Author Topic: Richardson Returns For Lincoln  (Read 949 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Richardson Returns For Lincoln
« on: January 19, 2007, 09:55:42 AM »
Lincoln City finally get to play their first FA Women's Premier League Northern Division match of the new year at Curzon Ashton this Sunday.

City presently sit at the top of the Northern Division table, clear of their nearest rivals Crewe Alexandra by 5 points, having won 9 and lost only one of their 12 Northern Division match's up to the enforced Christmas break in December.

Although Curzon are struggling near the bottom of the table with only 9 points from 15 matches, Lady Imps manager Rod Wilson does not expect this to be an easy match for his team;

"Curzon Ashton will be fighting as hard as us for a result tomorrow in their attempt to avoid relegation this season,” said Wilson. They had a big win last week against Wolves, who have given us two difficult games this season, and I expect our game with Curzon tomorrow to be a real battle. Every game, including this one, has to be played like a cup final if we are to avoid slipping up and giving either Newcastle or Liverpool the chance of catching us" he said.

Key Imps midfielder/striker Kirsty Richardson (pictured), who sustained a bad neck injury during Lincoln’s Premier League Cup victory over Liverpool in October, will provide a massive boost for her club when she returns to first team football on Sunday. Sixteen year old Richardson is set to feature in Wilson’s squad alongside City's new signing England U19 international Ellie Gilliatt, who will make her 2006/2007 Northern Division debut against Curzon on Sunday. Gilliatt previously played in the National Division for Blackburn Rovers before signing for the Imps in the new year.

“I’m really looking forward to playing for Lincoln and playing first team football again,” said Richardson. I was really worried that I might not be able to play again this season, but I’m on my way back to full fitness and can’t wait to get back to competitive football. I hope I will be able to take my place in the team and do my bit to get Lincoln promoted this season - I know it’s not going to be easy, but I think we can do it. It’s great to be back, I’ve really missed it,” she said.

http://www.shekicks.net/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=3343