Author Topic: England Under-23  (Read 66241 times)

Offline Rach_83

• View Profile
Re: England Under-23
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2009, 03:08:38 PM »
B'ham have changed their fixture for 1st Feb. to their county cup game (that should have taken place yesterday) so no worries about Hall and Bird been away, shouldn't need them for that match. So the Arsenal game goes into the fixtures to be arranged.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2009, 10:47:55 PM »
B'ham have changed their fixture for 1st Feb. to their county cup game (that should have taken place yesterday) so no worries about Hall and Bird been away, shouldn't need them for that match. So the Arsenal game goes into the fixtures to be arranged.
Birmingham v Arsenal now due to be played on Thurs Jan 29th at 7.45.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/ladies-news/birmingham-city-ladies-v-arsenal-postponed
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »
when do the under 23s go to la manga?  If anyone's going can we have some feedback.  The FA dont seem to put anything on their website.

shlj

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2009, 03:08:31 PM »
They are flying Saturday I think as they are listed on la manga website from 31/01 to 07/02

Offline dowiefan

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2009, 03:28:52 PM »
must b flying sat.... as tats said she b away sunday game

shlj

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2009, 04:00:17 PM »

shlj

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2009, 03:17:22 PM »
I have just noticed Steph Houghton was called up for La Manga and Cyprus with the seniors.
So Brent Hills must have called up another defender because as far I see there are 2 goalies
3 defenders 4 midfielders 7 wingers and 1 center forward.

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2009, 03:49:52 PM »
Remember that some girls can play in more than one position.  Dunia Susi can be winger, defender, midfielder.  Sophie Perry has played as a striker.

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2009, 03:57:59 PM »
shlj - enjoy the trip and the game(s). Looks like you'll miss the icy blast we've been promised too!  ;D

shlj

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2009, 04:08:02 PM »
 Postponed game are on the way again then.
Forecast is rain and between 7 to 14 degrees   :(

Remember that some girls can play in more than one position.  Dunia Susi can be winger, defender, midfielder.  Sophie Perry has played as a striker.
At least, this will be an attacking team. This squad is exactly the opposite kind of the one that went to Chile that had only like three attacking options on the bench.

shlj

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2009, 11:52:30 AM »
Oh well, it's raining cats and dog in La Manga, it is a nice resort. I understand why so many team come here to train.

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2009, 07:51:08 PM »
Looks like Hall Bird Dowie Susi (and any other chelsea players) played today so they must be joining the U23s after their games.  Hope the matches are played in la manga maybe the weather will dry up.

shlj

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2009, 10:34:42 PM »
The pitches are good, I have taken loads of picture but don't have my cable to download them now. I know Kim Dixon is there cs she recongnized me when their bus went past me ;)

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2009, 12:35:22 AM »
Just as well you're not hurrying back for Arsenal v Cardiff at Emirates, as it's off.

Here's what you're missing:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/emirates-stadium-in-the-snow
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2009, 12:36:02 AM »
The match was a 2-0 win to England, both goals by Jess Clark in the first half.  Identical set-pieces five minutes apart.  More from the Norwegian FA on:
http://womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,4535.0.html
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2009, 07:32:01 AM »
A win for the U23s.  It looks as though clarke has made her mark now and will gain a place in the senior training squad.  I presume she played on one of the wings.  So this will leave bird, davison and susi out of the selection for seniors now.  Possibly this year being their lst appearances for international side.  Im not sure how old they are.  Can they all play right and left wing, I know susi can play defence and midfield as well as wing.  Anyone know if it was a defensive or attacking side, potentially attacking, but England emphasise defensive play/

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2009, 10:42:21 PM »
I missed the game as they delayed it to 2100 and my flight was at 2120.
Actually it ended up cancelled. :o
Your flight was cancelled?  :o
You do get bad luck with your travels mate - I'd stay put if I were you ;)

Hope you weren't rushing back to watch Arsenal v Cardiff  :D

shlj

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2009, 10:46:32 PM »
I am very frustrated to be honest you travel abroad to see a game and they change the timing...
my flight got cancelled and they offered alicante on thur or back on saturday from murcia...
the only england player I saw were the Leeds girls, Kim Dixon and also Gem and Jess in the street

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »
I am very frustrated to be honest you travel abroad to see a game and they change the timing...
my flight got cancelled and they offered alicante on thur or back on saturday from murcia...
the only england player I saw were the Leeds girls, Kim Dixon and also Gem and Jess in the street
You still there then?  :o

Try and get back for game at Spurs (if you've got a ticket) - you might get to see Arshavin ;)

shlj

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2009, 11:08:30 PM »
nah otherwise I would have been sacked from work probably , I made it via dublin and london city.