Author Topic: Isabell Herlovsen  (Read 1157 times)

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
Isabell Herlovsen
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:41:31 AM »
Dream day for ice-cool Isabell
Sunday 23 September 2007

Going into the match, she was the joker in the Norwegian pack, the one player China PR did not expect to start. By the end, Isabell Herlovsen had also proved Bjarne Berntsen's trump card.

In her first start at China 2007, Norway's youngest player certainly stayed ice-cool in the white-hot atmosphere in Wuhan, impudently robbing Wang Kun on 32 minutes before sending an unstoppable shot high into the net with her weaker foot.

The goal ultimately settled a match in which Berntsen's side often found themselves on the back foot, and although it merely added to Hervlosen's first FIFA Women's World Cup strike - as a substitute in the 7-2 win over Ghana - the 19-year-old was in no doubt over which was the sweeter.

"Today's was definitely very, very special to me, I will always remember it," she told FIFA.com. "China was a tough opponent and I think we only got there in the end because we worked as a team. But the goal was special personally, it was just a fantastic moment.

"I could see the defender was running away from the ball rather than going towards it, so I saw my chance, took the gamble and was lucky enough to score. And it was my left foot too! I am right-footed so it was extra special. I didn't know what to do at first after it went in but then I ran to the substitutes because I had promised them beforehand I would do that if I scored."

Big-game hunter
The reaction of her team-mates certainly confirmed not only the significance of the strike, but also how highly regarded Herlovsen is within the Norway camp. The youngster may have been a bit part player during the group stage, but as Solveig Gulbrandsen pointed out, at just 16, the dynamic striker was already scoring vital goals for her country against France and Sweden in the 2005 UEFA Women's Championship.

"I'm delighted for her," said the midfield playmaker. "I've actually been waiting for her to do something like that because she's a player who, as she showed in 2005, has this ability to come up with something when our team needs her."

The question now is whether Berntsen will decide that he requires Herlovsen's bustling, direct style and ability to rise to the big occasion when his side go head to head with the holders in Tianjin.

"That's up to him but I would love to play, that goes without saying," said the teenager. "I think it will be two very good and very closely-matched teams. We played against them before coming here and drew 2-2, so we know we can match them.

"They are a good side and it will be tough for us. But we will go into the game with confidence. Hopefully I have done enough to convince the manager I should play, but I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see."

http://www.fifa.com/womenworldcup/news/newsid=604334.html#dream+cool+isabell

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
Re: Isabell Herlovsen
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 01:25:09 PM »
Post by BillyBoy on the Kolbotn thread

Talent prize for Isabell Herlovsen

Isabell Herlovsen has been awarded StatoilHydro’s talent prize for September. She is in the running against six other players for the title “Young Player of the Year 2007”, that will be decided during the men’s cup final next Sunday.

KOLBOTN: Herlovsen has impressed since the summer, not only for her club team Kolbotn, but also on the U19 and senior national teams.

It began in Iceland during the U19 European Championship in the summer, where Isabell stood out as a leading character both on and off the pitch, there the Norwegian team advanced to the semi-final and therefore also to the U20 World Cup next year, says jury member Pål Arne Johansen, assistant trainer on the women’s national team.

She later continued to impress during the World Cup in China.

She silenced a packed stadium when she scored the game’s only goal in the quarterfinal and thus sent the host nation out of the tournament, says Johansen.

Expert jury

Apart from him, the jury consists of Anita Rapp (previous national team player and now expert commentator on TV2), Nils Johan Semb (expert commentator TV2) and Øystein Gåre (national team coach U21 men).

StatoilHydro’s Talent Prize is a cooperation between the NFF, TV2 and StatoilHydro. Each month through the season a boy or girl between 15 and 21 years is honoured as “the month’s football talent”. All together seven players are now competing for the title “Young Player of the Year 2007”. The decision will be made during the cup final on Sunday, in front of a packed Ullevål Stadium.

Grateful

I really appreciate this and am very grateful, says Herlovsen.

Every talent prize winner gets to donate 50,000 kroner to the football clubs that have had the most significance for him/her, and Herlovsen has chosen to give the whole amount to her first club, Begby.
We allocate these talent prizes to award what we call tomorrow’s heroes, and hope at the same time that it can work as an inspiration for the many talented boys and girls who work hard to develop themselves further, says marketing chief Oddvar Høie at StatoilHydro.

The following seven talents are competing for the title of “Young Player of the Year 2007”:

Tarik Elyounoussi, Fredrikstad FK
Marita Skammelsrud Lund, Team Strømmen
Håvard Nordtveit, FK Haugesund
Alexander Tettey, Rosenborg
Maren Mjelde, Arna-Bjørnar
Isabell Herlovsen, Kolbotn
Tore Reginiussen, Tromsø

Source: http://www.oblad.no/article/20071105/OPPEGARD/711050012/1143/NYHETER

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
Re: Isabell Herlovsen
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 12:57:31 PM »
Another re-post from the Kolbotn thread. Billyboy posted yesterday that Isobel has confirmed her immediate future is with Kolbotn.

Herlovsen signs for two more years

Isabell Herlovsen has signed a contract with Kolbotn for two more years. The speculation about a move to a foreign club is therefore over.

SKI/FREDRIKSTAD: Isabell Herlovsen said to TV2 sport earlier this week that she could imagine new challenges. Many feared that she was on her way from Kolbotn.
However the Fredrikstad girl put a stop to the speculation yesterday.

- I have signed a new two year contract. There is no doubt that I have a wish to play abroad at some stage, but it is a little too early, says Isabell Herlovsen.

There had to be some negotiations before the midfield player and KIL reached an agreement.

- It was mainly focussed around the finance. I thought I got too little in relation to how much time I spent driving to training amongst other things. We have however reached an agreement, and both Kolbotn and myself are pleased said Herlovsen.

- Do you believe that Kolbotn still want to be a top club in Norway?

- Kolbotn are the best alternative in Norway. I’m not in any doubt that we will be at the top in the future. Some players will always leave, but I think it can be sensible with little changes in the squad occasionally, thinks Herlovsen.

Pleased

Herlovsen thinks that this season has been good, despite last year’s gold in the league being exchanged for silver this year.

- Silver is nice of course considering that we lost some good players before the season, we also have the cup final again, points out the midfield player.

- How will it go there?

- It will be an even game, but if we play like we have shown lately we will win, finishes Herlovsen.

Source: http://www.oblad.no/article/20071108/OPPEGARD/711090005/1056/SPORT