Author Topic: England away again  (Read 909 times)

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
England away again
« on: June 24, 2008, 02:00:23 PM »
From October 2007 to October 2008 England will play 9 games. Only three (already played) in this country.. none are world cup games BTW... friendlies in cyprus and germany do what for the game?

3 home games in a year. why not a friendly over summer.. instead of germany why not one here.. keep the interest up and as the nation is suffering from a lack of home football there might be interest. We seem to be supporting other countries interest in womens football but not ours.

Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
Re: England away again
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 09:50:09 PM »
Aside from the qualification games. I suppose it is dictated by what opponents are available. Sweden and Norway obviously play their seasons during the summer, and typically have warm weather training early in the year. If England want to meet those sorts of teams, who will give them a test, then they don't really have much choice than to meet them away.

Germany will have their own Olympic build up, so I suppose that fixture will be arranged to suit Germany rather than England. But I do agree that it would be nice to have some games at home.