Author Topic: England Under-20  (Read 35994 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
England Under-20
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »
England's Under-20 team will be playing in Chile at the Four Nations Tournament from February 8th-17th.

The tournament is a trial run-through for the Under-20 World Cup finals which will be played in Chile in November this year.

According to a Norwegian website England will play Norway on Friday February 15th at 19.15 in La Portada Stadium.

http://www.fotball.no/t2.aspx?p=51835&x=1&a=217014&cat=51835
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:21:21 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

shlj

Re: England Under-20
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:23:56 PM »
I think it will create problems for a side like chelsea hat has 5 or 6 players eligible.
Arsenal has two squad members in it as well.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
A huge honour
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:08:18 PM »
A huge honour

By Alex Stone. Friday, 01 February 2008.

U20 Four Nations Tournament

Monday 11 February
England v USA
Estadio La Portada, 7.15pm (local time)

Wednesday 13 February
Chile v England
Estadio La Portada, 10.00pm (local time)

Friday 15 February
Norway v England
Estadio La Portada, 10.00pm (local time)

England Women's U20s meet up on Wednesday evening on the outskirts of Slough, but 48 hours will be heading to La Serena in Chile.

La Serena boasts white sand beaches, a pleasant year-round climate, great scenery and superb seafood, and is the country's second oldest city. None of that will be of too much interest to Head Coach Mo Marley though, as she seeks to step up preparations ahead of the FIFA Women's U20 World Cup in Chile this November.

An 18-player squad will play three matches against Chile, the USA and Norway between 11-15 February, and for one of the squad, pulling on the England training top will be of greater satisfaction than usual.

Twelve months ago, Steph Houghton was being tipped by supporters and journalists as being one of the 'surprise inclusions' in Hope Powell's squad for the World Cup in China.

Strong, consistent performances for Sunderland saw Steph earn five caps between March and May of 2007, earning her a call-up in the final squad of 21. But just three days before the team departed for their training camp in Macau, Steph sustained a spiral fracture of the left leg, an injury that has only saw her return to first team action in November.

"To be called up for the U20 squad is a huge honour" Steph told TheFA.com. "This time last year I was targetting the senior World Cup and it would have been a dream come true to have been involved. That wasn't to be, and now if I could represent my country in Chile, it would be just as satisfying.

"All the physios who have worked with me I owe a lot to, and Rick [Passmoor] and Leanne [Hall] at Leeds have also given me a huge amount of support and stuck by me whilst I've been working my way back."

After two or three games coming off the bench before Christmas, Steph has now got three games of 90 minutes behind her, and last weekend played in the FA Cup victory which went to penalties away to Chelsea. "I actually took a penalty and missed" admitted Steph "and my only excuse was that I was completely knackered!"

Between them, Leeds and Chelsea make up half of the squad, and Steph feels that her Leeds side are making progress after a slow start to the season.

"We took a while to gel as a side but we're having a good run in The FA Cup and starting to make progress" said Steph. "Rick and Lianne are trying to build a team around some very talented young players, supported by some experienced heads like Sue Smith and Amanda Barr, and hopefully in 2-3 seasons we'll be aiming for sustained period of success."

Of her teammates in Chile, Steph knows the likes of Danielle Hill, Sian Larkin and Ellen White from a spell at Loughborough University, and it was there that the squad met for fitness training and a pep-talk this week.

"The Coaching staff have come up with a programme for all the players and we've also received nutritional advice, as well as information preparing us for the long flight. At every level for England now, the players are being supported from a technical, medical and psychological side, and as our players becoming more attuned to the demands of international football, I'm positive that we'll continue to close the gap on some of the more established nations.

"I've never been to South America before so there'll be an element of the unexpected about the three games, but if we prepare as professionally as possible against some strong opposition, we can given ourselves a good confidence boost ahead of the World Cup in November."

England Squad:
Danielle Hill (Everton), Rebecca Spencer (Arsenal), Danielle Buet (Chelsea), Sophie Bradley (Leeds United), Jayne Eadie (Blackburn Rovers), Stephanie Houghton (Leeds United), Sian Larkin (Chelsea), Toni Duggan (Everton), Elizabeth Edwards (Chelsea), Michelle Hinnigan (Everton), Sophie Walton (Leeds United), Chelsea Weston (Birmingham City), Remi Allen (Leicester City), Jessica Clarke (Leeds United), Natasha Dowie (Everton), Claire Rafferty and Ellen White (both Chelsea), Kelly Lawrence (Indiana University)

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/EnglandU19/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2008/02/A_huge_honour.htm
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline sleepysara13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 09:34:22 AM »
just thought thought next round fa cup on the tenth.... leeds got 4 first teamers in squad so whats happen 2 dat

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 10:56:11 AM »
USA Edge Out England U20s
12/02/2008 

Monday February 11th
U20 FOUR NATIONS TOURNAMENT
England 0-1 USA

England went down 1-0 to the USA at their opening game in the U20 Four Nations Tournament in La Serena, Chile.

In an even match, watched by a crowd of 2,500 at Estadio La Portada, the only goal game at the end of the first half, Teresa Noyola volleying home from a Nikki Washington cross.

Mo Marley's side went close to an equaliser in the second-half but were denied by fine saves from keeper Alyssa Naeher.

In the other fixture, Chile held Norway to a 3-3 draw, with Tina Wulf Eikeland and June Tårnes (2) on target for the Norwegians.

ENGLAND: Danielle Hill, StephHoughton, Chelsea Weston, Kelly Lawrence, Sophie Bradley, Danielle Buet (Claire Rafferty, 67), Remi Allen, Elizabeth Edwards, Ellen White, Jessica Clark, Natasha Dowie.

USA: Alyssa Naeher, Lauren Barnes, Nikki Marshall, Lauren Fowlkes, Elli Reed, Teresa Noyola, Keelin Winters (Ingrid Wells, 62), Casey Nogueira, Nikkie Washington, Melissa Henderson (Kelley O’Hara, 46), Michelle Enyeart (Ashlee Elliott, 80).
Subs not used: Kristin Olsen, Kasey Johnson, Ella Stephan, Rachel Shipley.

http://www.fgmag.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=4665

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 09:46:40 PM »
USA 1 England 0      
Noyola 45         

U20 Four Nations Tournament
Monday 11 February 2008
Estadio La Portada

England's Under-20s narrowly lost their opening Four Nations fixture against the USA in La Portada, Chile.

Teresa Noyola scored the only goal of the game when she netted on 45 minutes to condemn the Three Lions to a defeat.

Mo Marley's squad are in South America to prepare for November's FIFA Women's U20 World Cup, which they qualified for en route to reaching the Final of the European Championship last summer.

"It was a really competitive game against a strong USA team," said the Head Coach. "The girls did extremely well and created many chances."

England will be back in action on Wednesday against the tournament hosts in a game that will be broadcast live on national television.

England: Dani Hill, Stephanie Houghton (c), Chelsea Weston, Dani Buet (Claire Rafferty 65 min), Kelly Lawrence, Sophie Bradley, Ellen White, Elizabeth Edwards, Natasha Dowie, Remi Allen, Jessica Clarke.

Substitutes: Claire Rafferty, Rebecca Spencer, Michelle Hinnigan, Sophie Walton, Jayne Eadie, Sian Larkin, Toni Duggan.

Chile fared slightly better than England in their opening fixture, coming from behind to draw 3-3 with Norway.

Goals from Tina Wulf Eikeland in the fourth minute and June Tarnes on 40 minutes gave Norway a two-goal lead but Mayorie Hernandez (53) and Daniela Zamora (75) brought Chile level.

Tarnes restored Norway's lead with seven minutes remaining before Nathalie Quezada made it 3-3 in the 90th minute.

www.thefa.com
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
England draw 2-2 with Norway
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 09:08:24 PM »
The Under-20 England and Norway teams played a 2-2 draw in La Serena, Chile, today in front of 3500 spectators.   Norway went 2-0 up in first ten minutes of the second half but Ellen White reduced the lead to 2-1 in the 82nd minute, and the equaliser came with an own goal by a Norway player right at the end.

www.fotball.no

Alltid. Uansett.

shlj

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 09:24:20 PM »
I think this tournament is excellent as the girls will be used to the environnment when they come back for their world playing quality teams does no harm as well and the logistics and preparation will be also
in good nick thanks to that trip

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Under-20 tournament summary
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 01:25:38 PM »
Feb 11
Chile 3 Norway 3
USA 1 England 0

Feb 13
USA 2 Norway 1
Chile 1 England 0

Feb 15
Norway 2 England 2
USA 5 Chile 1

Under-20 Four Nations Tournament Chile Feb. 2008
             P    W    L    D    F    A    P
USA        3    3     0    0    8    2    9
Chile       3    1     1    1    5    8    4
Norway   3    0     1    2    6    7    2
England   3    0     2    1    2    4    1
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:27:50 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

shlj

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 12:07:22 PM »
The World Cup is now 48 days away and there is a camp planned next week in preparation for the big event.
As usual we have to guess who has been called up  ???

Offline Bluesfan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 12:49:54 PM »
Here's the training camp list from the fair game website (www.fgmag.com)

As part of their preparations for the FIFA U20 World Cup in Chile next month, the England squad have a training camp taking place at Preston Sports Arena, from October 5th-10th.

The squad is as follows;

Remi Allen - Leicester City FCW
Helen Alderson - Sunderland
Sophie Bradley - Leeds Carnegie
Ashley Baker - University Of Georgia
Danielle Buet - Chelsea
Brooke Chaplen - Portsmouth
Jess Clarke - Leeds Carnegie
Natasha Dowie - Everton
Toni Duggan - Everton
Jayne Eadie - Doncaster Rovers Belles
Liz Edwards - Chelsea
Gilly Flaherty - Arsenal
Chloe Foster - Birmingham City
Georgina Giddings - Chelsea
Becky Hall - Birmingham City
Kerys Harrop - Birmingham City
Emily Heckler - Doncaster Rovers Belles
Ashlee Hincks - Watford
Michelle Hinnigan - Everton
Steph Houghton - Leeds Carnegie
Rachel Laws - Sunderland
Sian Larkin - Chelsea
Jade Moore - Leeds Carneige
Katie Owen - Chelsea
Claire Rafferty - Chelsea
Chloe Roberts - Plymouth Argyle
Rebecca Spencer - Arsenal
Sophie Walton - Leeds Carneige
Chelsea Weston - Doncaster Rovers Belles
Fern Whelan - Everton
Rachel Williams - Doncaster Rovers Belles

shlj

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 02:58:28 PM »
Gilly and Becky will be with Arsenal in France. It is a huge list, so the final 21 should be in this list I personally would select :
Spencer Alderson Baker Houghton Lawrence Whelan Larkin  bradley Eadie Flaherty Clarke Edwards Williams Buet Rafferty Walton Allen Chaplen Dowie Duggan Hall.

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 05:40:53 PM »
Glad to see that Brooke Chaplen has got fed up with Chelsea and has gone back to Pompey , according to the list ! Bad luck for the 10 or so who get removed from this list before the trip to Chile, especially those who were involved in Iceland 2007 . Awful bad luck for Ellen White and Dani Hill who surely would have been starters in every match...

shlj

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 08:03:53 PM »
It's a shame that Heather Scheuber does not play for England any more because she would have been a great addition to this squad. England has a good chance as loads of players are already established Premier League players. France U20 does not boast as much top level experience as this squad that contains 4 UEFA cup winners  ;)

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 08:11:48 PM »
Does the under 20s mean that next months game against Arsenal will be off as well?

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

shlj

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 08:25:01 PM »
I guess yes because Mo Marley will be in Chile and You won't have a center forward available with Duggan and Dowie there as well?

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 08:48:55 PM »
I guess yes because Mo Marley will be in Chile and You won't have a center forward available with Duggan and Dowie there as well?

And what about Fern Whelan surely she'll be there as well...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

shlj

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »

And what about Fern Whelan surely she'll be there as well...
Michelle Hinnigan as well maybe. I guess Chelsea will loose 5 players and Leeds a fair amount , those 3 sides will postpone their games for sure or will be weakened.

Offline idh1

• View Profile
    • Work In Words
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 09:45:56 AM »
Chelsea's fixture list is showing all games postponed between November 9th and December 7th.

These are:

H - Blackburn Rovers    
A - Everton        
A - Bristol Academy       
H - Leeds Carnegie   
A - Arsenal    

They're due to play Watford on Thurs 6th Nov at Imber Court and resume on Sun 14th Dec home against Doncaster.

shlj

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 10:36:31 AM »
I guess Chelsea reserves team will be a bit stronger during that month, that's unlucky for the sides who will meet them.