Author Topic: Barr joins Leeds Ladies  (Read 1583 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Barr joins Leeds Ladies
« on: January 15, 2007, 06:26:44 PM »
Leeds United Ladies have captured the signing of England International striker Amanda Barr from Blackburn Rovers.

24 year old Amanda has 37 caps for England, scoring 10 goals along the way. Amanda has been a prolific striker in the Women's Premier league for quite a few years and has experience playing in big games both at International level and club level.

Barr told local Yorkshire media: " I have played under Julie before and that was an important factor in me joining Leeds.

" I spoke to Julie about the club, her plans and where I would fit in before deciding that Leeds were the team for me to join. There are some quality players here and a really good team spirit.

"Leeds are doing really well in both the league and cups so it's great to join a club challenging for trophies. I hope I can help bring success to the club.

"I' ve come here to do my best for Leeds United Ladies, to help the team win things and if I am playing well then it can only help my England chances too. I haven't played for a while, so I need a few games, but it was good to score on my debut and most importantly see us get three points.

Leeds United Ladies Manager Julie Chipchase was delighted with her new signing. She said: " Amanda is one of the best strikers in the country and has proved she can score goals at every level. Amanda has a lot of experience of playing at the top level and that will help us as we look to challenge for trophies this season.

"Amanda has bags of pace, a great first touch, as well as being a natural finisher who has great awareness of what's happening around her. We had been looking for another striker since the end of last season when Kaz Walker retired, so Amanda will be a great asset to the team.

"I think we will see the best of her after she has had a few more games under her belt but even at training last week you could see she has a high fitness level. I am really looking forward to working with her."

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/PremierLeague/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/01/Barr_Joins_LeedsLadies.htm