Author Topic: Brianna Oeser  (Read 1092 times)

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
Brianna Oeser
« on: September 06, 2008, 12:08:50 PM »
Item from Women's Soccer Scene on Brianna is a month old now but is an inspirational story for any player coming back from a serious injury. She came through Keynsham's pre-season unscathed and is now featuring in their regular season games.

Brianna boost for Keynsham
Women's Football News 20 Jul 2008

Keynsham Town have been boosted by the news that Brianna Oeser is on her way back from a serious injury.

It was the second trip abroad, for the girl who by the beach in Florida, to further her football career, as she had played for two seasons at a top Danish Premier League side, Odense.

Two days later and sixty minutes into her first game for the Somerset club away against West Ham United, Brianna suffered a compound break, with both a fractured fibia and tibia as well as severely ruptured ligaments. An operation at Bath's Royal United Hospital and then back to Florida, when it was sensible to fly, began the long road to playing again.

Keynsham first team manager, Barrie Newton, was amazed at the recovery the player has achieved from an injury many players would take several more months over. "Brianna has kept us well informed of her progress and her desire to return to the club in time for the new season in August," he said. "It confirms her determination and dedication to her recovery programme to be so far ahead of schedule. In the circumstances, we could not help but agree to give her another chance to succeed in her objective of playing for our club."

Brianna added: "'I got injured in my third day in England, I broke my tibia and fibula and had to have surgery done to put in a plate and a total of 8 screws. I started running again two and a half months later (slowly at first) and did rehab every day since getting out of the hard cast.

"My last doctor's appointment went well, he actually said I looked close to six months along and had only been three, so I was released to start training hard and playing on June 1st. Just three and a half months later, I started to do ball work and getting back into game shape. The Doctor told me to start doing anything I want to, as in hard cutting on my ankle and sprinting."

Brianna, who has been operating as a sports reporter for Nike while at home, will be joining Keynsham for their pre-season tour of Holland in the first week of August and is expected to take part in the club's two home friendlies at the Crown Field against top US side, Catawba College, at 7.30pm on Saturday 9th August and the following day, Sunday, at home to Everton with a 2.30pm kick off.

http://www.womenssoccerscene.co.uk/080720-02.htm