Author Topic: The FAW Women's Challenge Cup  (Read 12001 times)

Offline Junctions Skipper!!

• View Profile
Re: The FAW Women's Challenge Cup
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »
I was thinking of going to Blackburn v Arsenal - but they reckon weather is not going to be good (-2deg - so prob off with frozen pitch)  :(

I don't fancy the roads to Tregaron - it's been bad even in Colwyn Heights I believe  :D

Best of luck anyway ;)
Not that you should need it - they lost 12-0 a couple of weeks ago  :D

And - how is Sarah getting on?

Thanx twmcat, do u know if Tregaron Ladies av got a webpage 2 go on and have a look??

Sarah is doin really well thank u, should b soon bk at trainin!!

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 01:55:21 AM »
I was thinking of going to Blackburn v Arsenal - but they reckon weather is not going to be good (-2deg - so prob off with frozen pitch)  :(

I don't fancy the roads to Tregaron - it's been bad even in Colwyn Heights I believe  :D

Best of luck anyway ;)
Not that you should need it - they lost 12-0 a couple of weeks ago  :D

And - how is Sarah getting on?

Thanx twmcat, do u know if Tregaron Ladies av got a webpage 2 go on and have a look??

Sarah is doin really well thank u, should b soon bk at trainin!!
I can't find anything apart from their results:
http://www.ceredigionleague.co.uk/Results/2008-2009/Results-Ladies-League.html

Tell Sarah to take care ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 08:33:03 PM »
aberystwyth 0 -1 Caernarfon Town

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 11:17:45 PM »
aberystwyth 0 -1 Caernarfon Town
Thanks for that, and well done to the North Wales team ;)

I didn't realise Caernarfon were playing there today - close to where Junction were playing - maybe you could have all shared a coach  :D

The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline Junctions No 1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 12:23:51 AM »
Junction ladies game woz called off 2day....  weather bad down there so pitch woz not playable..... playin them next sunday 22 feb 09, if all goes well...

p.s thanx 4 ur support twmcat.. ;)

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 11:17:43 PM »
Junction ladies game woz called off 2day....  weather bad down there so pitch woz not playable..... playin them next sunday 22 feb 09, if all goes well...

p.s thanx 4 ur support twmcat.. ;)
The team that play just down the road (literally - just down Victoria Drive) from where I first went to school will always have my support ;)

I won't get down to Tregaron on 22nd as I'm going to travel to Essex to stay the next day, so I can see the team that was closest to my next school - Arsenal v Roma :)

But thanks for the info - I might have gone to Colwyn Bay on 22nd to watch the game as listed on fgmag.com. Please keep us informed ;)

My arrangements mean I'll be missing League Cup final at Scunthorpe unfortunately :(

Offline Junctions No 1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 11:55:20 PM »
i would just like 2 let u know that JUNCTION LADIES won 2-1 yesterday in a cup game against Tregaron Ladies in extra time...  we will now b travelin down 2 play Swansea ladies in the next round of the cup on 15th of march...

WELL DONE JUNCTION LADIES LETS KEEP IT UP......  :)  :)

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 12:13:37 AM »
i would just like 2 let u know that JUNCTION LADIES won 2-1 yesterday in a cup game against Tregaron Ladies in extra time...  we will now b travelin down 2 play Swansea ladies in the next round of the cup on 15th of march...

Excellent news - well done :)
Sorry to be so late congratulating you, but only got back from my short break in Essex after going to watch Arsenal v Roma a few hours ago.

All these away games though - you don't half pick them  :'(
 I'll be travelling back from London (after Arsenal v Blackburn Rovers men) on 14th so have no chance of getting to Swansea on 15th :(

Best of luck anyway ;)

Offline Junctions No 1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 12:27:06 AM »

Sorry to be so late congratulating you, but only got back from my short break in Essex after going to watch Arsenal v Roma a few hours ago.

I'll be travelling back from London (after Arsenal v Blackburn Rovers men) on 14th so have no chance of getting to Swansea on 15th :(

Best of luck anyway ;)

Thanx  anyway  twmcat... i'm sure we will post the result on here :)

THANX 4 UR SUPPORT....:)

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 12:34:23 AM »

Best of luck anyway ;)

Thanx  anyway  twmcat... i'm sure we will post the result on here :)

THANX 4 UR SUPPORT....:)
I'd like to actually give physical support by getting to games, but everything seems to mess me about lol

I was hoping to go to Women's League Cup Final tomorrow, but, I drove over 300 miles home today, and a trip 180 miles or so each way tomorrow is out of the question  :'(

But - I can't even get to watch the Junction, and you're only a few miles from Llandudno !!!!!

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »
Just spotted this in Fair Game:

"Blaenavon Blues' Welsh Cup tie, against Cyncoed, took over two months to resolve, including seven postponements.
The frustration was finally ended when Cyncoed withdrew!"

Says it all really  :D

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 11:08:55 PM »
Caernarfon 1-3 Cardiff
 one nil Cardiff half time, a decent game of football but there was only one team  going to win this one

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2009, 12:23:45 AM »
Caernarfon 1-3 Cardiff
 one nil Cardiff half time, a decent game of football but there was only one team  going to win this one
Not an excessive defeat to a team who were in the (English) Premier league last season.

Good try, Caernarfon ;)

Offline dai

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2009, 09:11:58 AM »
Swansea 3 - 2 Llandudno Junction

Three very young local officials who treated it as kids game showing little respect to the women.

Offline Junctions No 1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 12:41:11 PM »
Swansea 3 - 2 Llandudno Junction

Three very young local officials who treated it as kids game showing little respect to the women.

Yeh who ever u r Dai,  i would agree wiv u there...

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2009, 12:01:47 AM »
Many officials show disrespect to women's teams, at all levels.

I assume you mean male in what you say there.

Bad luck Junction  :'(

Offline spectator

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2009, 11:26:40 PM »
Just been looking at the results of round 3 and four of the Welsh cup , no team is worth more than 3 goals better that the other team showing that the north and south teams are very similar in standards not so a few years ago

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2009, 12:04:32 AM »
Just been looking at the results of round 3 and four of the Welsh cup , no team is worth more than 3 goals better that the other team showing that the north and south teams are very similar in standards not so a few years ago

So - are North teams getting better?

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 08:01:33 PM »
Just to continue this topic for the 2009-2010 season, today Llandudno Juction beat Meifod 8-1 to reach the next stage of the competition.

Offline JR_x

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
Llanidloes 3-4 Caernarfon AET