Author Topic: surely reserves means reserve  (Read 2272 times)

Offline jeff

• View Profile
surely reserves means reserve
« on: January 20, 2007, 08:38:17 AM »
I am getting fed up of teams putting out their first teams in the reserve fixtures. WHY?

Reserve team football is supposed to be for the development of players, players coming back from injury and trialists. So why is it that the following teams in our division put out 6 or 7 first team players when the 1st team does not have a game, I will name and shame. Newcastle Utd, Doncaster Rovers, Sunderland, Everton. This is in our league. Why do i write this. We are a team where our oldest player is 22, our youngest 15. We have never played a first teamer in any of our games unless they are coming back from injury or sat on the bench for at least THREE games. We paid over £600 to travel up to Newcastle last week to be faced with one of the leading goal scorers in the first team league, Mel Reay then put 4 past us, we lost 4 -1, so yes 1 player does make the difference, in total they used 4 full 1st teamers and 3 fringe players, what does that prove, that their first team is better than our reserves, I should hope so. All of Newcastles wins this season have come with at least 4 1st teamers in it so the league is somewhat falsified, because if Newcastle played their reserves every week they would not have 1 point, because when their first team has a game their reserves lose every week. We play Doncaster tomorrow and they are renowned for playing 1st teamers when they do not have a game so obviously we will not get 3 points which will ultimately mean relegation, which if that happens we are thinking of pulling out of the league because we will not be able to afford to travel to the likes of Newcastle and Sunderland just to be beaten by 1st teams. The FAWPL should do something but they wont because they are scared of retribution by the big 5, but what is the point of developing youngsters if they wont do anything about it.

PS before anyone says that playing against better players makes you a better player they are wrong, playing against a better player that you are opposing at your current level of football will improve you but playing against someone 5 years older, physically bigger and playing international football just makes you down hearted and makes you look awful.

Offline Sarah_23

• View Profile
Re: surely reserves means reserve
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 12:38:09 AM »
u no nothing about newcastle united!!!!!!!

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 02:55:35 AM »

You have at least one player on international duty and you dont have to play your games.. because the opposition will have an advantage and thats not fair..

Why doesn't fairness stretch to the reserves?
Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com

Offline Sarah_23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 05:36:26 PM »
shows u no nothing newcastle dont have any senior internations bar one who has been out injured for ages!

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 06:12:14 PM »
I was reffering to all the teams who are allowed to postpone there matches.. Obviosuly newcastle isn't one of them are they :)
Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com