Author Topic: Unitt.net set to Close  (Read 4242 times)

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
Unitt.net set to Close
« on: October 08, 2008, 12:37:24 PM »
The fan site Rachel Unitt.net is set to close in the new year its just been announced so if there are any pictures or messages you want to keep nows the time to go in and get them...

In a recent e-mail the site moderator wrote...

"At this time, I would firstly like to thank Rob, Stu, Sarah, Pj, Luce, for
their help with the site over the past 3 years, without your support and
help, id have probably given up in the earlier days...
Then a big thank you to everyone else who contributed to the site or the
forum - its you that made the site and forum the success it was...

Finally, keep supporting Rach and Woody and the womens game

Best wishes

Martyn"

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline Gooner

• View Profile
Re: Unitt.net set to Close
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 01:20:19 PM »
It was very busy at one stage with people like PJ, Freddie and John (gooner4ever) posting a lot but then it went downhill once those three stopped posting.

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 07:08:37 PM »
It was very busy at one stage with people like PJ, Freddie and John (gooner4ever) posting a lot but then it went downhill once those three stopped posting.

Actually quite a few people posted on it and it was more active in its heyday than this forum is now...I think Unitt not appearing in the World Cup probably put paid to it...maybe hoped if she had paid that might have generated new interest for it but it wasn't to be...

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 12:01:17 AM »
She should never have changed her hair colour  ;D
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 01:30:10 AM »

Actually quite a few people posted on it and it was more active in its heyday than this forum is now...I think Unitt not appearing in the World Cup probably put paid to it...

Not according to the user list I looked at just now. Only 7 users had 1,000 or more posts with it rising to 22 users for 100 or more posts. Not a lot really when most of the users with those figures were posting between 2005-06. The site went live in 2005 remember. For a while now it had only been you posting. I stopped posting on that site a couple of years ago and I'm still listed in the top 3 of posts lol
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 11:39:41 AM »
If you go through the membership of this there are only a few people with a lot of posts.  Even at the end there were more on itthan just me but it was a shame that the forum died away but it did have brief sparks of life during the WC and the PL Cup final...I don't think Unitt dying her hair has helped much though...

Offline Gooner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
If you go through the membership of this there are only a few people with a lot of posts.

That's what we've been saying.

footiechick

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 04:59:37 PM »
Its a shame its come to an end.I used to post on the forum but then i discovered this one  :D Is there many people on here who used to post on the Unitt site?

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »
Its a shame its come to an end.I used to post on the forum but then i discovered this one  :D Is there many people on here who used to post on the Unitt site?

I'm not sure its that many...you obviously, me, Dowiefan, Rob who comes on here from time to time used to be a Unitt fanatic, I think Laura is on here but thats about it...Titchy made a brief appearance here then left she also used to be a Unitt fanatic but has drifted away from forums altogether...I suppose things change and people move on.  I've been going on to the Unitt site and copying a lot of the 'Diary entries' and other stuff before they all go.  Pity the  picture gallery isn't excessable theres a lot on there I would have like to have got, oh well....

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 09:35:30 PM »

I'm not sure its that many...you obviously, me, Dowiefan, Rob who comes on here from time to time used to be a Unitt fanatic, I think Laura is on here but thats about it...Titchy made a brief appearance here

The list also includes Luce and me as well. I was on that site as Gooner4ever.
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 06:59:22 PM »
So what is Luce call sign on here I don't remember her being on...

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 03:10:13 PM »
So what is Luce call sign on here I don't remember her being on...

She introduced herself here: http://womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,1900.msg6770.html#msg6770

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 06:48:14 PM »
Oh I didn't see that....Certainly taking the site down pretty sharpish that all the Unitt threads away already, its just the Woody stuff thats left...strange why go to all the effort instead of trashing the whole thing in a oner when its set to go...Spare a thought forthe sites newest member jamesmilne1983 who joined at the start of Sept just in time for it finishing, ha...

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 12:08:06 AM »

I'm not sure its that many...you obviously, me, Dowiefan, Rob who comes on here from time to time used to be a Unitt fanatic, I think Laura is on here but thats about it...Titchy made a brief appearance here

The list also includes Luce and me as well. I was on that site as Gooner4ever.
I remember you on another forum as Gooner4ever ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(