Author Topic: North Wales League  (Read 24632 times)

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
Re: North Wales League
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »
Caernarfon Town are one of the best in North Wales.I would say favourites to win the league
I'm confused here.
I assume the Caernarfon Town in the North Wales League are the same team that played in the English Northern Combination last season?
Why did they change?  ???

Tbh - I'm confused with the whole Welsh structure.
EG, Cardiff City playing in English Premier set-up and yet in Welsh FA Cup.
Men's teams can't do that.

Yes Caernarfon Town are the same team which played in the Northern Combination.
I belive they have pulled out of the league due to traveling comitments etc

This new nationwide league which is going to be set up is going to sort out the problem of cardiff city and welsh cup confusion.
From what i understand the winners of the new national league will be the new welsh representitves for europe.Cardiff will not be able to enter the new league due to be playing in the english set up.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 07:07:53 PM by JR_x »

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 10:44:46 PM »
Caernarfon Town are one of the best in North Wales.I would say favourites to win the league
I'm confused here.
I assume the Caernarfon Town in the North Wales League are the same team that played in the English Northern Combination last season?

This new nationwide league which is going to be set up is going to sort out the problem of cardiff city and welsh cup confusion.
From what i understand the winners of the new national league will be the new welsh representitves for europe.Cardiff will not be able to enter the new league due to be playing in the english set up.
Thanks for that ;)

Travelling is still going to be awkward though - Caernarfon isn't the best place to get from to the South of the country, where most teams are based.
I was on another forum a while ago and the manager of Leeds City Vixens claimed a 1-0 defeat at Caernarfon had cost his team a place in the English Prem set-up, and wasn't very happy  :D

So - I assume Cardiff used to be the Welsh reps in Europe through winning the Welsh Cup?
I assume they'll be willing to forego that if they can get a good position in English Prem set-up.
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 10:48:20 PM »
theres a post in the english regional league, under Another club folds in the combination started by PAT51 wich  might give you more insite to the plight of good clubs having to drop down to local leagues

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 08:37:27 AM »
so what was the leeds managers argument? beaten by a team from another country? beaten by a better team? to far to travel?  what??? if they were good enough theyd have won the league. football talks.

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2009, 04:48:21 PM »
I'm confused here.

Thanks for that ;)

Travelling is still going to be awkward though - Caernarfon isn't the best place to get from to the South of the country, where most teams are based.
I was on another forum a while ago and the manager of Leeds City Vixens claimed a 1-0 defeat at Caernarfon had cost his team a place in the English Prem set-up, and wasn't very happy  :D

So - I assume Cardiff used to be the Welsh reps in Europe through winning the Welsh Cup?
I assume they'll be willing to forego that if they can get a good position in English Prem set-up.

its about time something was done about the welsh reps in europe.Cardiff have dominated this role for a few years now,and is totally unfair.Its about time they gave other clubs in wales a chance.

cardiff win the welsh cup every year.their only compertition being caernarfon town who they usually get drawn against in the semi final.the score ov c'fon against cardiff last year was 3-1 to cardiff.

due to caernarfon usualy gettin knocked out in the semi by cardiff.cardiff usually get an easy final where it is so embarising for the opposition.
last year cardiff 9 - 0 wrexham . what a stupid game!results like this should not be a final game.what a joke!

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »
so what was the leeds managers argument? beaten by a team from another country? beaten by a better team? to far to travel?  what??? if they were good enough theyd have won the league. football talks.

in northern combination 2005/2006 season . last game of the season leeds would be promoted if caernarfon won or conceded less than 12 goals versus their compertition for the promotion which where preston north end.caernarfo lost the game 12-0 which meant that preston would be promoted.I think leeds thought thats the game was fixed etc but the result was due to poor performance by caernarfon.

so caernarfon have stoped leeds from winning the league and promotion twice :D :D haha

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 01:21:30 AM »
He was just upset that his team didn't pick up the points he felt they deserved. It was a while ago, and it might have been a complaint about the ref, or it might have been a lucky goal in last game of the season -  I just can't remember.
I can't tell you if he was correct or not obviously, as I wasn't at the game.
All I remember is that he wasn't happy, and picked out the game at Caernarfon as the one that affected his team that season. He was certainly not being anti-Welsh.
He doesn't appear to be there now btw.

Try not to get so stroppy about posts here - we are just saying things that we know - and we don't all know a lot about certain aspects of the game.
Please just tell us a bit more positive stuff about games in North Wales, aand we'll really appreciate your input  ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 01:27:12 AM »
I think JR_X and Spectator might be related or alter egos of each other so please be nice around each other shall we :)
 :)

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 01:47:19 AM »
As Admin says - let's keep it happy here ;)

JR_X - I apologise for not spotting your explanation for the Caernarfon- Leeds business.

But - if Caernarfon and Cardiff are the top 2 teams in Wales, they'll always meet in the Final will they?
Or will they always get drawn against each other in the semi-final - or earlier?

I hope the draw won't necessarily keep teams apart until the final  :)

The English Premier League Cup had Arsenal play Everton very early on - and, although we were disappointed that they played each other so early, no-one grumbled :)

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 11:16:07 AM »
The luck of the draw usually determins who faces cardiff in the final,north and south teams dont meet till the quarter finals by that time cardiff might have knocked out some of the better teams in the south, a seeded draw might  have given you a better competition and better semis and final.

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »
anyone know any of todays league results ?

wrexham 2 - 5 c'fon

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 10:25:29 PM »
The luck of the draw usually determins who faces cardiff in the final,north and south teams dont meet till the quarter finals by that time cardiff might have knocked out some of the better teams in the south, a seeded draw might  have given you a better competition and better semis and final.
The English men's FA Cup is often singled at as the best in the world (rightly or wrongly), and that is not seeded, (unless you mean lower league teams playing in earlier rounds) which adds to the interest.
If, say, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd were seeded to be kept apart until she semi-finals, they might not reach the final stages anyway (like last season).  It adds to the enjoyment imo.

anyone know any of todays league results ?

wrexham 2 - 5 c'fon
Only that one now.
I suppose Fgmg.com will have the others eventually (assuming they took place).

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 10:20:38 PM »
I read in the North Wales Weekly News that Colwyn Bay's ground at Llanelian Road had suffered £10k worh of damage from burst pipes after the recent cold spell, and the men had to play a home game on a different ground, so I suppose the ladies will be affected too, although they reckon the flooded changing rooms should be ok for a game this weekend (men's I believe).

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 06:49:35 PM »
Just seen the Wales under 17 girls squad, well done the 2 girls from northop but no other girls from none of the teams in the North Wales league says it all really, not a good sign for this league

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2009, 12:51:01 AM »
Just seen the Wales under 17 girls squad, well done the 2 girls from northop but no other girls from none of the teams in the North Wales league says it all really, not a good sign for this league

It obviously either needs a better youth set-up or maybe better scouting by national team selectors.

shlj

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 08:25:17 AM »
A bit of both really, but you can only work within the pool available and the number of players in Wales must not be that high so it does not make it easy to find talented kids.

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 11:35:55 PM »
We have players in the under17 squad from Watford,Oxford,Tranmere,Liverpool,Bristol,Colchester, as well as the welsh clubs , so theres nothing wrong with the scouting system they seem to travell far to find these players, there seems to be an English Club bias throughout the Welsh squads, and at under 17 this should not be happening no wonder Welsh ladies football is on the decline as ive said before the message given is go and play in England to play for Wales

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2009, 11:54:41 PM »
We have players in the under17 squad from Watford,Oxford,Tranmere,Liverpool,Bristol,Colchester, as well as the welsh clubs , so theres nothing wrong with the scouting system they seem to travell far to find these players, there seems to be an English Club bias throughout the Welsh squads, and at under 17 this should not be happening no wonder Welsh ladies football is on the decline as ive said before the message given is go and play in England to play for Wales

It seems to be a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees. There are bound to be decent youngsters in North Wales, but not so easy to spot them, and probably more in the more heavily populated South Wales :(

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 07:11:15 PM »
Ive no idea whats happened to Colwyn Bay Ladies but they have pulled out of another game against Caernarfon Town thats 3 games this season, any one know whats happening there ?

Offline dai

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »
Colwyn Bay are no more and have withdrawn from the league due to having not enough players (only 8 left) but on a possitive it lookes like three new teams next season with denbigh, Buckley and probibly another team from that area.