Author Topic: Board for each club ?  (Read 3623 times)

Online David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Board for each club ?
« on: December 09, 2006, 10:14:36 PM »
What do you guys think about having a board for each club ? Perhaps for the Premier as a start and see how it goes ?

I was going to set it up like that but then I thought there are quite a lot of boards already and making more might make the forum look a bit overloaded ? It is possible to set up what are called child boards within a main board....So it is possible to make a child board for each club within the England Premier section for example....

Any thoughts ?

Offline xena

• View Profile
    • Everton Ladies Fans
Re: Board for each club ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 01:34:24 AM »
Yeah that sounds great I can post pics and match reports and stuff! All Everton of course.

Xena xx
Everton Ladies Fans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Sportlobster

"Once a blue, always a blue"

Online David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 10:09:49 AM »
I wasn't sure that there was enough interest at this early stage of the forum to justify a board for each of the clubs but I have added one for Arsenal Ladies and one for Everton and we will see how it goes !

So go on xena....It's all yours !  :D

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 12:09:53 PM »
Child boards seems like a good idea for growing the site and grouping news. Sometimes club and player news can get lost in the fixture and other threads. 

Online David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 12:15:52 PM »
Yes the Arsenal and Everton ones are a bit of an experiment to see how it works....

I wouldn't want it totally based on club boards like some forums I have seen as it would make posting things like match reports and fixtures in two places all the time for each team a pain - so the main section for things like that and then the club board more for discussion and news perhaps was the general idea....We will leave it for a bit longer and see how it works out...At the moment there is a case that as we are still growing there isn't really enough to justify breaking things down even further with even more boards at this stage....

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 01:34:22 PM »
You currently have 39 boards and 52 members (most not active) .. More boards than active members.. It's gonna be far too hard trawling through so many boards looking for interesting stuff...Just my opinion....and I am used to being in the minority :)

I would let the amount of posts per subject dictate the need for new boards ...

Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 02:55:23 PM »
You could intergrate club boards into a general league board which would cut down on the number of boards and give people a chance to post stuff on they're club board if they want to....

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u