corwen cancelling to wrexham and junction on the day of the game, i am sure they must know if they have a team or not before the day of the game. seems like its 1 rule for 1 team and different rules for others.lol. o well suppose its the running of the league which needs to be more strict really when gaems are cancelled and things.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »
colwyn bay are away to wrexham 2moz and junction are playing caenarfon. As for the points deducted that is the first time we have had points deducted, that is a vital 3 points dropped, dont get why other teams havn't had points deducuted when most of the games are called off for no reason e.g- corwen cancelling to wrexham and junction on the day of the game, i am sure they must know if they have a team or not before the day of the game. seems like its 1 rule for 1 team and different rules for others.lol. o well suppose its the running of the league which needs to be more strict really when gaems are cancelled and things.
FG site has no fixtures up  :(
Best of luck at Wrexham ;)

You'll know more about the points deduction than I do - pity the league isn't more open when it comes to these things.
As you say, that's a vital 3 points dropped, and I agree that rules should be the same for all.
Spectator seems to know more about these things than I do though ;)

In English cups and leagues, (men's and women's), teams have been kicked out of cups or relegated or given points deduction for quite trivial reasons at times - eg paperwork not in order etc.
And - fielding an ineligible player is treated as an extreme crime.

But - didn't West Ham do that with Tevez for several games a couple of years ago?
No wonder Sheffield Utd are still so upset  :'(

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 06:40:06 PM »
Any rule breaking is cheating and i think Coilwyn Bay got off lightly with a deuction of only 3 points. It seems to be the norm over the years in this league to cancel games for no more reason than the team is missing some of their best players for games,now let the league deduct at least 3 points for all cancellation of games perhaps the teams will think twice about doing it,lets start making this league into a more serious competition.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 12:55:41 AM »
Any rule breaking is cheating and i think Coilwyn Bay got off lightly with a deuction of only 3 points. It seems to be the norm over the years in this league to cancel games for no more reason than the team is missing some of their best players for games,now let the league deduct at least 3 points for all cancellation of games perhaps the teams will think twice about doing it,lets start making this league into a more serious competition.
I don't disagree with what you say - but why did Colwyn Bay get points deducted and Corwen and Amlwch not get them deducted?
They couldn't field a team either, for whatever reason.

Offline stace colwyn bay ladies

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 03:32:27 PM »
ye i agree we should have been punished, i dont even know why the game was cancelled our old manager didnt consult all of the players, we want to play all the games on a weekly  basis, i dont know what his stupid exuse was but most of the team were just told that the game was cancelled not given any reason. o well we have had 3 points taken off can't do anything now.Colwyn bay lost 6-1 2 wrexham, the team is goin down hill fast with only 11 players in the squad now as people are leaving because the league is poorly organised and run, and games always being cancelled, also amlwch have pulled out of the league. So next season when the new welsh league is formed there will probably be 2 teams left in our league.... >:( don't know why they dont put all the teams in the better league then people wont lose intrest as the new league will probably be alot more organised, strict and games every week!! lol