Author Topic: England Under-19  (Read 84255 times)

shlj

Re: England Under-19
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2008, 10:32:29 PM »
Here are the dates and venue for England group games :

Mon 07/07

Gr. B AVOINE Stade Marcel Vignaud 16h00 ALLEMAGNE ANGLETERRE -

http://www.viamichelin.fr/viamichelin/fra/dyn/controller/Cartes?strCountry=1424&strAddress=rue+du+neman+&strMerged=37420+Avoine&x=0&y=0&ie=UTF-8

Thu 10/07

Gr. B AVOINE Stade Marcel Vignaud 16h00 ECOSSE ANGLETERRE -

Sunday 13/07
Gr. B SAINT-CYR-SUR-LOIRE Complexe Sportif Guy Drut 16h00 ANGLETERRE SUEDE -

16/07 SEMI6INAL

BLOIS Stade des Allées Jean Leroi 15h30 -
TOURS Stade de la Vallée du Cher 17h45

19/07
FINALE

Samedi 19 juillet 2008
TOURS Stade de la Vallée du Cher 18h45 FINALISTE 1 FINALISTE 2 -

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 11:29:11 PM »
Merci ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

shlj

Squad for Euro 2008
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 11:14:31 AM »
Rebecca SPENCER Arsenal
Ashlee BAKER University of Georgia
Sophie BRADLEY Leeds United
Brooke CHAPLEN Portsmouth
Toni DUGGAN Everton
Gilly FLAHERTY Arsenal
Elizabeth EDWARDS Chelsea
Jody JACOBS Chelsea
Michelle HINNIGAN Everton
Chelsea WESTON Birmingham City
Jessica CLARKE Leeds United
Claire RAFFERTY Chelsea
Jade MOORE Leeds United
Ellen WHITE Chelsea
Remi ALLEN Leicester City
Georgie GIDDINGS Chelsea
Jordan NOBBS Sunderland
Sophie Walton Leeds United

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/EnglandU19/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2008/06/U19_ECFinals.htm

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 11:23:01 PM »
Nice to see a couple of Arsenal players get in - maybe they'll even play a bit for Arsenal too ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2008, 08:49:06 PM »
England accept exalted status

Thursday 3 July 2008
by Matthew Spiro from Blois

England took many by surprise at last year's UEFA European Women's Under-19 Championship in Iceland, beating France, Spain and Norway on the way to their first final before eventually succumbing to Germany after extra time.

'Unknown package'
Twelve months on, they are anything but dark horses, with many placing them among the favourites to prevail in France. Manager Mo Marley believes England's sudden notoriety will make their task more difficult though. "It's hard to predict how we'll do," Marley told uefa.com. "Last year we were an unknown package but I think people will pay more attention to us this year. When you've just got to a final your opponents do more research on you. We're just delighted to have qualified for a second year running as that shows we're progressing. Our aim is always to do better than the previous year – although that's going to be a pretty tall order."

Solid defending
England's 2006/07 campaign was founded on sound organisation and solid defending and there are no signs that the current side is any less frugal. After defeating the Faroe Islands 7-1 in their opening qualifying match, England kept clean sheets in their five remaining games. "We base our game on a solid defence," said Marley, who in her club role managed Everton LFC to a 2008 English League Cup final victory against Arsenal LFC. "That was our strength last year and hopefully it will be again." Yet the back four is likely to be severely tested from the start in the Loire Valley. England are in Group B alongside Germany, Sweden and Scotland and open against the defending champions in Avoine on 7 July. "You always have an idea of how well you'll do after the first game," Marley mused". If it goes well the team gets belief, but if it goes badly you might feel a bit disillusioned.

Experience
"We've got some very young players – girls who could be playing in the U17s – and we've also got about half of the squad from last year. It's hard to find the balance, but hopefully this group will mix together nicely," the former England defender, 41, continued. That experience could prove vital against a Germany side that is likely to have only three survivors from last year, but Marley warned: "It can work for you and against you. The girls who played last year have that experience but they may be disappointed not to have moved up a level. The new ones bring their enthusiasm but don't yet have the experience of playing in major finals."

'Exceptional standard'
The size of England's task was highlighted at a warm-up tournament in La Manga, Spain in March, with narrow defeats by Italy and Sweden followed by victory against Norway. "The standard of football was exceptional and reminded us of just how tough the competition is," Marley said. "When we were doing our analysis on opponents, we were thinking, 'Wow, this is a really tough group'. It will be same again this summer so hopefully the experience will stand us in good stead."

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/wunder19/news/kind=1/newsid=729611.html

shlj

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »
England starts their tournament today with a tough test against Germany.
There are a few players who are regulars in the Premier League who should lead the team.
I don't know if this generation is as good as the previous one.

shlj

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2008, 06:09:14 PM »
Germany 2 England 0

In the other group game Sweden 2 Scotland 1

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Alltid. Uansett.

shlj

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 12:03:27 PM »
This team looks less experienced than the previous one that boasted lots of player with premier league players
Same result as in last year's final.
The next game is already a life or death situation with the loser going back to Britain.

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »
Score updates on fg news page....come on England, looking good.

Offline pat51

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
England 3 Scotland 1.....

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2008, 12:48:00 AM »
In the must-win clash between England and Scotland at the UEFA U19 Championship finals, Jordan Nobbs headed Mo Marley's side into a 4th minute lead from Jess Clarke's cross. Christie Murray levelled inside 2 minutes for the Scots, following up after Ruesha Littlejohn hit the crossbar.

But deep into first-half stoppage time, Toni Duggan beat keeper Rachel Harrison from the edge of the box.

Duggan gave England breathing space with her second on 74 minutes, with a simple finish after Brooke Chaplen's strike was fumbled. A 3-1 sets England up for a crucial last group match against Sweden.

From fgmag.com
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 12:50:19 AM by twmcat »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »
There's a preview of Sunday's match on http://www.uefa.com/competitions/wunder19/news/kind=1/newsid=731938.html
looked at from the Swedish side.
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2008, 05:02:32 PM »
England drew 1-1 with Sweden, I guess this means they're out as sweden and germany have more points than them?

shlj

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2008, 05:32:58 PM »
Yes, this generation had less experience than the previous one that loads of premier league players in their rank.

Offline Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2008, 11:16:29 AM »
They did well to draw with Sweden then I guess?

I've found the semis and final on eurosport, shame I won't be watching england  :(

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2008, 10:30:51 AM »
Yes it's a shame but Norway are a good second choice to support - only problem is they are being offered up to Germany in the semis  :)
Alltid. Uansett.

shlj

England U19 Training Camp Squad
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2009, 03:46:17 PM »
Mo Marley (pictured) has selected her England U19 squad of 30 players for a training camp in Preston from February 15th-19th.

It will be the first time the U19s have been together since September, and the camp will help Marley select her squad for the upcoming La Manga tournament in March.

England Women’s Under 19 Squad
Remi Allen - Leicester City WFC
Ashley Baker - University of Georgia
Helen Bleazard - Keynsham Town
Gemma Bonner - Leeds Canegie
Lucy Bronze - Sunderland
Naomi Chadwick - Doncaster Rovers Belles
Isobel Christiansen - Everton
Lauren Cresswell - Nottingham Forest
Lauren Davey - Watford
Toni Duggan - Everton
Gilly Flaherty - Arsenal
Chloe Foster - Birmingham City
Georgina Giddings - Chelsea
Kerys Harrop - Birmingham City
Michelle Hinnigan - Everton
Jodie Jacobs - Chelsea
Stephanie Marsh - Everton
Jessica Moore - Liverpool
Jade Moore - Leeds Carnegie
Jordan Nobbs - Sunderland
Katie Owen - Watford
Rachel Pitman - Arsenal
Abbie Prosser - Arsenal
Chloe Roberts - Plymouth Argyle
Rebecca Spencer - Arsenal
Demi Stokes - Sunderland
Olivia Thackray - Leeds Carnegie
Chelsea Weston - Doncaster Rovers Belles
Sophie Williams - Sunderland
Sarah Wiltshire - Watford

http://www.fgmag.com/news/index.php?newsmode=FULL&nid=5910

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 11:10:22 PM »
I'm sure that Preston in the next few days will acclimatise the players ok  :D

shlj

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »
I think Mo Marley has chosen the squad for the U19 second qualifying round in Hungary.
Just need to wait for the squad confirmation on the FA.com or fair game.
England is in group 6 and will play Hungary 23/04 Spain 25/04 and Finland 28/04. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:08:27 PM by shlj »