Author Topic: England's UEFA European Championship Qualifiers  (Read 9828 times)

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
England's UEFA European Championship Qualifiers
« on: August 02, 2008, 08:01:05 PM »
Spain settle on Zamora
by Alex Stone
Friday, 01 August 2008.

UEFA 2008 European Championship Qualifier
Czech Republic v England
2pm, Sunday 28 September
Ďolíček Stadium, Bohemians FC, Prague

UEFA 2008 European Championship Qualifier
Spain v England
Kick-Off TBC, Thursday 2 October
Estadio Ruta de la Plata, Zamora

Hope Powell's England Women now know the venues for their final Euro 2009 fixtures, where they will hope to seal qualification to their third successive tournament.

On Sunday 28 September at 2pm, the Czech Republic will play host to The Three Lions at the Ďolíček Stadium (above), home to Bohemians 1905. The club reached the semi final of the UEFA Cup back in 1983 but twenty years later they were relegated to the 3rd Division due to financial insolvency.

The club are now on an upward curve again, and their all-seater stadium with a capacity of 6,863 will see England hope to break down a stubborn defence who held out for a goalless draw in the corresponding fixture at Doncaster Rovers.

What could well be the group deciding game against Spain will take place at the Estadio Ruta de la Plata, home to FC Zamora who play in the Spanish Segunda Division B on Thursday 2 October. The stadium was built in 2003 and can hold just over 7,800 supporters.

Zamora is a city in Castile-Leon, the capital of the province of Zamora, near the frontier with Portugal. For fans looking to book travel, Zamora is North West of Madrid, due north of Salamanca and West of Valladolid, the latter approximately 90km away.

The FA are investigating the possibility of securing an area of the stadium for interested England fans to recreate the scenes in Rennes back in 2006. Keep logged onto TheFA.com for more information.

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/EnglandSenior/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2008/08/Spain_settle_on_Zamora.htm

Offline Roberts

• View Profile
Re: England's UEFA European Championship Qualifiers
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 04:32:56 PM »
England win 5-1 woohoo! ;D

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:08:54 PM »
England went 1-0 down, but Westwood got it to 1-1 at ht.
Then Smith 2, Carney and Jill Scott did the rest  ;D
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

footiechick

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 05:33:52 PM »
Gr8 result.Did anybody watch the match? Gutted cos i havent got Setanta yet  :(

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 06:41:31 PM »
Gr8 result.Did anybody watch the match? Gutted cos i havent got Setanta yet  :(

I watched on the video last night and fell asleep at times. They seem to have to wait until the Czech team ran out of steam towards the end before the goals started going in...If they had a better fittness level they may ave been able to hang on...In a crowd shot there was someone who looked really like Dowiefan so much so that if she was able to find her she could get this lookalike to do her shift for her anytime they clashed with games...I don't think anyone would know the difference, ha...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 01:20:48 AM »
Sounds like the Arsenal team  :D

The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 10:44:24 PM »
Its worth a try,

Anyone fancy uploading highlights of the matches after thursday, pretty please?  ;D i found out (luckily b4 signing) its very difficult to unsubscribe from Setanta so don't want to just take a month subscription and end up paying more than i can afford too.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 02:23:51 AM »
I didn't notice any stream available for the game in Czech Republic, but I was at another game, so wasn't looking, just getting updates.

But - have a look at http://www.myp2p.eu/

I don't know if there will be any link for the England game in Spain, but it will always be worth a look.

Download all the stuff it suggests (sopcast is a good one) and look for any game you want to watch.

They will be streams - ie a couple of minutes behind - but that makes them legal, I believe - and what is 2 minutes anyway?

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 12:38:32 PM »
thanks for the link, i will try that tomorrow night.... not bothered by 2 mins just would like to see the game. thanks again.

shlj

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 01:43:25 PM »
They will be streams - ie a couple of minutes behind - but that makes them legal, I believe - and what is 2 minutes anyway?
I don't think it does but chasing stuff like that is too time consuming for companies.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 11:23:26 PM »
I don't think it does but chasing stuff like that is too time consuming for companies.
You probably know more about it then I do, but I was once paying £6.99 every 2 months to a place doing streams, but it was closed down for legal reasons (just after I'd made a new payment  :'()
But, I think they were showing live stuff.
I remember watching a game that was on Sky, and at half time someone used their handset to look at a different channel  :D
So - I suppose they just had a camera watching tv screens  ;D

The site I mentioned above doesn't charge, and it just gives links to various places it finds - I suppose each of those places could be illegal - I just don't know, but the site only tells you where to look and what software you need - that can't be illegal, surely ?

Btw - if anyone does use the site, the links sometimes have games other than those it mentions (sometimes even different sports  ;D)
Just persevere ;)

Incidentally - even perfectly legal sites like Arsenal TV Online, when they do a commentary on a game have to use a delay it seems. The only way I could see or hear any of Arsenal v Sheff Utd in Carling Cup was via their commentary - but I put on teletext, well BBC Ceefax, to see other scores at one time, and found they were ahead of what I was listening to - and knew that Bendtner was about to score. I thought I was listening to a live commentary, so it was quite bizarre  :o
(Unless BBC are psychic  :D)

Offline OOH Fayefan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 11:28:18 PM »
I saw a game once, cant remember which one, had the picture on tv and commentart on radio, and it did the same thing...the commentary was ahead of the pictures and I knew what was coming....might have been an England game...........shame the English goalie wasnt listening to the same as me...... ;)
League Champions and FA Cup Double Winners 2007 - 2008
League Champions, League Cup and FA Cup Treble Winners 2008 - 2009
League Champions 2009 - 2010

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »
I saw a game once, cant remember which one, had the picture on tv and commentart on radio, and it did the same thing...the commentary was ahead of the pictures and I knew what was coming....might have been an England game...........shame the English goalie wasnt listening to the same as me...... ;)
You should have sent the goalie a radio  ;D

There doesn't appear to be a link to the game tonight - but things can change, so it'll be worth a look later on. There are links to all the UEFA Cup games though, so, if you want to watch Galatasaray with a Chinese commentary......  :o

Offline OOH Fayefan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »
I be watching it on Setanta...anyone know what the Arsenal Ladies stuff is all about tonight on Arsenal tv?
League Champions and FA Cup Double Winners 2007 - 2008
League Champions, League Cup and FA Cup Treble Winners 2008 - 2009
League Champions 2009 - 2010

Offline Dezxoxo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 05:02:47 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7648232.stm

interview with Casey Stoney and Hope Powell ahead of tomorrows clash with Spain

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 07:53:16 PM »
Bad start...1-0 Spain, Fara free kick againt the post, now Brownie saves a one on one for 2-0. Second half magic needed again

Offline idh1

• View Profile
    • Work In Words
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 08:00:01 PM »
Cheers Pat. Keep 'em coming.

I don't have Setanta - the leeches.

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 08:07:24 PM »
Thanks for the news Pat; is the starting line up - that which finished the game sunday?

Can't get a stream on the P2P so going to go sweat it out at the pub, hoping to come back to 5 - 1 again  ;)

good luck ladies!!!!!

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 08:09:24 PM »
Much better , Kaz misses a gift header, England in control now , constant pressure and good possession. Smith and Caz go close

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 08:12:29 PM »
Eni in for Lianne..s'''t 2-0 from a free kick! 41 mins