Author Topic: Fara Williams  (Read 10015 times)

Offline xena

• View Profile
    • Everton Ladies Fans
Fara Williams
« on: January 12, 2007, 01:14:49 AM »
David I cannot believe you dont have Faz on here! She is one of THE best players to grace the English womens game.  Everton & England equivilant of Frank Lampard without the chubiness lol.

Xena xx

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 01:05:21 AM by xena »
Everton Ladies Fans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Sportlobster

"Once a blue, always a blue"

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fara Williams
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 09:37:04 AM »
Thanks for adding Faz Xena !

I started out the section by adding players with an official website and then sent a few messages on myspace asking if players minded me linking to their myspace profiles and added the ones who said yes....I didn't add anyone who didn't reply as I didn't want to post it without their permission...

Then I have been adding a few as and when there have been media stories about them such as the one on Eni Aluko the other day....I am sure I would have got around to Fara eventually but thanks for starting us off with some nice pics !

I will keep an eye out for any Faz news to bump the thread but I'm sure you'll have all the news before anyone else does !  :)

If you want to start a thread on anyone else please feel free !! Thats goes for all other members too who think there should be one on someone who's not got one so far....

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 01:19:17 PM »
Video clip of Fara's goal against France and the celebrations after :

http://www.kickchicks.co.uk/media/16/France_0_England_1/

Offline davec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 07:52:27 PM »
xenas right to say Fara is one of the best around, ive seen her play a number of times now and ive never seen her have a bad game, she's always been one of the best players on the park. and after turning 23 just yesterday she can only get better and better :)  im just thankful shes plays for Everton!
E.l.f.c through and through!

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 10:52:18 AM »
Heres some Faz pictures......

Faz fires in the first of the penalty kicks against Millwall in the Cup

Fara Williams Penalty against Leeds

Fara Williams turns away after sending a low shot past Sam Sharp in goal v Crystal Palace PL Cup.

Got this pic from Sundays game Faz looks like she stuck her finger in the ref, ha....

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 08:25:10 PM »
Fara comes out fighting

With the World Cup on the horizon, the build up for England is in full flow.

On the back of a successful China Cup tournament in January, the next batch of matches are already upon the team. Russia are the first hurdle for Hope Powell’s side, then on Sunday Scotland, with Holland waiting in the wings for the final test on Wednesday evening.

Everton’s Fara Williams knows what playing for her country is all about and will shortly be a key player for Powell’s team, not only for the next three fixtures, but when the World Cup rolls around in September.

"I’m excited," said Fara. "We’ve got a squad of 30 now. We’re all fighting for our places and no one is guaranteed a place to go to the World Cup. There is also a standby list of ten players, so I suppose there are 40 of us competing for the 21 that goes to China. Every game we can be involved in, we’ve got to do well to be selected for the final squad."

Williams has been in fine form for Everton this season and since the turn of the year has got herself amongst the goals. She scored another one at the weekend against Cardiff and still had energy to burn in the dying moments of the game.

"I’m pleased with the way I’ve been progressing recently," she said. "I have upped my training a bit and I’m finding it easier to last longer in games and do things late on in matches to make a difference. For me the training is going well and my performances are playing off that.

"I’m at a level of fitness were I know I can go into games and last. But I want to be able to do something in the last couple of minutes. So I need to get to that next level of fitness and I’ve upped my training because of it."

The games in the forthcoming week will prove a test for the squad - at least that’s what the Toffees midfielder thinks. No game will be taken lightly as she and her teammates want to get some forward momentum going.

"I’ve played a couple of times against Russia," Williams added. "They are a tough team to beat, which is why we have got them coming over here. It’s going to be difficult for us and its not going to be a pushover. Some may look at it thinking it will be an easy game, but definitely not.

"I remember going over the their place and we drew 2-2 and they came here and beat us 2-1. So it’s going to be difficult to get the result we need.

"Scotland have progressed loads and we know they are an up-and-coming team and they only lost 1-0 to Sweden last month. They won’t be easy either. Spectators may look at it feeling that they are ranked lower than us and thinking it will be easy. Definitely not, it’s going to be hard."

The build up to the big event in the Far East is crucial for the team, but games on the bounce, training every day and large squads is nothing new for the players, as Williams explains:

"We did it before the Euros. We were had ten games before that tournament and we won every one of them. That’s what we want to do this time before the World Cup. Hopefully we can build a good winning streak and take that form forward. If we get the competition we need from other teams, then that will be even better.

"We need good team performances. The manager will be looking at everyone so we need a team that will be able to compete in the games leading up to the World Cup. We need to get some experience together and go to the World Cup strong and for myself, I just want to stake a claim for the final group of 21."

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/EnglandSenior/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/03/FaraRussia.htm

Offline xena

• View Profile
    • Everton Ladies Fans
Five-star Williams heads nine-goal victory Apr 2 2007
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 08:38:25 PM »
Five-star Williams heads nine-goal victory Apr 2 2007

Women's Football by Paul Garrity, Liverpool Daily Post

FARA WILLIAMS scored five goals as Everton Ladies convincingly beat Fulham 9-0 on Sunday to consolidate their position in second place in the National Division.

Other scorers were Jody Handley (2), Emily Westwood and Nikki Harding.

Everton are still in pole position to claim runners-up spot, although their main rivals Charlton do have two games in hand.

Williams said: "We've realised it may come down to goal difference at the end of the season. So the more goals we get, we'll be in a better position at the end of the season.

"It's not bad for me to get five goals. I guess my fitness is improving and I'm able to get in the box and get the goals.

"I think personally this has been my best season since I've been at Everton."

Offline helly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 04:45:24 PM »
Fara fired up
By Stuart Mawhinney. Friday, 26 October 2007.

England v Belarus
UEFA Women's European Championship
Qualifying Round, Group One
12.30pm, Saturday 27 October 2007
Banks's Stadium, Walsall FC
Ticketing details click here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 26 Oct 2007     
VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Fara Williams pre-Belarus
As she prepares to face Belarus, Fara Williams says Euro 2009 can be a realistic target for England to be successful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fara Williams returns to action for England this weekend, having missed the World Cup quarter-final defeat to America, and is determined never to have to endure watching another game from the stands.

Williams was unfortunate to pick up yellow cards in England's group matches with Germany and Argentina, and that meant the Everton midfielder was forced to miss the last eight tie with USA in Tianjin.

"It was horrible," Williams told TheFA.com. "Watching it from the sidelines I've got no impact on what happens in the game.

"I've said my words to the girls before the game but once it starts I just had to leave it down to them and what they do out on the pitch.

"It was hard and frustrating from the stands, especially the first half as we did so well. The second half I think it was just a mad 15 minutes and the game was won.

"For me it was very disappointing not to play, and I found it hard to watch so I definitely don't want to go through that again."

With the focus now on the qualifying stages for the UEFA Women's European Championship in Finland in two years, Williams believes that England are improving all the time.

Two years ago the European Championship was held in England, with the hosts narrowly failing to qualify from a tough group that included Finland, Denmark and Sweden - but having made the quarter-finals in China Williams is confident they can keep improving all the way to Finland.

"In Euro 2005 we got knocked out at the group stage, and that was only against teams from Europe, so to get to the quarter-finals in a tournament with teams from all over the world is a huge progression.

"To get a draw with Germany was massive, Japan were ranked higher than us and we got a result against them as well, so that was good.

"America weren't that much better than us, it was just a 15 minute spell that won the game for them. So we can look ahead with confidence.

"We've come so far and we've got room to progress even more, so the European Championship is a realistic target for us to do well in."

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/EnglandSenior/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/10/EngBelarus_FaraWilliams.htm

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 01:50:00 AM »
Looking forward to seeing her and the game tomorrow, er, today.

I'd better get to bed now if I'm going to be able to get there  :)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 10:50:13 AM »
Toffees eye silverware
by Tony Leighton. Friday, 02 November 2007.

Everton  v Sunderland
The FA Tesco Women's Premier League Cup
Quarter-Final
2pm, Sunday 4 November 2007
Marine FC

Everton will be aiming to put themselves 90 minutes closer to completing their long quest for silverware when they entertain Sunderland in Sunday’s FA Tesco Women’s Premier League Cup quarter-final.

Not since winning the Premier League title in 1998 have the Toffees won a major honour, though in the last three years they have finished runners-up first in the FA Cup and then twice in succession in the Premier League.

Now they want to see the Everton name inscribed next to ‘winners’ on a trophy, and the League Cup – whose March final makes it the first of the three big domestic competitions to be decided – would do very nicely thank you.

Midfielder Fara Williams, fresh from helping England beat Belarus 4-0 in last Sunday’s Euro 2009 qualifier and Everton’s leading scorer this season, says: “We’ve set our targets for the season and winning a trophy is one of them.

“The players would love to win something for the club and after the disappointment of going out in the early rounds of both the FA and League Cups last year, it would be great to go all the way in one of them this season.”

On Sunday Everton will be expected to dispose of Sunderland, who since being relegated from the National Division at the end of last season have lost England internationals Steph Houghton and Carly Telford to Leeds United.

The Black Cats are the only side from outside the top flight who remain in the League Cup and will arrive on Merseyside as rank outsiders. But they have won their last four League and Cup games and Williams insists: “It will be a tough game.

“We’ll be favourites, I accept that, but Sunderland have always given us a hard time and they’re doing well in the Northern Division, so although they might be classed as underdogs they won’t be short on confidence.

“We’ll have to be totally focused. Yes, we’re desperate to win a trophy after being runners-up so often in the last few seasons – but before we can start thinking seriously about getting to the League Cup final we’ve got to get past a good side on Sunday.”

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/EnglandSenior/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/11/FAWPLC_ToffeesEyeSilverware.htm

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 09:35:32 PM »
Well lets hope they can at least make the semis....

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 09:30:27 PM »
Genuine signed England shirt from the Womens World Cup China 2007...worn by Everton and England Centre Midfielder Fara Williams.

Also includes a signed postcard and sticker. (The ones pictured will be the ones sent and they will be signed) and the shirt can be personalised with a message if required.

Fara Williams World Cup Shirt

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 09:38:25 PM »
Current bid £1.  :D Although I presume it is early days yet.

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 10:44:12 AM »
I'm surprised Xena hasn't put a bit in for it yet, maybe that's why she's selling her Arsenal shirt so that she can raise some cash for it....

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 08:19:38 PM »
Currently at £112 with seven days to go....

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 11:41:07 PM »
Currently at £112 with seven days to go....

Thats not bad, they seem to be the same people who put up Unitt's shirts.  I think they must be running a consortium, ha....

shlj

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 05:44:45 PM »
Good value, I am just waiting for a genuine Davison or Larkin shirt to come on the market...

shlj

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 09:42:59 AM »
225 pounds now   :o

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
The winning bid was £240 which wasn't too bad really...

Offline xena

• View Profile
    • Everton Ladies Fans
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 01:17:15 AM »
I'm surprised Xena hasn't put a bit in for it yet, maybe that's why she's selling her Arsenal shirt so that she can raise some cash for it....

I have two match worn Fara England shirts and I would never part with them!!  One is the France game, when we qualified for the world cup. I only sold my Arsenal one coz I had a couple and I am an Everton fan anyway lol

J xx