Author Topic: Lise Klaveness  (Read 1328 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lise Klaveness
« on: February 20, 2007, 11:37:10 AM »
I know her site has been mentioned elsewhere but I don't think we have Lise Klaveness in the Players section as yet -

http://www.lise-klaveness.com/

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
Re: Lise Klaveness
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 02:46:12 PM »
There's been lots about Lise on other threads, especially her treatment by the Norwegian team manager. Annika's latest post and translation on the Norway board deals with Lise's dilemma over her club future.

Lisa Klaveness deciding in the next two weeks

Well, I can at least try and translate it (with my not too brilliant english).

"A hard decision for Klaveness
Asker or Umeå? That's the choice for Klaveness.
-It is a very hard decision for me, says Klaveness.

Lise Klaveness has finnished her studies, which make her club decision for next year even more hard.
- I am getting on very well in Umeå, both with the team and the city, but I have to look the entirety. I have finnished my studies and want to able to both play football and work. I think it would be easier for me to get a job home in Norway, and I also think it would be easier for me to work there because I know better how things work there.

If she should be moving back to Norway is there one club she wants to play for.
- It's my second club Asker, which I have played for so long as it almost feels like my family.

She has got a contract porposal from Asker but wants to see the proposal from Umeå that she is waiting for before she makes her decision.
- I will wait and see what feels best; I really like Umeå and feel satisfied about Andree, the club comittee and everything, and the football is best here. But I will try figure it out how I want to do, and I know that wath ever I chose that is going to be a good decision. "

The article's from Västerbottens folkblad 2007-10-30.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 02:53:41 PM by redrobin »

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
Re: Lise Klaveness
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 12:19:57 PM »
Last month, on her website, Lise said:-

"I am thriving here at Umeå and can not have a better football experience.  I love every match here and have at last found continuity in my position on the pitch, namely the midfield.  But Asker is always there.  Asker feels almost like family to me and it's always at the back of my head that I will play there again."

Having completed her academic studies as a lawyer, the issue for her was whether to return her to Norway to pursue her legal career or, at still only 27, stay with Umeå, one of Europe's top teams, for a year or two more.

Yesterday Lise and Asker announced she was on her way home from Sweden. Asker have secured the homebound professional's signature for the next two seasons as well as taking on a physical training role with the club.

Thanks to Billyboy, Annika and Alan there's a load of recent stuff on Lise on various Norwegian and Swedish threads, including from Lise's own website.

Alan's post earlier today has Lise's latest comments on her decision.

Today I made up my mind to return to the club in my heart, Asker.  I have had two fantastic years in Umeå, where every instant on the football field has been a sporting experience and an adventure.  The engagement in and around UIK is completely unique, and it's obviously sad to leave all the folk I have been happy with for these two years. 

On the other hand it feels right to go back to Asker now.  It gives me new challenges,and it feels like coming home.  A big plus is that Eli Landsem will be there as the sports-chief.  I have known Eli for many years and she is a person I have a lot of respect for and see as a good friend.  As well as that I think it is very positive that Jan Aksel has agreed to take the trainer's job.  The talks we have had give me the impression of an ambitious and forceful trainer who wishes to improve the coordination in the team's play. 

For me it is natural to take another step in my career.  Taking responsibility for physical training in the club I see as a new dimension for me, and it is something for which I can draw on the good experiences from my time at UIK.   

Lise Klaveness, 05-12-07
www.lise-klaveness.com

« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:34:54 PM by redrobin »