Author Topic: Kristy Moore  (Read 18591 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Kristy Moore
« on: October 28, 2008, 11:45:52 PM »
Guaranteed goals

Now we are almost at the end of the year's Toppserien, the top women's league in Norway, the contest for the season's top scorer title is between two former teammates, Lene Mykjåland and Kristy Moore.

Kristy leads just now with 19 goals, a very strong result for a player with mid-table Fløya in Tromsø.  Even though Kristy has now established herself as a genuine Tromsø-ite she is still an exotic member of the Toppserien.  This girl has taken many steps along the way to being as good as she is today.

Born in Australia as a talented athlete, she was drawn to Aussie Rules football.  For those who don't know, it's like American football.  As girls are not allowed to play, ordinary football was the way for Kristy.  This has benefited both her and also the clubs who have had the honour of having her in their squads.  

Kristy had a couple of unofficial international matches for Australia before she was taken up by the English First-Division club Barnet.  Here she managed to become the league's top scorer before she came to Fulham FC.  The players at Fulham were fully professional at the time, but Kristy was not that; she worked in the Post.  She began early every day, completed her round much more quickly than Postman Pat, and trained at Fulham.  The work she laid down and the strong skills she showed were after a time recognised and rewarded with a professional contract.  Nobody at Fulham regretted that.  We got a player with good speed, an enormous will to work and an instinct to go straight for goal.

The adventure at Fulham ran its course and the players disappeared.  Jan Aksel Odden, who was then at Fløya, managed to secure Kristy among others.  No-one would say it has been a bad investment.  She has been a guarantee of goals ever since she came to Tromsø.  Last weekend she banged in five against Kattem, but the six she scored against Kolbotn and Bente Nordby in a game in 2004 ranks among the highest of Kristy's individual performances (Kolbotn's trainer resigned - name of Pia Sundhage).

It is interesting to follow someone who makes choices outside the ordinary.  Kristy travelled from Australia to England to be a footballer, and became a winner of everything at Fulham and an England international since she has an English mother.  To develop her game further she travelled to Norway even though it cost her her place in the England team.  Tough choices have got her where she is today.  Such things deserve rewarding.

The rewards came in the form of medals at Fulham, Player of the Year in 2004, and the top-scorer title the same year.  Will the reward this year be another top-scorer title?  Or will the smiling Southerner Mykjåland push in and steal the title from under the Adelaide girl's nose?  The last round on Sunday will give us the answer.  Whichever one of them takes the title it will be a smiling and humour-filled girl who will be the top scorer.

But perhaps smiling and humour is natural when you score a lot of goals?

Margunn Haugenes, TV 2, Norway
http://margunnhaugenes.tv2blogg.no/article362173.ece
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:57:31 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
Re: Kristy Moore
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:18:59 PM »
Gee this is a blast from the past...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 05:06:13 PM »
It's a kind of "where are they now", but Kristy is still scoring goals "up north" and a valued player at Fløya.
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:18:34 PM »
With a hat-trick in the last round on November 2, Kristy took the title  ;)
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 12:05:45 PM »
Kristy Moore (31) crowned a fantastic season with the Top Scorer title in the elite Norwegian Toppserien league for the second time.  But next season will be her last in the Fløya shirt.

The big-scorer has admitted that she has decided to move home to Australia after the 2009 season.  "I have lived a long way from home for almost ten years so it is perhaps time to move back home", said Moore, who played four years in England before coming to live in Tromsø in 2003.  Moore also has British citizenship but when it is time to go home she will go back to the land where she was born, which she left in 1999.

"It is a little difficult to be so far from your family and only have the chance to go home once a year.  At the same time it will also be difficult to leave all the good friends I have in Tromsø".

In the time she has lived in the Arctic City only her mother has had the chance to travel to the other side of the world on a visit.  "Nothing is decided yet, but I will be here for another year", said the Fløya attacker.

With three goals in Sunday's away game against relegation team Larvik, Moore became Top Scorer for the second time.  She ended with 22 goals from 22 games, two more than when she won the title in 2004.  "Personally I think it is a better performance to score so many goals this year.  In 2004 we won the title, but this season we have only finished in 7th place.  This year it went a little slowly for me and the team until after the summer break", said Moore, who only scored six goals before the break for the Olympics.

"We have had a good autumn and I have been played forward with a lot of chances from the back room, which is my strength.  It is not only my performance that is the reason it has gone so well", she pointed out on the phone from the team coach, with her teammates celebrating in the background.  "It's good to be finished with the season.  We are all in a good mood now we have finished so well", said the team's most dangerous player.

At the celebrations was also sporting leader Rune Brustad.  "We are very pleased with our performance in the autumn.  A bit disappointing to end only in 7th place, but we spoiled our chances by dropping two points against Arna-Bjørnar.  But we have played the last six games without a loss, which is a good performance", said Brustad.

He is also full of praise for Kristy Moore's impressive autumn season.  "In the spring nobody thought that Kristy could end up as top scorer.  The team also deserves praise for playing her forward to so many chances, but obviously it is a fantastic performance by her".

http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article121864.ece#
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:17:12 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 01:10:23 PM »
Kristy scored a great goal at Woking against Charlton when Fulham were operating as a professional side. In a memorable match, Charlton battled back with a last minute goal to equalise at 3-3. As far as I can remember both the Rachels were playing for Fulham that night.

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 07:39:45 PM »
Kristy scored a great goal at Woking against Charlton when Fulham were operating as a professional side. In a memorable match, Charlton battled back with a last minute goal to equalise at 3-3. As far as I can remember both the Rachels were playing for Fulham that night.

Gee those were the days...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »
Alan's translation of a Norwegian item about Kristy's transfer to her new team.

The Toppserien's top scorer of 2008 is moving to Stabæk.  "It's very exciting.  She has extreme speed and has a high workrate.  There is always danger when she is on the pitch", said a happy Stabæk trainer Jan Aksel Oppsahl Odden.

Australian-English Kristy Moore has played for Fløya since coming to Norway in 2003.  She was the season's top scorer with 22 goals, four more than Røa's Lene Mykjåland.  Since then the 30-year-old has also been voted Player of the Year, Foreign Player of the Year and was top scorer in 2004.  While in England she played on the national team. 

It was Odden who recruited her from Fulham when he was the trainer at Fløya in 2003.  "I have thought about bringing her here for a long time but the first possibility came with the takeover by Stabæk", he said.  Now he thinks that Stabæk, formerly Asker, can take up the contest with the winners of The Double, Røa.  "The squad is starting to look really good.  It will be a lot of fun to take Røa on", said the trainer.  Trine Rønning and Solveig Gulbrandsen have also signed for Stabæk. 

"It is very exciting.  I am happy to play for Stabæk and with all the good players there", said Kristy Moore.  "Now I am reaching the end of my career it's good to have something new.  The high level and the challenges were what attracted me to Stabæk, and I have had Jan Aksel as a trainer before and think he is a good trainer".

Moore has signed a one-year contract with Stabæk and her contract at Fløya runs out this year.  She is studying nursing in Tromsø and will be finished next summer.  So there will be a lot of travelling in the spring.  Her partner will continue to live in Tromsø until the summer, so she will be able to see how things go.

"It's exciting that I will be competing with Melissa Wiik for a place as striker.  I am aiming to be the top scorer in the Toppserien again next year, and I really want to compete with Røa for gold", said Kristy Moore.

Mirjam Pletanek Klingenberg
http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/toppserien/article2478939.ece

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 04:52:49 PM »
Kristy Moore ready for Stabæk

Our new player has 5½ seasons behind her at Fløya and was this season's top scorer in the Toppserien league with 22 goals from 22 games. 

Stabæk trainer Jan Aksel Odden is very pleased with the club's new signing of the Australian.  "Kristy was brought into Fløya in the summer of 2003", said Odden.  "Then I was the trainer at Fløya and brought in both Kristy and present Stabæk player Katrine Pedersen from Fulham.  In 2004 she was the league's top scorer and Player of the Year in Norway".

Kristy Moore has played many international matches for England, she has studied Norwegian and is now studying for her nursing qualification in Norway.  "Kristy is a player with good speed, aggression, finishing skills, running capacity and will to win.  A natural goal hunter", said the trainer.  "She performs at a consistently high level through the season, and as a trainer you know she will always perform.  Even on bad days she is a constant threat and she never leaves the pitch without having created chances or goals",

"As well as that she has a positive nature and is always trying to perform.  For us as a performing team it is very positive to bring Kristy in and she will strengthen out possibilities to take up the fight for league and cup success".

We wish Kristy Moore a hearty welcome to the Stabæk family.

http://www.stabak.no/content/view/3244/2/
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
England exile Kristy Moore still scoring
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 07:38:28 PM »
Kristy Moore is still scoring goals in her eighth season in Norwegian football.  Since 2009 she has been with Stabæk of Oslo where she is a teammate of Solveig Gulbrandsen, Trine Rønning and Lise Klaveness.  On Sunday she scored Stabæk's second goal in their 3-0 defeat of south-coast club Donn from Kristiansand.

It seems that with a house and a boyfriend in the northern city of Tromsø, Moore has postponed her plans to return to her native Australia.

Video clip of the goals: http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/sumo/?progId=454025 . . In the clip, the player who sets up goal no. 3 signed for Stabæk only this week, is 15 years old and is in her first 20 minutes of top-level football.  A name for the future: Caroline Graham Hansen.

Kristy scored her 100th goal in the Norwegian Toppserien on August 7 when she took Stabæk's score to 8-0 against Linderud-Grei.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 05:21:15 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 12:27:19 AM »
And Kristy is now at no. 11 in the list of all-time top scorers in the Toppserien, the elite league for women in Norway:
1. Marianne Pettersen 148
2. Kjersti Thun 145
3. Ragnhild Gulbrandsen 141
4. Hege Riise 138
5. Ann Kristin Aarønes 133
6. Linda Medalen 131
7. Brit Sandaune 127
8. Solveig Gulbrandsen 125*
9. Elene Moseby 124
10.Randi Leinan 116
11.Kristy Moore 103*
12.Petra Bartelmann 100
13.Tonje Hansen 94
14.Ingrid Camilla Fosse Sæthre 93*
15.Trine Rønning 90*
16.Katrin Skarsbø 87
17.Margunn Haugenes 82*
18.Lise Klaveness 80*
19.Turid Storhaug 79
19.Lindy Melissa Wiik 79*
19.Linda Ørmen 79
* = still active.
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline sexxes

• View Profile
Re: England exile Kristy Moore still scoring
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 07:11:25 PM »

It seems that with a house and a boyfriend in the northern city of Tromsø, Moore has postponed her plans to return to her native Australia.

She still has the house, but not the boyfriend (split up about 4-5 months ago), and she will return to Australia after the season, but just for holidays. I'll bet she will stay for two more years (at least if Stabæk win the league), and maybe one more year if she's in reach of the all-time scoring record.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 09:05:53 PM by sexxes »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 09:47:46 PM »
Another goal for Kristy Moore today in the top Norwegian league as Stabæk took the Toppserien league title by beating Trondheims-Ørn 3-0.
Highlights: http://www.tv2.no/sport/fotball/toppserien/stabaek-er-seriemestere-3329363.html
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:51:47 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 09:42:29 PM »
Kristy Moore has decided to continue her football career in Norway for another year.  She signed a new contract with Stabæk in Oslo on Wednesday.  Thursday she set off for a well deserved Christmas holiday with her family in Australia.
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Kristy Moore in the Top ten in Norway
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 11:31:45 PM »
Kristy Moore's scoring record in the Toppserien is: 2003 5 goals, 2004 20, 2005 11, 2006 6, 2007 10, 2008 22, 2009 19, 2010 12, for a total of 105 at the start of 2011. On August 6 2011 she scored twice to bring her total for the season to 12 and her overall total to 117, and with that she climbed to tenth place in the all-time top-scorers' list for the Toppserien.

2. Kjersti Thun 145
4. Hege Riise 138
6. Linda Medalen 131
7. Brit Sandaune 127
8. Solveig Gulbrandsen 125 126
9. Elene Moseby 124
10.Kristy Moore 117
11.Randi Leinan 116
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:27:13 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 10:36:50 AM »
Kristy Moore has been away from Adelaide for ten years and in that time her family have hardly ever seen her play.  Now they will be able to watch her playing in the Champions League when Stabæk has a home match against Frankfurt later this month.  

Stabæk's women's team has sold the rights to their Champions League match against FFC Frankfurt to Eurosport.  The match, at Nadderud Stadium on September 28 at 19.00, will be shown on Eurosport's main channel and also on their Asia/Pacific channel.  It means that the match will be seen in 53 countries the world over.

The Stabæk players themselves are naturally enough pleased that they will at last gain some well deserved attention.  Stabæk's Australian player is especially enthusiastic.  "I am looking forward to it hugely.  It's fantastic that the match will be seen in so many countries - and that people in Australia will be watching.  My mother and father and five brothers and sisters never see me play.  No-one in the family has been at a match since I played in the Cup Final with Fulham in 2003.  Now they will be able to get together and have a barbecue with a big screen and have an all-night party", said Kristy Moore, speaking in Norwegian to stabak.no.  The time difference for Moore's home city of Adelaide is seven hours, so it will be a long night for the family.

Richard Jansen http://www.stabak.no/kvinner/article115430.ece
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:31:34 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 09:29:25 PM »
Moore scored 20 league goals in 2011, bringing her to a total of 125 and 9th place just beneath Solveig Gulbrandsen among the all-time top scorers in the Norwegian Toppserien, where she first played in 2003 after leaving Fulham.

At the age of 34 she has had her best season with Stabæk FK and has scored 41 league goals in the three seasons since the club started.

Kristy Moore's scoring record in the Toppserien is: with Fløya, 2003 5 goals, 2004 20 (top scorer), 2005 11, 2006 6, 2007 10, 2008 22 (top scorer); with Stabæk, 2009 19, 2010 12, 2011 20, for a total of 125.

Updated list:
2. Kjersti Thun 145
4. Hege Riise 138
6. Linda Medalen 131
7. Brit Sandaune 127
8. Solveig Gulbrandsen* 126
9. Kristy Moore* 125
10.Elene Moseby 124
11.Randi Leinan 116
*Players still active
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:25:56 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Kristy Moore a pioneer for the game
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 04:30:36 PM »
By Rob McLean, 18 Jan 2012.  Rob McLean is a Roar Pro

When the time comes to look back on her soccer career, former Trinity College student Kristy Moore will realise how much of a pioneer she has been in the game.  In the 1990s, men’s players such as Paul Okon, Robbie Slater, John Aloisi, Ned Zelic and Mark Viduka made a beeline for Europe, showing the rest of the world that Australia could produce top talent, easing the path for future generations to embark on a continental career.  For the past decade, Moore has been treading a similar path in the women’s game.

Despite only intending to head overseas for a year, she has enjoyed a career that has seen her play firstly for Barnet and then English Premier League club Fulham, before transferring to Norway’s top flight where she has represented IF Fløya and Stabæk in the Toppserien.  She has a chance of becoming the all time leading scorer in the history of the Norwegian league.  Moore has also gained international caps with both Australia and England (including a match against the Matildas), where her mother Germaine was born.

However, while the global profile of the women’s game has grown significantly in recent years, she is still one of the very few Aussie women plying their trade in Europe.  The changing profile of the women’s game has amazed Moore, whose current club has as vocal and passionate a supporter group as any across the Continent.  “I’ve sort of watched it grow and even when I come back now and see all the opportunities for the girls now; then there was nothing and now there are so many opportunities,” she said.  “Even over there in Europe you can see how much it’s grown in the time since I’ve been there.”

Not bad for a girl who took up the sport because she couldn’t get a game with her local Aussie Rules club.  Living for six years beyond the Arctic Circle in Tromsø, where sunlight is at a premium, does have its challenges and for Moore, who returns to sunny Australia every Christmas to visit her close-knit family, the siren call of home is growing stronger every year.  Later this month, the winger/striker turns 35, a birthday she will celebrate away from home as she has for over a decade.  In that time, Moore has been named Premier League Southern Division player of the year, while playing with Barnet, and had the distinction of winning two FA Cups and a premiership league title double with Fulham in 2002-03, as well as League and Cup trophies with her present club, Stabæk FK of Oslo.

Wearing the Fulham shirt provided much joy on the field (despite Moore being an avid Manchester United supporter), along with many surreal moments off of it.  The club is owned by Mohamed Al-Fayed and the women’s team was feted by the wealthy magnate, with Moore meeting him several times.  “He was right into it,” Moore laughed.  Al-Fayed’s involvement with the club, along with Fulham being the only professional women’s team in Europe at the time, generated much publicity, including photo shoots in horse drawn carriages outside of the famed Harrod’s emporium.  Fayed bankrolled the women's side for a number of seasons, providing a forerunner to the current professional era now being enjoyed by players in England.

However, the collapse of Al-Fayed’s initial investment in the side prompted Moore to look for further opportunities, taking her to a highly regarded career in Norway.  In the Norwegian season just past, Moore jammed home 20 goals to take her into the top 10 all time scorers and her club won the national Cup competition, having been defeated in the previous season’s decider, in front of a television audience of half a million people (in a country of 4.6 million).  Also featuring on the highlights reel is an appearance at the 2011 Champions League, where Stabaek lost on aggregate to the powerful German outfit FFC Frankfurt, with Moore scoring her side’s away goal in the second leg of the two-match tie.

This coming season, which she concedes may be her last in Norway, sees Moore aiming for the Toppserien goalscoring record, along with preparing for another Champions League tilt, where she hopes her side can progress deeper into the draw.  “There’s a few of us over 30 and that’s the good thing, we’ve got a pretty strong squad and our youngest is 16, a really talented player, up to us six or seven players over 30,” she said.  “We’ve got a good mix and can go far this season.”

At the completion of the next season, Moore will reflect on her achievements and decide if it is time to head back Down Under permanently.  “I’ve said it so many times before to my family that I’m coming back and then decided to give it one more year,” Moore laughs.  “So I’ve given up saying when but I do miss my family being on the other side of the world.”  She has aims of playing at least one season in the Australian W-League, her broad experience would prove a boon for Adelaide United, which has had a hard time of it during its short existence.  A move to the Lady Reds, a side that didn’t exist when she left for Europe, would allow Moore’s family to see her play at a senior level for the first time.  Importantly though, her return would provide an inspiration to other young Australians keen to pursue their footballing dreams in Europe.

Rob McLean http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/01/18/kristy-wants-moore-to-follow/
This article first appeared in The Bunyip newspaper, South Australia. http://bunyippress.com.au/sport/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:52:04 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »
Kristy scored for Stabæk today against Sandviken in the league, to equal Solveig Gulbrandsen's total of 126, so they are now in equal 8th place in the all-time table.  Solveig's team Vålerenga lost to Arna-Bjørnar with Solveig in midfield.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:52:16 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 11:30:54 PM »
Kristy's goal on May 1 for Stabæk in the 89th minute against LSK Kvinner pushed Solveig Gulbrandsen into 9th place.  But Solveig is playing again in 2012, so anything could happen.

2. Kjersti Thun 145
4. Hege Riise 138
6. Linda Medalen 131
7. Brit Sandaune 127
7*. Kristy Moore 127 (incl. 2 this season)
9*. Solveig Gulbrandsen 126
10. Elene Moseby 124

* still active 2012.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:52:25 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.