Author Topic: summer football  (Read 3199 times)

Offline spectator

• View Profile
summer football
« on: January 25, 2009, 06:26:43 PM »
With most teams having only played three or four games in nearly four months of the season so far  due to bad pitches e.t.c is it time to switch ladies football to the summer?

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
Re: summer football
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 10:09:44 PM »
With most teams having only played three or four games in nearly four months of the season so far  due to bad pitches e.t.c is it time to switch ladies football to the summer?

I don't know anything about the Welsh league(s), but from what you say it sounds as though it might already finish sometime in the summer.  ;)

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:36:37 PM »
Even with only 7 teams in North Wales league, they'll be lucky to finish before next season at the current rate  ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 01:17:21 PM »
Football should be played in the summer.

Rubbish quality pitches with all the rain. Games are always cancelled. It would be nice to play in the sun for a change on a decent pitch.

shlj

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 02:07:34 PM »
Yes definitely, also it would be nice for supporters to be in t-shirt at a game and not with 7 layers of clothes  ;D

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »
Summer football is a topic that has been discussed on here quite a few times, and personally I can appreciate how it seems to address many of the issues that women's football faces.

I find it difficult to see how continuing to play in winter will overcome the postponements/poor pitches etc. Unless much superior venues are made available, but that doesn't seem very likely.

I suppose the Welsh could always wait and see what happens with the proposed English league, and then take advantage of any lessons that are learnt from that.

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 06:01:18 PM »
How many more unfinished seasons would we have waiting for a lead from the English leagues its time for the Welsh F A  to take action  see the obvious and have summer womens football season 2009/2010

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 06:20:47 PM »
Probably about 2 more seasons...  ;D

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 06:30:58 PM »
Can we survive two more seasons in the wind rain and cold :(

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 06:50:28 PM »
I thought the Welsh were hardy people who lived up in the hills...  ;)

They (the Welsh FA) might not be able to organise things so quickly. In some ways I do see some benefit in observing what happens in England, because the scheme probably isn't risk free.  ;D

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 01:11:16 AM »
I thought the Welsh were hardy people who lived up in the hills..;)

They (the Welsh FA) might not be able to organise things so quickly. In some ways I do see some benefit in observing what happens in England, because the scheme probably isn't risk free.  ;D

If only lol  ;D
Ever tried playing on the slopes of Snowdon? Or, in my case, even walking - driving's hard enough  :D

Have you seen this thread? :

http://womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,4597.0.html

And you wonder about English summer league? :o
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(