Author Topic: Spying on the increase in Norway  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Spying on the increase in Norway
« on: February 13, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
A few countries have ratcheted up their spying activites in Norway in the last years, according to the Police security chief Jørn Holme.

"Several countries' intelligence services were very active during the Cold War.  It was quiet in the 90s, but activity has increased again to the level of the Cold War.  The difference is that far more countries are active in Norway than before", said Holme to Aftenposten.

Some sources have told the paper that the Russians' activities are at an all-time high and they are particularly interested in the northern regions.  "I will not comment in detail, but more countries are active in Norway than people would have thought", said Holme.

Russian newspapers have commented on increased Russian intelligence activity in Norway.  "These comments are groundless and are a throwback to the days of the Cold War", said press attaché Yevgenii Kolesnikov from the Russian Embassy, to Aftenposten.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/troms_og_finnmark/1.4765311

[attachment deleted by admin]
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
Re: Spying on the increase in Norway
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 04:15:54 PM »
I had to laugh at the planes Russia are sending over.  Old crates from the 50s.  Ive seen photos of different designs of aircraft sent up to intercept them including the recent Eurofighter yet the Russian plane remains the same. 

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Re: Spying on the increase in Norway
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:58:46 PM »
Well, I think that we would send Canberras from the 50s or 60s in that kind of role.  And then there's the USA with its B-52s from that era which are I think are planned to be kept in use until at least 2038.  Their old crates are just as much of a presence in the air . .

Alltid. Uansett.