Author Topic: Jennifer Nobis  (Read 1208 times)

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
Jennifer Nobis
« on: January 19, 2009, 12:17:18 AM »
Back last September, Charlton were trying to sign a potential new American striker.

The Addicks were keen to sign highly rated Jennifer Nobis - but Home Office regulations meant that the forward first had to find employment to stay in the country.

Unfortunately, the Regulations won out and Jenny was unable to make a Premier League start, although fans might have seen her at Northfleet or even seen her play at the training ground.

Nobis was named offensive player of the year when representing the University of Missouri in 2005, when she scored eight goals and created 14 more for Mizzou. A strong and powerful player with a lethal shot, she impressed Addicks boss Keith Boanas during training and several private matches.

Addicks fans and team-mates might be interested to know how she's doing since she returned home to the States. Well the opening round of the Women's Premier Soccer League season seems to show just what we missed out on. Jenny won their player of the week award for her performance for River Cities Futbol in their opening match of the season.

WPSL TEAM OF THE WEEK: MAY 19-20

SACRAMENTO, CA (05/22/07) - As a majority of the teams started up their Summer 2007 season this past weekend, the Women's Premier Soccer League (WPSL) has now released their first Team of the Week (May 19-20) lineup for the 40-team, national women's soccer league. Highlighted by the performances from WPSL Player of the Week Jennie Nobis of River Cities F.C. and former Women's United Soccer Association (WUSA) stars in New England's Erin O'Grady (Boston Breakers) and California's Betsy Barr (San Jose Cyberrays), the action was fast and furious in the WPSL with an abundance of offense to showcase.

Forward - Jennie Nobis - WPSL PLAYER OF THE WEEK (RIVER CITIES F.C.)

3 goals & 2 assists vs. F.C. St. Louis: the top scorer & former University of Missouri standout for the 2006 WPSL Finalists starts Summer 2007 in impressive fashion against Midwest Conference rival.

http://www.wpsl.info/news/index.php/?cat=1&id=210

Breakers' Nobis shores up game
by Monique Walker, Boston Globe
January 17, 2009

For the last two years, forward Jenny Nobis has taken her soccer skills from the Midwest to Sweden. From March to October she lived overseas and learned the more technical side of soccer.

This year, Nobis will not have to pack for Europe.

Nobis was one of 10 players selected by the Boston Breakers yesterday in the Women's Professional Soccer draft in St. Louis. Nobis was taken in the fifth round with the 29th pick.

"It feels so great to be recognized a little bit in my own country," said Nobis, who grew up in Illinois. "And there are a lot of great players I played with in Sweden who are coming here to play."

Nobis, 24, played at Missouri from 2002-05 and said she gained much from her time playing for Umea Sodra.

"Sweden was probably the best experience that could have ever happened to me," Nobis said. "I was a very athletic player, and when I went to Sweden I had to build up my technical game."

Nobis is most excited about the talent the Breakers picked up. With the No. 1 overall pick, Boston took forward Amy Rodriguez, a Southern California standout and a member of the 2008 United States Olympic team. Rodriguez has had an extensive career with the US national team and helped the Trojans capture the program's first NCAA soccer championship in 2007. She assisted on the winning goal in the Olympics, a 1-0 overtime victory over Brazil.

http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/articles/2009/01/17/breakers_nobis_shores_up_game/