Author Topic: Japanese Man Finds Woman Living in His Cupboard  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
Japanese Man Finds Woman Living in His Cupboard
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:08:10 PM »
Japanese man finds woman living in his closet
AFP
AFP - Friday, May 30 06:29 am

TOKYO (AFP) - A Japanese man puzzled by food mysteriously disappearing from his refrigerator got a shock when he found out a woman had been living in his home for months without permission, police said Friday.
(Advertisement)

The 57-year-old man living alone -- or so he thought -- in the western city of Fukuoka installed a security camera and called the police when he saw images of someone walking around his home while he was out.

"We searched the house in the man's presence. We found the woman in the closet," said a local police spokesman.

The woman, named as 58-year-old Tatsuko Horikawa, was found in a flat storage space only just big enough for a person to squeeze into lying down.

She had sneaked a mattress and several plastic bottles into the cubby hole, police said, adding that the women had been arrested.

"She told police that she had nowhere to live," the spokesman said. "She seems to have lived there for about a year, but not all the time."

It is unclear how she managed to enter the home undetected. Police suspect she might have been closet-hopping, moving from house to house.

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
Re: Japanese Man Finds Woman Living in His Cupboard
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 12:22:14 AM »
I read about that - so amazing  ;D

How did she get in?  :-[
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 10:46:37 AM »
Don't know how she got in but would be weird finding a woman hiding in your house.  Typical also that  instead of Vanessa Mae it should be a 58 year bint.  Funny town he lived in too Fukuoka, ha.  I was on chat last night discussing the subject of strange place names, not sure I could put it up on an open forum though so we way just have to leave it there...

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 12:43:59 AM »
I think my mate has someone like her in his house.

I got a phone call from his mobile, but no-one was on the other end, so I shut it off.

He reckons he was out for an hour before the call and didn't get back until after it, and left his phone behind when the call was made  ;D

The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 11:50:05 AM »

I got a phone call from his mobile, but no-one was on the other end, so I shut it off.

He reckons he was out for an hour before the call and didn't get back until after it, and left his phone behind when the call was made  ;D

It could have been a mouse running over it and setting it off or it could have been like in the movie 'White Noise'  If someone was hiding in your house do they have squatters rights?

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 11:20:09 PM »

It could have been a mouse running over it and setting it off or it could have been like in the movie 'White Noise'  If someone was hiding in your house do they have squatters rights?
That's a good question ;)

And - does it apply to mice? ;)

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 11:21:28 AM »
Mmmmmm....