Author Topic: Whose Your Best England Player Of 2008  (Read 12150 times)

shlj

Re: Whose Your Best England Player Of 2008
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2009, 03:29:44 PM »
I will e-mail the FA  ;)

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2009, 03:36:45 PM »
I will e-mail the FA  ;)

Good luck with that, I'm still waiting for a reply with team news from the Cyprus tournament.  :D

shlj

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2009, 03:53:18 PM »
I will e-mail the FA  ;)

Good luck with that, I'm still waiting for a reply with team news from the Cyprus tournament.  :D
What game do you need to know ?

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2009, 10:50:59 PM »
I will e-mail the FA  ;)

What game do you need to know ?

Can't even remember  :D

Offline Oldship30

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2009, 01:29:32 PM »
I will e-mail the FA  ;)

Have you had any contact with Johan (sp?) yet?

shlj

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2009, 02:05:54 PM »
I will e-mail the FA  ;)

Have you had any contact with Johan (sp?) yet?

I e-mail their customer service, no answer yet.

Offline Everton Ladies fan

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2009, 09:09:53 PM »
I emailed Jen at FG Mag & she said she thinks (but is not 100% sure) that it will be anounced at the Womens Football Awards on May 22nd
Finland was amazing!  Wish we were still there!

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2009, 07:36:55 PM »
I dont actually like Smith so i wud never vote 4 her.

:o  I hope you wouldn't boo her if you were in the crowd at an England game. Is it because she has that burning desire that always wants to win

Wot do u think i am  ???
I wud never boo any player cus i am an adult!   >:(    >:(   i leave the booin 2 the children.
You r just bein petty now and your childish arguments r boring me  >:(   >:(

I meerly posed the question as ELF stated his/her dislike of a women's football player. Regular football fans of men's football will know that fans boo opposition players they do not like. btw I'm not Gooner lol

Maybe if you weren't annoying people for the sake of being annoying, you might find you'll get on a bit better...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2009, 11:59:32 PM »
I dont actually like Smith so i wud never vote 4 her.

:o  I hope you wouldn't boo her if you were in the crowd at an England game. Is it because she has that burning desire that always wants to win

Wot do u think i am  ???
I wud never boo any player cus i am an adult!   >:(    >:(   i leave the booin 2 the children.
You r just bein petty now and your childish arguments r boring me  >:(   >:(

I meerly posed the question as ELF stated his/her dislike of a women's football player. Regular football fans of men's football will know that fans boo opposition players they do not like. btw I'm not Gooner lol

Maybe if you weren't annoying people for the sake of being annoying, you might find you'll get on a bit better...

That is just your own personal view.  I do not for one moment comment on a subject for the purpose of annoying someone. I simply express my own opinion.
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »
I've not been really following this thread as I'm not English, so shouldn't really have a say.

But, I know that John is an honest person, and also that there are idiots who boo certain England men's players at games (I've not seen that happening at any women's internationals I've been too - England or otherwise, despite the fact that some people have told me they're not happy with certain players).

As an extremely biased Arsenal fan, I'd have said that Fara Williams was the most consistently good player during the year - and she's getting better all the time in 2009, so remember what she's done so far when the 2009 players are due to be selected ;)

Btw - this might be a bit off topic, but some Pompey fans were booing Andrey Arshavin for a while after a penalty was awarded for a "foul" on him today, yet he was trying to tell the ref that he didn't think it was a foul.

People boo for the most ridiculous reasons  ::)

The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

shlj

And the winner is .....
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »
Kelly Smith has been voted the Nationwide England Women's Player of the Year for the second year in a row.

Smith beat off close competition from Fara Williams to clinch the prize again, and immediately revealed that all eyes are firmly focused on Euro 2009.

"It was vitally important that we built on the World Cup campaign by getting to the European Championship and we did that last year," Smith explained.

"The credit for that achievement goes to Hope, the coaches and backroom staff and all the players. It was a tremendous effort and certainly the final game was a little nervy, but we deserved to get through and it was a great feeling to qualify for another big tournament.

"Everyone is looking forward to Finland and it should be a tremendous chance for us to prove ourselves on the biggest stage."

The personal honour is nothing new to Smith who was voted in the top five players in the world at the recent FIFA World Player of the Year gala, but she says that any accolades must go to the team collectively.

Smith said: "It's a great honour and I have to thank the fans for voting for me, but all the praise has to go to the players as a group.

"With England we are one team and there is such a strong unity that we are all pulling in one direction for eachother."

This year brings new challenges domestically for a number of English players who have joined the new Women's League in America, and Smith is excited by the opportunity to pit her wits against some of the best in the world.

"It's been a really hard decision for me,' said Smith. 'But you don't get a chance to be a professional footballer anywhere else.

"I would've loved to stay at Arsenal with the great players that they have. The club is run professionally and with a great manager who has been amazing to me.

"It is a family club and it's been a wrench to leave. On the other hand, the chance to play professional football was too much for me to turn down."

http://www.thefa.com/England/WomensSeniorTeam/NewsAndFeatures/2008/POTY08_KellySmith.aspx

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:58:11 PM by shlj »

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2009, 07:14:30 PM »
Nice to hear her crediting the entire team. I wonder how close was 'close'. Interesting that the article is dated 30th March  ???

shlj

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2009, 08:11:52 PM »
The FA replied to  my e-mail saying it was due to the change of website new design, some stories did not appear 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:45:58 AM by shlj »

Offline Oldship30

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2009, 11:42:26 AM »
The FA replied to ay to my e-mail saying it was due to the change of website new design, some stories did not appear 

So they didn't notice that the one story that they'd asked the fans to vote for hadn't appeared  :o - I wonder what mens stories were lost.  ???

Offline Gooner

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »
So they didn't notice that the one story that they'd asked the fans to vote for hadn't appeared  :o - I wonder what mens stories were lost.  ???

The men's player of the year was certainly announced.

Kelly was a worth winner.