Author Topic: The FA and the Superleague - comments, questions?  (Read 194569 times)

Offline John

• View Profile
Re: The FA and the Superleague - comments, questions?
« Reply #1160 on: July 28, 2010, 08:12:20 PM »
They have as good as a bye to be honest :
-Lithuanian team that they beat 4-0 last time
-Macedonian team, well their national side got trashed at the U19 Euros
-Faroe Island side.

Unlike last year when they had the hardest possbile draw in qualifying this one is a gimme.

We all know that in reality it would be hard for Everton not to qualify for the tournament proper.
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 28, 2010, 10:03:57 PM »
Rumour is one club is getting a new manager and for the questions the FA does not communicate a lot on it.
Friendlies are on the way for Arsenal when training resume from the 5th of August.
Everton are flying soon to Lithuania and Chelsea had a "kind of" friendly on Sunday.
Liverpool won the Keele tournament as well with many players coming from another team in their side.

Yea I wondered what happened to that Keele tournament couldn't find much about it...wonder who's left Everton I think there were a few suspects...heard a rumour that Everton will play all their games next season in Lithuania, which seems a bit strange but there it is...

They have as good as a bye to be honest :
-Lithuanian team that they beat 4-0 last time
-Macedonian team, well their national side got trashed at the U19 Euros
-Faroe Island side.

Unlike last year when they had the hardest possbile draw in qualifying this one is a gimme.

Eh I think Glasgow City's group was harder and they nearly made it too...once again they've got another difficult one...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 10:06:31 PM by Dr Gonzo »

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 03, 2010, 12:16:19 PM »
Arsenal Ladies sign new Boreham Wood deal

Arsenal Ladies are delighted to announce that Meadow Park is to be their home for the foreseeable future.

The Gunners have signed a two-year-deal with Boreham Wood FC, extending their already excellent relationship with the Club into 2012.

Meadow Park is sure to be home to more great action over the coming couple of seasons. The ground will see history being made in March next year, with the commencement of the Women's Super League, and of course, more Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League football too.

Boreham Wood FC welcome Neil Banfield's Arsenal XI to Meadow Park tonight for a pre-season friendly. Tickets will be available from the turnstiles at the ground.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/ladies-news/arsenal-ladies-sign-new-boreham-wood-deal
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline OOH Fayefan

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 03, 2010, 07:14:09 PM »
so, if the new superduperallsingingalldancingwomensproleague is now a summer league, will the matches be played on a Saturday instead of Sunday.....?........afterall, the men at Borehamwood won't need the pitch...eh.....
League Champions and FA Cup Double Winners 2007 - 2008
League Champions, League Cup and FA Cup Treble Winners 2008 - 2009
League Champions 2009 - 2010

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 04, 2010, 12:34:25 AM »
so, if the new superduperallsingingalldancingwomensproleague is now a summer league, will the matches be played on a Saturday instead of Sunday.....?........afterall, the men at Borehamwood won't need the pitch...eh.....

not all games will be on a Sunday

Sylvain

« Reply #1165 on: August 06, 2010, 05:21:32 PM »
Does anyone know if the teamsheet will allow 16 or 18 players ?
18 is better and you have more flexible tactical options on the bench and less players unhappy at not making the squad.

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 23, 2010, 08:21:31 PM »
WOMEN'S SUPER LEAGUE LATEST

As fans will probably know, Arsenal Ladies have been successful in being awarded 'Super League' status, along with seven other clubs (Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Birmingham City, Lincoln City, Doncaster Rovers Belles and Bristol Academy).

The Women's Super League kicks off in the spring of 2011 and the fixture list will be released over the forthcoming weeks.  The league intends to raise the profile of the women's game, taking it to a new fan base by moving away from the busy schedule of the men's game.

Matches will be played between Thursdays and Sundays over the spring and summer months.  The strategic bids that each club had to submit, along with financial input from the FA, should ensure greater sustainability on a far bigger scale than ever before.  ESPN is the committed broadcaster for the first four years of the Super League - with a proposed highlights programme in addition to various live matches being screened.

So what does this mean for Arsenal Ladies and their current situation?  Arsenal Ladies will continue to play all their competitive matches at Boreham Wood FC, but will not have and League commitments until next year.  However, they have the honour of representing England (along with Everton) next month in the Women's Champions League and of course, they will compete in the FA Women's Cup as usual.

Therefore please keep your eyes peeled for information surrounding season tickets and fixture news - which will all appear in Club publications and via www.arsenal.com/ladies.

Source: Arsenal v Blackpool (21.8.10) Barclays Premier League.

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 02, 2010, 07:25:03 PM »
Thursday 2 September

Super League Sponsorship Update

The FA can confirm that it is currently in talks with potential sponsors for The FA Women’s Super League. Discussions remain ongoing at this time.

Source: thefa.com

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 02, 2010, 10:13:04 PM »
Gee I wonder who this will be... not Avon surely....

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 03, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »

Avon as in Blake's 7?

I dare say we could suggest some interesting possible sponsors - none of which would materialise

Sylvain

« Reply #1170 on: September 03, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »
Durex ?
A well known quality brand that is family orientated lol

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 03, 2010, 06:35:13 PM »
Durex ?
A well known quality brand that is family orientated lol

sellotape/cellotape in Australia - as per the off-beat TV shows

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: September 03, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »

Avon as in Blake's 7?

I dare say we could suggest some interesting possible sponsors - none of which would materialise

I was thinking of Avon the cosmetics distributer as they sponsored 'Footballers Wives'  But Avon from Blake’s 7 would be pretty good though Servalan would be even better.  I remember her (Jacqueline Pearce to give her, her full title) being interviewed once in which she bragged about being in the top ten fantasy figures between 1978 and 1980...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:05:23 PM by Dr Gonzo »

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: September 03, 2010, 08:58:57 PM »
Hopefully the FA will be able to attract sponsorships from some of the multinational organisations.

Offline Aphrodites Child

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: September 03, 2010, 10:28:59 PM »

Avon as in Blake's 7?

I was thinking of Avon the cosmetics distributer as they sponsored 'Footballers Wives'  But Avon from Blake’s 7 would be pretty good though Servalan would be even better.  I remember her (Jacqueline Pearce to give her, her full title) being interviewed once in which she bragged about being in the top ten fantasy figures between 1978 and 1980...

indeed she was though I much preferred Cally and Soolin from the series

However someone like servalan to get things done would not go amiss

Johnny Ramone

« Reply #1175 on: September 03, 2010, 11:32:16 PM »
Getty Images have apparently got the contract for Super League, so the likes of Prickett and Kipax etc will be denied access to cover games.  Are the FA so desperate to control everything they resort to exclusivity? 

Looks like Women's Premier League only for me.  So much for the loyalty of the various freelance photographers who cover women's football week in week out...they get frozen out when the big money arrives.

Offline EliteImp

• View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: September 04, 2010, 12:19:07 AM »
Hopefully the FA will be able to attract sponsorships from some of the multinational organisations.

Perhaps if no-one coughs up enough the FA could do what they did with the TV rights: piggy-back it onto one of their other deals.

Yesterday's statement was a bit odd, since they were announcing that they had nothing to announce.

Still, nice of them to keep us in the loop  ;D

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: September 04, 2010, 01:06:49 AM »

Perhaps if no-one coughs up enough the FA could do what they did with the TV rights: piggy-back it onto one of their other deals.

Yesterday's statement was a bit odd, since they were announcing that they had nothing to announce.

Still, nice of them to keep us in the loop  ;D

The TV rights have been sold as part of a package for a number of years and they always look to have the women's and men's FA Cup finals on the same channel.

Why was the FA statement odd?  They did it because they failed to meet the published deadline.  Everyone expected the sponsors to be firmed up by the end of the Summer.

Timeline

• Summer 2010  -  Sponsors & broadcaster firmed up.

Source: THE FA

Offline marko1301

• Ay Up
    • View Profile
    • MHImages
« Reply #1178 on: September 04, 2010, 04:36:22 PM »
Getty Images have apparently got the contract for Super League, so the likes of Prickett and Kipax etc will be denied access to cover games.  Are the FA so desperate to control everything they resort to exclusivity? 

Looks like Women's Premier League only for me.  So much for the loyalty of the various freelance photographers who cover women's football week in week out...they get frozen out when the big money arrives.

Yes just what I was expecting and therefore I have bailed out of the game unless of course Getty employ me.... How on earth SheKicks will get pictures is a mystery. So so-long from me everyone!

Johnny Ramone

« Reply #1179 on: September 04, 2010, 05:07:30 PM »
I can see camera's being confiscated from fans or people being thrown out of games for taking photo's from the stands..