Author Topic: Eniola Aluko  (Read 21006 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Eniola Aluko
« on: January 10, 2007, 12:39:38 PM »
This is an article about Eni from the Independent on Christmas Eve. I am not aware of her having a website or myspace or anything similar so this seems like a nice way to start a thread :)

Eniola helps England qualify for the World Cup - and passes other stiff examinations

It was the decorative paper parasols which gave away the theme of the evening as celebrations got under way at the Football Association's Soho Square headquarters last week. China is the destination, the Women's World Cup next September is the occasion and England, glory be, have qualified for the first time in 12 years.

That qualification came two- and-a-half months ago, when a 1-1 draw with the favourites, France, in Rennes ensured England would finish top of Group Five, unbeaten in eight matches having scored 29 goals and conceded two. The Soho Square party, attended by the chief executive, Brian Barwick, and other top FA officials, provided the opportunity to offer belated congratulations and early good wishes for the England squad, who leave for China next month to participate in a four-nation warm-up event.

As Barwick pointed out: "It has been a phenomenal year for the England women's team", an opinion backed by their coach, Hope Powell. "The players have been absolutely fantastic," she said, while adding: "Qualifying for the World Cup is not enough. We want to make an impact come September."

Next month's warm-up trip offers the chance to make that impact, since the opponents are the hosts plus the world's second ranked country, the United States, and the world champions, Germany, who thrashed England 5-1 in a friendly in October. It is difficult to think of a tougher assignment, but it is one welcomed by England's 19-year-old striker Eniola Aluko.

Eniola, a second-year law student at Brunel University whose two goals won the 2006 Cup final for Charlton Ladies against Arsenal, is convinced England will do better on both China trips than many think. "There is a fantastic work ethic throughout the team, and qualifying was testament to that hard work, so if anyone is writing us off or thinking we are just going to make up the numbers I am sure they will be surprised," she said, juggling a glass of white wine and a plate of snacks.

This daughter of the former Brentford and Nigerian international footballer Daniel Aluko, who is now a leading politician back in his homeland, is the essence of England's new exuberance. "Football is actually in my blood, something that was destined to happen," she claims. "Because of my dad it was kind of inevitable that his children would be good at it too."

Her younger brother, Sone, is on Birmingham City's books and has played for England Under-17s, while Eniola joined Birmingham's women's team at 17, the year she won her first full England cap after spells in the Under-19 and Under-21 squads. The fact that she was Young Player of the Year in 2003 made the move to a bigger club inevitable, and she is now in her third season with Charlton.

The combination of study and sport ensures, she says, "there is never a dull moment for me". It was not dull at the European Championships in England last year, when Eniola went to train with England in the morning, sat her history A-level examination by special arrangement at a Blackburn college at lunchtime and was rushed by car to play against Denmark at Ewood Park that same evening. "Quite a pressure time," was Eniola's verdict. "Euro 2005 was my first major tournament and they were also my first big exams."

There has been little easing up since then for the girl who once worked in a shoe shop to help fund her education. "There are a lot of other 19-year-olds at university who study and get drunk every night, but my life is quite different." Apart from rest days on Monday and Saturday, and playing on Sunday, she adds weights and aerobic workouts to skills training every day and studies in the evening. "So it's quite an organised, disciplined life I lead. But I would much rather have that than not knowing where I am going." Where she hopes to go after university and football is to a career as a sports solicitor.

Then there is the prospect of her first - and then second - visit to China. "I am one who really admires other cultures and different places. I have been lucky enough to travel a lot, whether through football or with my family, but China is somewhere I have always wanted to go."

Eniola is frank about her skills and perceived shortcomings. "My speed is an asset and my goals-to-game ratio is getting better. I think I also have good passing ability, something a striker doesn't always have, but I take pride in setting other people up as well. One thing I need to work on is my heading, though I have quite a spring on me.

"I am also getting stronger through my conditioning work, because women's football is a physical game. When you've got pace like me, they just want to chop you down, but that's something I'm prepared for."

As for the women's game making more of an impact, Eniola feels much depends on how well England fare at the World Cup from 10-30 September next year. "We have done so well to qualify, it looks like a bright future. There is a national resonance, a pride, that comes with a World Cup, and I am sure every person will be keen to see how we get on."

Just how keen will be shown if our women do well. Should that happen, champagne bottles will be opening up along with the paper parasols.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/news/article2099939.ece

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
Re: Eniola Aluko
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 07:24:50 PM »
Not much on our Eni lately on this site, but the F.A. have just interviewed her prior to the three upcoming internationals.

05 March 2007 
Eniola Aluko Interview - Eni looks ahead to the trio of warm up games with Russia, Scotland and Holland in preparation for the World Cup.

Eniola Aluko is relishing being part of an England team widely recognised as 'underdogs' for this year's Women's World Cup in China.

Hope Powell's side is coming off the back of an impressive four-team tournament in China earlier this year, in which they earned draws against the world's top teams - Germany and USA.

So the young striker insists the squad is high on confidence going into a gruelling series of friendlies this month, when England take on Russia, Scotland and Holland in the space of a week.

First up is Russia at Milton Keynes' National Hockey Stadium on March 8, with the Three Lions hoping to avenge a 2-1 defeat against the same opposition in August 2004.

Aluko said: "We're very confident, and we're dark horses to do something special at the World Cup.

"I think the recent tournament in China showed we're not a team to just make up the numbers - we're going to go there and compete.

"But we're not getting carried away and the attitude is to take the upcoming friendlies very seriously against good opposition, so I'm sure we'll get a lot out of those games.

"I think it's great that we're replicating tournament football with three games in the space of a week because it will hold us in good stead for September.

"We'll be looking to show in the Russia game how far we have come since the defeat against them in 2004."

Eniola was speaking at Bushfield Primary School in Milton Keynes, where she took part in a Q&A session with Year 6 pupils.

And she was delighted to provide inspiration for some young hopefuls looking to follow in her footsteps and represent their country at the sport they love.

Aluko added: "It's always nice to feel as though you're an example to people, especially kids who are playing football and want to do well.

"I asked some of them how far they wanted to get in football, and a lot of them said they wanted to play for England.

"I'm in a position where I am playing for England, so to inspire them to do the same is really important to me."

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/EnglandSenior/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/03/EniolaAluko.htm
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:01:50 AM by redrobin »

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »
Charlton site item picking up on Eni's interview prior to tonight's England-Russia game.

We're not making up the numbers - Aluko

England women continue their build up for the World Cup later this year with three friendlies in a week - and Charlton's striking sensation Eniola Aluko is tipping her side to be the surprise package in the Far East.

Aluko, who has joined up with Hope Powell's squad for matches against Russia, Scotland and the Netherlands, says the rapidfire format over the next week will stand her side in good stead ahead of their trip to China.

England host Russia at The National Hockey Stadium, home of MK Dons FC, on Thursday (7.45pm) before Scotland come south of the border to provide the second opposition at Wycombe Wanderers FC (12.30pm) three days later.

The schedule concludes on March 15th when England play host to the Dutch under the lights at Swindon Town's County Ground (7.45pm).

Aluko, Charlton's top scorer this season with 18 goals from 18 games, said: "I think the recent tournament in China showed we're not a team to just make up the numbers - we're going to go there and compete."

England drew against heavyweights Germany and the United States in the friendly competition, and were only narrowly defeated by the hosts as the squad gained a feel of what the World Cup will be like in September.

Eni added: "But we're not getting carried away and the attitude is to take the upcoming friendlies very seriously against good opposition, so I'm sure we'll get a lot out of those games.

"I think it's great that we're replicating tournament football with three games in the space of a week because it will hold us in good stead for September.

"We'll be looking to show in the Russia game how far we have come since the defeat against them in 2004."

Aluko is one of four Charlton players in the squad, alongside midfielders Katie Holtham and Josanne Potter, the former who has once more been promoted to the senior squad and the latter who returns for the first time after a long-term ankle injury. Also included is Addicks skipper Casey Stoney.

http://shop.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=30513

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 11:23:06 PM »
Faye White comments on our Eni prior to the F.A. Cup Final on Monday.

Eniola Aluko

"She is the obvious danger. She has lightning pace and is good in front of goal, and it's important that we deny her space to run into. Eni is an England international now and is probably the first-choice striker. She can terrorise international defences and she's a good finisher, so she won't be fazed by the occasion. In fact she scored twice in the League Cup Final against us last year so we know she can perform in the big games. Charlton are maybe not as strong this season so her role has changed slightly, she is now involved in a lot of build-up play. She is creative as well as prolific."

Faye's a pretty solid scout on the basis of this summary. Eniola's great strength to the Charlton team is not just the goals - it's the work she now puts in to create the chances for others and to retain possession. She's not the tallest forward around and by her own admission she's not a great header yet, so playing her as a lone striker won't work for her or her team, whether it be club or country.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=news&article=464912&cpid=827&title=Faye+White%27s+Cup+Final+players+to+watch

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 08:09:25 PM »
Aluko aims to emulate Arsenal

Charlton women's team striker Eniola Aluko insisted the Addicks could still match quadruple winners Arsenal next season following their 4-1 FA Cup final defeat on Monday.

The England international proved a constant thorn in the side of the Gunners, her driving run into the area creating the goal that gave Charlton a shock second-minute lead.

But Arsenal ultimately proved too strong and Aluko pinpointed two goals conceded from set pieces as among the turning points.

"I think we matched them in the first half in terms of outfield play, but the set pieces cost us dearly," she said.

Kelly Smith found the top corner from long range to put the Gunners back in the game after Katie Holtham had struck for Charlton, and then Jayne Ludlow converted a low Lianne Sanderson cross from a free-kick.

"After we went 1-0 up it was a case of relaxing," added Aluko. "We're not used to going 1-0 up so early against a team like Arsenal and we need to get better at that.

"I think we can be proud of the way we played, especially after the results in the league. We believe we could have won but it's just a shame we didn't."

With just seconds to go until half-time it looked as though the Addicks would be able to regroup and then really attack the second period, only for Ludlow's long-range strike to suddenly give Arsenal a two-goal lead.

"Their third goal just before half-time killed us," said Eni. "At 2-1 we were still in the game. At half-time we were just focused on scoring again but unfortunately it wasn't the case."

Aluko herself had the best chance of the second half. A defence-splitting pass from Danielle Murphy sent the forward clear through the centre, but her shot from the edge of the area was beaten away by the legs of Arsenal's Republic of Ireland international goalkeeper Emma Byrne.

"I'm disappointed with not scoring but that's the way it goes," said Aluko, who scored the winning goal in the 2005 FA Cup final.

"One thing about Charlton is that we always believe. We have a bit of grit about us and we will go again next season and learn from the mistakes we made this season.

"It's very hard to play against Arsenal. They have some top, top players and that's in the world not just in this country.

"They are the benchmark and everybody needs to be looking to be at that standard, and also, in the wider female game, more teams need to have the mentality that they can beat Arsenal."

http://shop.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=30838

As a nervous fan, I can't quite match Eni's level of confidence while the current gap in club resources remains but what she says is right if the league and possibly English football is going to progress.

shlj

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 09:22:06 PM »
I think she might be right next season because Arsenal's players will be knackered after the world cup.

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 01:31:41 PM »
Latest edition of Fair Game (Issue 24) has a good F.A. Cup final preview with some great tongue-in-cheek introductions to the Arsenal and Charlton squads by Emma Byrne and Karen Hills. To quote F.G. "both top players are as mad as hatters, in a nice way, obviously"  Can't see any weblinks to the intros. but several of them are worth a post in their own right. 

On Eni, Karen says:

"An outstanding forward who can create goals out of nothing. She has lightning pace - when she can stay on her feet.  Despite being a brain box (studying to be a lawyer), she has no common sense whatsoever!
Here are two classic Eni-isms: "Does broccoli grow on trees?" and "Does the Queen run the F.A?"

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 10:08:01 PM »

...her role has changed slightly, she is now involved in a lot of build-up play. She is creative as well as prolific."

Faye's a pretty solid scout on the basis of this summary. Eniola's great strength to the Charlton team is not just the goals - it's the work she now puts in to create the chances for others and to retain possession.

From an article about Eni from the Independent on Christmas Eve.

Eniola is frank about her skills and perceived shortcomings. "My speed is an asset and my goals-to-game ratio is getting better. I think I also have good passing ability, something a striker doesn't always have, but I take pride in setting other people up as well. One thing I need to work on is my heading, though I have quite a spring on me."

Eni is top scorer again for the Addicks this season with 26 League and Cup goals with one game to go. Just as impressive, more so in my opinion, is that if you look at match reports and do the American statistical thing, she has 14 assists - top of the list again. Just about the ideal strike partner.

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 10:32:42 PM »
One classy young lady. Great striker when I first saw her, and now she's a great worker and a great provider too. OK she misses a few but she makes a bundle for others.  Hope she has a great career at Police Headquarters as well as in the England shirt. She helped give the Addicks fans three great years, scoring all three of our winning F.A. Cup and League Cup Final goals.

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 09:17:40 PM »
The FA have announced an exciting line up of eleven 'Football For All Ambassadors' who share our determination to break down the barriers that still exist in football.

A number of those involved met at Soho Square on Thursday afternoon to discuss their aspirations in the months ahead, and it was clear that everyone was determined to make a difference.

Among those who met with FA Director of Corporate Affairs Simon Johnson, Director of Football Development Sir Trevor Brooking and Equality Manager Lucy Faulkner, was England Women's international Eniola Aluko and the 20-year-old striker revealed her pride at being involved in the initiative.

"I feel so privileged to have this opportunity, to be a role model to young girls is something that at my age is very special," Eni revealed.

"Growing up I wasn't really aware of women's football until I was a little older and I was lucky to be involved when I got the chance, but hopefully now we bring it to girls' attention a lot sooner and get more and more playing the game.

"When I wanted to play football I didn't see any obstacles to my dreams, but I know that isn't the case for every young girl and that's why I'm here.

"I will do everything I can to help as many young girls have that same outlook, to be able to look forward to what they want to do without seeing obstacles in their way."
http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Equality/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/07/Ambassadors.htm

Ambassador Eni, eh!

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 06:03:41 PM »
Student of the game
BY Danielle Weekes   

Eniola Aluko, 20, is a striker with England senior team and Chelsea.

She sat her A-levels while playing for England at Euro 2005 and is currently studying to be a lawyer. She will travel to the World Cup in China this month. Here she gives her view on how her sport is progressing.

"Women's football is still quite a young sport and it's growing quickly — it's the fastest growing sport in Britain at the moment. But, because it has only being going in earnest for about 10 years, it means that the women's league doesn't have the exposure and the attendance numbers that men's football games do.

"So, while most men's football clubs, even in the lower leagues, get revenue from broadcasting rights, many women's teams don't have that luxury.

"A footballer in a Premier League side can earn up to £100,000 a week, but most female footballers get £70 a week, maybe £1,000 a month if they are on the national team.

dropped

"Many of us hold down full-time jobs or are studying, even with our punishing training schedules.

"Recently Charlton Athletic, where I used to play, disbanded its female football team after they got relegated from the Premiership. It was their way of cutting costs and the board didn't see it fit to notify us directly.

"Things are getting better though. The Football Associa-tion has increased its marketing of the women's game, which will go a long way towards increasing our fan base and attract more girls to the game.

"Our World Cup games will be aired on the BBC. We have incredible talent coming into the sport and, hopefully, when we go to China, the public will recognize how exciting women's football can be as they are doing in countries like Germany and Sweden."

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=11912

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 07:56:18 PM »
Aluko's belief
By Stuart Mawhinney in Tianjin. Thursday, 20 September 2007.
19 Sep 2007     

USA v England
World Cup 2007, Quarter Final
1pm (BST), Saturday 23 September 2007
Tianjin Olympic Centre, Tianjin
Live on BBC1

England striker Eniola Aluko says that everyone in the squad believes they are capable of making it through to the World Cup semi finals, despite the prospect of world number one USA in their path.

Having earned a hugely impressive draw with reigning champions Germany, the Three Lions scored six past Argentina to make it to the last eight and those results have bred confidence throughout the squad.

Aluko told TheFA.com: "The spirit in the team is fantastic, you can taste the confidence.

"I think now it's like 'Bring it on', obviously we have USA in the quarter finals and everyone is raring to go.

"It's great to be here knowing that we're going into a quarter final with everyone watching back home. This is what we all dream about, I think we have to pinch ourselves sometimes and say 'Wow, we're actually here'.

"This was our goal, to play the biggest teams in the world, and that's what we're going to do on Saturday and I just hope we do ourselves proud, and I believe we can win the game."

Looking back on the previous two performances, Aluko was pleased with both displays.

"Germany are the World Champions and we performed so well we could even have won the game," Aluko explained.

"On Monday it was a fantastic performance. We knew that we couldn't go into the game complacent irrespective of the fact that Argentina lost 11-0 to Germany - that wasn't the point, every game is different.

"We went into it with a professional attitude and got the result we wanted, and we were quite ruthless really."

http://www.thefa.com/WorldCup2007/EnglandNews/Postings/2007/09/USA_AlukoPreview.htm

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 04:20:09 PM »
Eni's question time
Monday, 22 October 2007.

England v Belarus
UEFA Women's European Championship
Qualifying Round, Group One
12.30pm, Saturday 27 October 2007
Banks's Stadium, Walsall FC

England striker Eniola Aluko went back to school at the end of last week, as she looked ahead to Saturday's Euro 2009 qualifier against Belarus.

Now in the third year of a Law Degree, Eni was a perfect role model to the class of young girls at Little Sutton Primary School in Sutton Coldfield, as she took questions on a wide range of subjects in the company of local media too.

After the classroom session, Eni took part in a coaching session outside organised by the Birmingham FA Football Development team - resulting in some damage to her shoes - before sitting down to have her photo taken and penning some autographs.

After the highs and lows of the World Cup in China, The Three Lions re-start their qualification attempts for the UEFA 2009 European Championship in Finland, and Eni knows that it won't be easy.

"We've had a chance to re-charge the batteries and we know now that after the World Cup, we'll be seen as a scalp" she told TheFA.com.

"After surpassing many peoples expectations in reaching the quarter finals it's been a nice feeling to have so many different people interested in when we're next playing.

"I moved flat last week and my Landlord was really happy that he had an England player as a tenant, and then last week a Security Guard in Uxbridge town centre wanted my autograph!

"It's nice for all of us to feel our efforts being recognised, but now we have to get back to matters on the pitch.

"It may be in these next two games that we'll have to be patient, as teams may come to try and get a draw and put players behind the ball, but for the Coaches and the players, new challenges are what spur you on, and hopefully we'll have a big crowd to cheer us on."

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/EnglandSenior/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/10/Enis_question_time.htm

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 11:46:48 AM »
Aluko returns to Addicks
by Tony Leighton
Friday, 14 March 2008.

Charlton Athletic v Chelsea
The FA Tesco Women's Premier League
Sunday 16 March 2008
Gravesend & Northfleet FC

Chelsea and England striker Eniola Aluko is aiming to kick-start her disrupted club season with a goalscoring return to her former team Charlton Athletic on Sunday.

Since leaving the Addicks to join Chelsea last summer, Aluko has had a number of interruptions to her new side’s FA Tesco Women’s Premier League campaign.

Along with her England colleagues she was forced to make a late start due to playing in September’s World Cup finals, since when the 21 year-old striker has missed a number of matches through injury and suspension.

Studying for a law degree has also affected her football, most recently when she had to withdraw from the squad for England’s Euro 2009 qualifier against Northern Ireland.

Sunday’s game will in fact be Aluko’s first Chelsea outing for eight weeks – and she can’t wait to get back into action.

“It’s been a frustrating season in many ways,” she says. “It was difficult to start with, not just for me but the other England girls as well, to re-focus on domestic football after the World Cup.

“Then I got injured playing for England against Spain in November, and in January I got suspended after being sent off against Middlesbrough in the FA Cup.

“Added to all that I’ve been studying for my finals at University, and when I got so busy with my dissertation I had to pull out of the England squad earlier this month.

“I have been anxious about missing so many games, but hopefully now I’ll get a clear run to the end of the season and I can help Chelsea to string together some good results and help England get closer to qualification for Euro 2009.”

Aluko is back in the national squad for next week’s Euro qualifier against the Czech Republic at Doncaster, meanwhile she is determined to make an impact on her return to match action at Charlton.

“I’m really happy to be getting back to playing,” she says, “but it will be strange going back to Charlton – the club is not the same one that I played for after they had to re-form last summer, but although I still feel very sad about what happened I wish them all the very best for the future.

“I’m sure they’ll bounce back after this very difficult season for them, but on Sunday there’ll be no emotion – I’ll be going all out to take three points off them.

“Our own season at Chelsea hasn’t gone as well as we’d have liked, but we’ve got seven games left and we can still finish in the top four or five if we get the results we want – starting at Charlton!

http://www.thefa.com/Womens/PremierLeague/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2008/03/FAWPL_EniolaCharltonPreview.htm

Nice to see the F.A. helping to promote their own Premier League by sending the Chelsea team and their supporters to Gravesend - we could do with the three points when they don't turn up at Dartford!!!

shlj

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 06:02:56 PM »

...her role has changed slightly, she is now involved in a lot of build-up play. She is creative as well as prolific."

Faye's a pretty solid scout on the basis of this summary. Eniola's great strength to the Charlton team is not just the goals - it's the work she now puts in to create the chances for others and to retain possession.

From an article about Eni from the Independent on Christmas Eve.

Eniola is frank about her skills and perceived shortcomings. "My speed is an asset and my goals-to-game ratio is getting better. I think I also have good passing ability, something a striker doesn't always have, but I take pride in setting other people up as well. One thing I need to work on is my heading, though I have quite a spring on me."

Eni is top scorer again for the Addicks this season with 26 League and Cup goals with one game to go. Just as impressive, more so in my opinion, is that if you look at match reports and do the American statistical thing, she has 14 assists - top of the list again. Just about the ideal strike partner.

I think she is an excellent passer and that side of her game is underappreciated, because people focus more on goalscoring chart and goal to chance ratio as she is a center forward. With her pace and passing skills she could be a superb winger?

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »
Reckon she's going to be a good strike force with Lianne Sanderson next season then?

Hope Powell never seemes to like them together in the England team  :-\
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

shlj

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 03:02:46 AM »
Reckon she's going to be a good strike force with Lianne Sanderson next season then?

Hope Powell never seemes to like them together in the England team  :-\
I think it will work well as their game complement each other.

Offline twmcat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 10:48:27 PM »
If it comes off with them at Chelsea, maybe Ms Powell will have a rethink ;)
The pic is Tytti Porkka of Finland - I actually took it myself, but have lost all my pics and have no more :(

shlj

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 07:17:29 AM »
I don't think so because she said in an interview that all the Negland team where strcutured the same way from the U15 to the seniors so changing to 4-4-2 would mean abandon that.
As they seem quite rigid about that and with the amount of time spent on defensive work on the structure
I don't see her changing system. To accomdate both on a 4-3-3 I would play Aluko on the wing.

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 11:10:07 AM »
I don't think so because she said in an interview that all the Negland team where strcutured the same way from the U15 to the seniors so changing to 4-4-2 would mean abandon that.
As they seem quite rigid about that and with the amount of time spent on defensive work on the structure
I don't see her changing system. To accomdate both on a 4-3-3 I would play Aluko on the wing.

I don't see why the whole set up has to be organised the same way, why should the senior side have the same set up as the U15s...mmmmm, strange.  If the system is so rigid it doesn't leave much scope for change if things start  going pear shaped..

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u