Author Topic: Welsh Premier Womens Football League 2009/2010  (Read 9135 times)

Offline spectator

• View Profile
Welsh Premier Womens Football League 2009/2010
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:10:38 PM »
These are the  successful clubs who have gained entry to the new league next season
South Wales,
                  UWIC, Swansea, Newcastle Emlyn,and Manorbier with Llanelli as reserve if any of these clubs withdraw

North Wales
                Wrexham, Caernarfon, Aberystwyth,and Llanidloes, with Kinmel Bay first reserve, and Colwyn Bay second reserve if any of these clubs withdraw.
                                                                     At last some progress in  womens football in Wales.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
Re: Welsh Premier Womens Football League 2009/2010
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 12:26:23 AM »
I'm surprised Kinmel bay are first reserve before Colwyn Bay - Kinmel Bay have no points so far, and have lost all 4 games, yet Colwyn Bay currently lead the table with 15 points from 6 games - and they beat Kinmel Bay last game (I only just found this from fgmag.com).
In fact Colwyn Bay are currently 5 points ahead of Wrexham from the same number of games.

How has this been arranged? - anything political or financial?

Is this a forerunner of what the English elite league is going to be like?

And - what about the teams not selected - will they play in separate leagues?

Please tell us more!
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 01:14:19 PM »
From what I understand the new league will run along side the leagues already in progress as another compretition.So for example Caernarfon Town will still be playing in the North Wales League but will play in the new league as well.

North Wales teams in the new league will play each other and the south will play each other.The team with the most points from north and south will then play against each other to decide which team will be playing in Europe.(This is just what I have been told,ill try get more information) :)

Offline stace colwyn bay ladies

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 08:33:08 PM »

That isn't organised well, we may aswell lose every game like kinmel bay if we are doing well and not getting anywhere, what is the point even playing???haha...

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 01:38:27 PM »
I don't know why Colwyn Bay arn't in the new league thing.The should at least be first reserve not second.Kinmel Bay don't deserve it there doin rubbish in the league so far.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 11:03:30 PM »
I don't know why Colwyn Bay arn't in the new league thing.The should at least be first reserve not second.Kinmel Bay don't deserve it there doin rubbish in the league so far.
Yes - I've not seen them play (Kinmel Bay), but they've lost every game so far  :-\
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 12:18:06 PM »
Welsh Premier League Kicks Off

Thursday September 24th
WELSH WOMEN'S PREMIER LEAGUE
NORTHERN SECTION
Aberystwyth Town 2
Llanidloes Town 0

The first ever game in the Welsh Women's Premier League took place last night and Aberystwyth Town made a winning start, defeating visitors Llanidloes Town bt two goals to nil, watched by a crowd of 348.

Sam Gaunt netted the new competitions first goal midway through the second-half, with the result not confirmed until Lianne Bray scored the second in stoppage time.

League Secretary, John Deakin, told FAW.org.uk; "It was a very good opening game to the league and I was very pleased with the crowd who came-along to see Welsh football history being made.

"The competition promises to be an exciting one and can only benefit domestic and international football in Wales."

On Sunday, Caernarfon Town host Wrexham, in the other Northern Section opening fixture.

In the Southern Section, UWIC start at home to Swansea City and
Manobier entertain Newcastle.

As the first round of league fixtures get underway, there is more than just a title at stake, as the winners will gain a place in next season's UEFA Women's Champions League.

http://www.fgmag.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=7025

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 06:58:09 PM »
Big croud!!!! Great stuff  :)

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 08:21:53 PM »
Welsh Premier Womens Football
Caernarfon 2 - 0 Wrexham

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
Welsh Premier Womens Football
Caernarfon 2 - 0 Wrexham

Caernarfon probably the team to beat again.
Was their attendance anything like that at Aberystwyth (which was amazing)?

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 10:52:55 PM »
Nope nothing like Aberystwyth attendence! :D
I would estimate about 30 people maybe. :D

Great to see a big croud ar aberystwyth and it was on s4c tonight on scorio.A few minutes about the new league and showing some of the aber game.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 10:12:54 PM »
Nope nothing like Aberystwyth attendence! :D
I would estimate about 30 people maybe. :D

Great to see a big croud ar aberystwyth and it was on s4c tonight on scorio.A few minutes about the new league and showing some of the aber game.

Perhaps I should watch S4C more - they always seem to have rugby on when I watch :(

Anyway - 30 is nearly half of what Everton get for a normal game - and they are a top side in a bigger country (by population and size I mean  ;D)