Author Topic: KIM, 16, IS MISS MATCH  (Read 1178 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
KIM, 16, IS MISS MATCH
« on: February 12, 2007, 01:52:29 PM »
SCOTTISH football has found the new Wayne Rooney - and she's a girl.

Kim Little is so good, she has broken into the Scottish senior women's squad at the age of 16.

Her selection emulates her hero Rooney, who became England's youngest ever player at 16 in 2003.

Midfielder Kim sets off today with her international team-mates for a tournament in Cyprus, which includes Sweden and Japan. Scotland coach Anna Signeul said: "Kim is an exceptional talent. There's no limit to how far she can progress.

"She has technique, speed and power, and she reads the game extremely well."

Kim, of Mintlaw, Aberdeenshire, is looking forward to playing alongside established stars, such as Arsenal striker Julie Fleeting.

She said: "It was totally unexpected to be called up. I thought I would be in the under-19s this year.

"I'm now going to be playing with the very players I look up to. I still can't believe it. I'mdead chuffed."

Kim also plays for Hibs Ladies in Edinburgh, which means a 330-mile round trip for matches and training.

Her parents, Calvin and Alison, help with transport.

But it is all worth it for Kim to follow in the footsteps of Manchester United ace Rooney.

She said: "I love the way he plays.

"He is so much better than anyone else at the moment."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_headline=kim--16--is-miss-match-&method=full&objectid=18610685&siteid=66633-name_page.html