Author Topic: Hedvig Lindahl  (Read 3269 times)

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
Hedvig Lindahl
« on: January 01, 2007, 12:23:05 PM »
Sweden's current national team keeper, Hedvig Lindahl, has her own website that can be found here:

http://www.hedviglindahl.se/

The is site regularly updated during the Swedish football season and Hedvig also includes information on the national team. In addition to this she also provides an English translation for many of the articles so that a broader audience can enjoy it.

I guess that she would be flattered by any new fans.

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hedvig Lindahl
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »
Thats a good players website...Thanks for that Billyboy....Hopefully a few of the English players can follow her lead over the coming year :)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 06:40:08 PM »
Sweden and Linköping goalkeeper Hedvig Lindahl suffered a knee injury during training this week. Further examination is needed before it is known how severe the injury is, but Hedvig's mention of "a cracking sound in the knee" sounds ominous. A verdict is expected on Monday.
Linköping's sport director Bengt Ekholm reveals that he is already looking for a replacement if it comes to the worst, but "there are maybe eight or nine keepers in the world as good as Hedvig". He is looking both in Sweden and abroad.

http://dandal.webblogg.se

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 07:24:42 PM »
I hope this is nothing too serious. It must be every player's nightmare to suffer something like this, particularly with the World Cup approaching.

Purely from my own selfish perspective. It would also be sad if she doesn't go to China as there won't be any updates about it on her website.

So fingers crossed for Hedvig.

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 07:26:53 PM »
Yes I hope it doesn't rule her out of the World Cup...It would be agony to see any player who would be there go down with a nasty injury now and miss out...

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 10:41:47 AM »
Lindahl facing several months of rehabilitation after knee injury

The knee injury Hedvig Lindahl's suffered last week will keep her from playing at least 3, maybe 6 months.

The result from the MRI examination, made public today, revealed damage to the meniscus and a cruciate ligament. The full extent of the injury will not be known until the operation, scheduled two weeks from now, but will require several months of rehabilitation. In best case she will be back in time for the Damallsvenskan opener in April, a more severe injury can keep her out of the game for 6 months or more.

http://dandal.webblogg.se/

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 08:29:20 PM »
It is nice to see the greetings in Hedvig's guestbook from well wishers in the UK. Hopefully it will give her a boost and also encourage her to write a little more in English. Which we will be able to enjoy.

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 08:44:36 PM »
Thats very true and it would be nice to hear more about her I agree :) I've signed it too now...

Offline xena

• View Profile
    • Everton Ladies Fans
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 12:11:02 AM »
It is a good site, signed her guestbook.

Xena xx
Everton Ladies Fans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Sportlobster

"Once a blue, always a blue"

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 09:05:19 AM »
Lindahl injury was ACL tear - 6 months rehab waiting

Linköping's goalkeeper Hedig Lindahl had her knee operation yesterday (Friday), and it was established that her ACL was torn off. The ligament was repaired and Hedvig will, after a few days of rest, begin the lengthy rehabilitation process. Usually with an injury like this, it takes at least 6 months to get back to match training.
"I was prepared that it would be bad, so I'm not surprised", comments Hedvig Lindahl. "It just feels good that it's done".
The injury will almost certainly spoil Lindahl's chances to make the Sweden team for the World Cup in September. Her replacement in the club will probably be Malmö FF back-up keeper Jenny Olsson.

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 09:58:52 AM »
With all the bad news of players sustaining knee injuries and subsequently facing long lay-offs. It is nice to be able to say that Hedvig made a mini-comeback yesterday for LFC against Boxholm, a lower division outfit.

So she seems to be making good progress from her ACL injury.

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 02:32:35 PM »
Just to follow her injury rehabilitation through to completion.

Hedvig made a successful comeback to the Damallsvenskan yesterday after her long absence through injury. Her club team Linköpings FC beat Falköping KIK 3-0 at home.  :)

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 10:36:52 AM »
Hedwig managed to get in enough League games to ensure selection for Sweden's World Cup squad and went on to feature in all their three matches in China. She also signed a new contract just before she went to the World Cup to play another year for Linköpings in the Damallsvenskan this summer.

A regular fixture once more in the national team, she must also be enjoying her club action as Linköpings currently top the Swedish league table.

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 02:36:51 AM »
Hedvig Lindahl on the move?

National team goalkeeper Hedvig Lindahl confirms that she has been approached by another Damallsvenskan club. She says that she is not adverse to moving - she's been with Linköping for five years. "I am talking to Linköping too and I haven't closed any doors. But no matter how good things are you will reach the point where you need to move on to continue developing", Lindahl comments and adds "I don't know if that time is now or next year or maybe the next". She also denies that the LDB FC Malmö, the club where she played back-up keeper before she moved to Linköping, is the one showing interest.

Source - Damallsvenskan Newsblog

Swedish source:
Allsvensk klubb jagar LFC-stjärnan

Elsewhere on the site, the club that has approached Hedvig is suggested to be Göteborg FC.