Author Topic: Question please answer this i really want to hear something  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Hanna Ljungberg Fan

• View Profile
Question please answer this i really want to hear something
« on: September 28, 2007, 09:10:18 PM »
You knew i'm quit a big fan of Hope Solo.
Bud i'm so afraid now
i'm scared that the things happend in the last days have damaged or even ruiend the rest off here career

what do you guys think

will she be able to get over this

will she play agian for the states

it would be so sad that that a beloved career is over because off this   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
Re: Question please answer this i really want to hear something
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 10:49:57 PM »
will she play agian for the states

I would think not.. her comments after the game might be true. But it lets down the manager, the team and her fellow players by saying them to the worlds media.
Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com

Offline Hanna Ljungberg Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 12:28:37 AM »
read this message from here about the whole thing on myspace she really cmeared things up now

To all my old fans, to all my new fans, and to those who find me disgraceful,

I have felt compelled to clear the air regarding many of my postgame comments on Thursday night. I am not proud or happy the way things have come out. Although I stand strong in everything I said, the true disheartening moment for me was realizing it could look as though I was taking a direct shot at my own teamate. I would never throw such a low blow. Never. Many of this goes way beyond anyone's understanding, and is simply hard to justify. In my eyes there is no justification to put down a teamate. That is not what i was doing. I am confidant in knowing that i would have made a major difference on the field. I have to believe that. I have to believe that I should have been on the field or why am I a professional trying to be the very best? I also have agreed to disagree with our head coach and I stand firm in my beliefs that it was the wrong decision. However, to put down a teamate was never, ever my intent. I only wanted to speak of my own abilities yet also recognize that the past is the past. Things were taken out of context, or analyzed differently from my true meaning of my own words. for that I am sorry. I hope everybody will come to know I have a deep respect for this team and for Bri. For all of whom I disappointed I am truly sorry. There is a fine line of being a professional and being yourself. I can only do what I feel is right, and then hope that my true meaning is understood. I have an uphill battle now, and I have already suffered many consequences. For those who have been in my corner, your support means more than you'll ever know. I cannot thank you all enough. Truly there are too many to respond back to. I feel very fortunate to have the many different people from all different ages, countries, and personalities, standing behind me. It is extremely humbling. I only wish I could tell you all individually. For those who despise me, well, I can only hope that in due time you can find the understanding needed to forgive me.

all the best,

Hope

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 10:54:09 AM »
A bit difficult to answer really. Personally I would think that she will definitely play again.

Everybody says and does things that they regret and it would be silly to end somebody's career over something like that. Hopefully if she apologizes to any one she has offended then things might get back to normal after a while.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 10:57:19 AM by BillyBoy »

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 11:46:27 AM »
There have been all sorts of strange decisions at this World Cup.  The strength and skill of the players may have developed down the years, but the way teams are managed and organised hasn't kept pace.

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u