Author Topic: North Wales League  (Read 32961 times)

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
North Wales League
« on: December 25, 2008, 07:27:44 PM »
Who do you think are favourites for the North Wales League this season all?
 :)

Offline spectator

• View Profile
Re: North Wales League
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 06:51:58 PM »
having seen all the teams in this league theres only one team that can play football,the rest the standard is at best  poor, if u women want to be taken serious in this game u have to be more comitted in training and on match days, turning up for games would help. This season is proving that serious changes is needed in the structure of womens football in  all of wales   and a national league  is the answer , less teams in north wales but better teams, p.S playing football in your pyjamas be it for a good cause will not improve the image of the ladies game but give it the impression its a joke  game

shlj

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 07:39:13 PM »
having seen all the teams in this league theres only one team that can play football,the rest the standard is at best  poor, if u women want to be taken serious in this game u have to be more comitted in training and on match days, turning up for games would help.
Do you mean poor in term of technicall skill fitness level ?
More committed in training and on match days ?

Offline stace colwyn bay ladies

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 11:09:01 PM »
so you have watched all the teams in the league on a regular basis???most of the teams in the league do train every week, and as for not turning up for games, wat do you mean by that the games are only cancelled usually due to weather...there are alot of quality players throughout the league... and as 4 the pyjamas comment that was a charity game its not like all the teams play in their pyjamas evey week!!!!

Offline Junctions Skipper!!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 11:31:23 PM »
having seen all the teams in this league theres only one team that can play football,the rest the standard is at best  poor, if u women want to be taken serious in this game u have to be more comitted in training and on match days, turning up for games would help. This season is proving that serious changes is needed in the structure of womens football in  all of wales   and a national league  is the answer , less teams in north wales but better teams, p.S playing football in your pyjamas be it for a good cause will not improve the image of the ladies game but give it the impression its a joke  game

Well SPECTATOR which team is that then??????

i think all the teams in r league train every week and sum of the standards the girls have got r quality.
All the Ladies do take the game serious on match days..............

And as 4 the pyjamas it was 4 a good cause, y does it give u an impression as a joke (it was 4 fun)!!!!

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 09:49:25 AM »
Ill try and answer some of your questions, yes i watch womens football on a regular basis having  members of my family that play,as for turning up some of the games ive seen 3 teams were short of the 11 for a full team and one team had no subs and 1 team could not get a team,so who knows how many turn up for training. Yes i know there are decent and good players in this league but if they dont play as a team then whats the point, and team play and skills is worked on in training fitness has to be worked on your own. The pyjamas game was  arranged  when the season was  on why  not play a real game of football ?and not degrade the game to a circus of fun. As for the only team that plays football  ask your coach and if he dosent know you have  a problem.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:52:34 AM by spectator »

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 10:10:28 PM »
what team is the team that play's football?

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 09:43:13 PM »
Ill try and answer some of your questions, yes i watch womens football on a regular basis having  members of my family that play,as for turning up some of the games ive seen 3 teams were short of the 11 for a full team and one team had no subs and 1 team could not get a team,so who knows how many turn up for training. Yes i know there are decent and good players in this league but if they dont play as a team then whats the point, and team play and skills is worked on in training fitness has to be worked on your own. The pyjamas game was  arranged  when the season was  on why  not play a real game of football ?and not degrade the game to a circus of fun. As for the only team that plays football  ask your coach and if he dosent know you have  a problem.
The league is comprised of 7 teams, so that means 12 games in a season. That leaves plenty of scope for having free weekends, and in my opinion, I think it was excellent that a fund-raising game was arranged, although it didn't come off for reasons beyond their control.
The notification of that game was enough for some people here to contribute to the fund without even having seen any game in the league, so it can't be bad, can it?

Men's football has not been degraded into a circus, despite celebrity games, seniors games etc, all played to help raise funds for good causes, so why should it be different for the women's game?
And, don't forget, it wasn't just women who would have been playing in the above game - men would have played in the game wearing nighties.
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

shlj

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 09:47:49 PM »
what team is the team that play's football?
All play football to the maximum of their ability.

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 11:25:48 PM »
No one going to pick a team for league champions then ?

What does everyone know about this new National League in Wales next season?

Offline Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »
Hi Spectator
The week of the pyjamer game was a free week due to only 7 teams in the league
Reaon for game is that a player broke her leg and the game was arranged to raise a little bit of money to help her and was not a circus.
The girl involved has up to date had about 5 ops on her leg she has been throught a lot

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 12:28:37 AM »
No one going to pick a team for league champions then ?

What does everyone know about this new National League in Wales next season?
I don't know much about it - I know that we have teams playing in English leagues, eg Cardiff City, yet playing in the Welsh FA Cup, as well as the English FA Cup, and playing in Uefa Cup as Welsh entry  :-\

Yet, men's teams who play in English leagues - again eg Cardiff City - play in English FA Cup but not the Welsh.

Colwyn Bay men play for an English league, but Colwyn Bay women play in a Welsh league - although they have the same home ground.

It's all totally confusing. Maybe it'll get sorted this time  ???

Btw - I've seen too few games to pick a league winner  :(

The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 11:11:51 PM »
ref the pyjamer game i know the cause of the game,and yes men play  charity games all the time but the mens game is taken seriously as a sport  , the womens game is still trying to be recognised as a serious game and playing games like that will not help it in its being on a par with the mens game,some other football points i raised never got any intrest, LETS TALK FOOTBALL

shlj

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 11:18:24 PM »
ref the pyjamer game i know the cause of the game,and yes men play  charity games all the time but the mens game is taken seriously as a sport  , the womens game is still trying to be recognised as a serious game and playing games like that will not help it in its being on a par with the mens game,
I don't think there is any link between the cause and the effect.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 01:04:31 AM »
ref the pyjamer game i know the cause of the game,and yes men play  charity games all the time but the mens game is taken seriously as a sport  , the womens game is still trying to be recognised as a serious game and playing games like that will not help it in its being on a par with the mens game,some other football points i raised never got any intrest, LETS TALK FOOTBALL
Tell us a bit more about the women's league in North Wales then - I've only seen one game - and missed most of that as I didn't know the ko time.
Why don't you promote our local teams here more by telling us a bit more about who is good etc?  ;)

We're all willing to learn :)

shlj

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 08:23:51 AM »
having seen all the teams in this league theres only one team that can play football,the rest the standard is at best  poor, if u women want to be taken serious in this game u have to be more comitted in training and on match days, turning up for games would help. This season is proving that serious changes is needed in the structure of womens football in  all of wales   and a national league  is the answer , less teams in north wales but better teams,
As a comparison, I would say in men football for about 100 professional team in Egland there are a maximum of 10 who can play football. I would expect a pro men player who has trained thousand hours to play properly but they don't so expecting women who train 2 hours a week as amateur to play good football is simply not possible. Even at the top level in the Women PL out of 12 team, maybe half of them do play proper football.
The same thing applies to the UEFA womens cup,maybe the top 10 plays football properly.
I have seen one Welsh team over the years Cardiff and their standard is correct but nothing special.

I find this strange to expect people who are amateur to play as well as pro  ???

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »
i never expect teams to play like pros  where you got that from i dont know read the posts,  but i do expect them to play as a team thats good football, Cardiff is the best team in wales and too good to play in the welsh system that gives you some idea of the standard in wales, but good teams go hand in hand with good set ups, good coaching ,good pitches, players who take the game seriously, and yes some money in the clubs,

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 10:42:31 PM »
Caernarfon Town are one of the best in North Wales.I would say favourites to win the league

shlj

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 11:12:11 PM »
i never expect teams to play like pros  where you got that from i dont know read the posts, 
I can read  what you  have written, it's all black on white  ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:13:57 PM by shlj »

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 11:40:37 PM »
Caernarfon Town are one of the best in North Wales.I would say favourites to win the league
I'm confused here.
I assume the Caernarfon Town in the North Wales League are the same team that played in the English Northern Combination last season?
Why did they change?  ???

Tbh - I'm confused with the whole Welsh structure.
EG, Cardiff City playing in English Premier set-up and yet in Welsh FA Cup.
Men's teams can't do that.