Author Topic: Transfer News and Gossip  (Read 348267 times)

Sylvain

Re: Transfer News and Gossip
« Reply #2140 on: January 16, 2014, 10:35:18 AM »
Maybe they guaranteed her a starting place while City and Liverpool didn't ?

49yardtapin

« Reply #2141 on: January 16, 2014, 11:04:37 AM »
NZ Defender Anna Green to Notts...

Offline seedier

• View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: January 16, 2014, 11:14:27 AM »
Re: Corsie---Och aye -- maybe too many Scots at Arsenal already with another one as you are probably aware--a good one- being announced very soon!!

Corsie did play OK in the UCL games but the first game she was not exposed because the whole Glasgow team defended and the second game it was a very tight pitch and half the Arsenal team looked like they would rather have been somewhere else (they are now!)  as it was a cold, wet, windy night so she wasn't under too much pressure.She is a good player but I think may struggle against real pace in the WSL.

Offline tino

• View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: January 16, 2014, 11:18:46 AM »
Does that mean there are now three non-EU players at Notts? Have the FA still not publically commented on any changes to the squad rules?

49yardtapin

« Reply #2144 on: January 16, 2014, 11:21:35 AM »
She was born in Stockport.

Anyway where will all the English talent come through at NOTTS...?

Sylvain

« Reply #2145 on: January 16, 2014, 11:38:45 AM »
Re: Corsie---Och aye -- maybe too many Scots at Arsenal already with another one as you are probably aware--a good one- being announced very soon!!

Corsie did play OK in the UCL games but the first game she was not exposed because the whole Glasgow team defended and the second game it was a very tight pitch and half the Arsenal team looked like they would rather have been somewhere else (they are now!)  as it was a cold, wet, windy night so she wasn't under too much pressure.She is a good player but I think may struggle against real pace in the WSL.
Well Bradley is not going to help her either against pace and not her positioning sense lol

fabregas04

« Reply #2146 on: January 16, 2014, 03:04:02 PM »
Interesting piece from the 'London Bees', wonder if Ms.Powell might be unveiled ?????????

LONDON BEES LAUNCH MONDAY

New to The FA WSL 2 London Bees will be launching on Monday 20th January.

A swarm is coming to London as the London Bees WSL team is officially launched ahead of the 2014 campaign.

The London Bees are the only women’s football team dedicated to the whole of London rather than a specific area.

At the official launch the new manager will be unveiled along with new signings and the announcement of the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of women’s football.

Sylvain

« Reply #2147 on: January 16, 2014, 03:05:54 PM »
I will attend that launch  ;D I dont think Ms Powell is required there, they have a very good young coach in place.

Offline allibee

• View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 16, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »
Lydia Bedford

Sylvain

Agg Moves On
« Reply #2149 on: January 21, 2014, 09:45:34 AM »
Lily Agg has expressed her sadness at leaving Albion and believes it is only a matter of time before the club acquires Women’s Super League status.

Last season’s Player of the Season completed a move to WSL2 side London Bees, but admitted the thought of leaving would not have even crossed her mind if Albion were already a Super League club.

She told seagulls.co.uk, “I wouldn’t have even questioned leaving Brighton if they were playing in the Super League; it’s just a case of wanting to play at a higher level.

“They’ve got loads of young players coming through and the way the club supports the women, both financially and otherwise, is fantastic – they are one of the most supportive clubs when it comes to the ladies game and with that backing it can only get better and better.

“With that support and the set up in place, Brighton are a WSL club all but in name; it’s not a case of if they get into the Super League, it’s a case of when.

Agg, who hails from Eastbourne, says it's tough leaving her local club and a great set of players.

“I’ll really miss the girls and we’ve shared many laughs together at training. I’ll also miss all the coaches as well. I would like to say thank you to everyone for helping me become the player I am today. I wish everyone the best of luck this season.”

“I can look back on many highs at Brighton and my greatest memory was beating Lewes in the County Cup final last season.”

Elite Women and Girls’ Manager Tracy Doe was very sad to see the talented 20-year-old leave the club, but wished her all the best for the future.

“Lily will be welcomed back at Albion anytime and it has been an absolute pleasure to work with her.

“She has been a great ambassador for the club - on and off the pitch - and we have no doubt that she will have a long and successful career.”

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/agg-moves-on-1303743.aspx

Sylvain

« Reply #2150 on: January 21, 2014, 04:19:20 PM »
As expected Millwall sign Kim Stenning and Sophie Perry from Brighton Women.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:04:09 AM by Sylvain »

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: January 22, 2014, 04:55:17 PM »
Rachel Yankee signs a new contract with arsenal

Sylvain

« Reply #2152 on: January 22, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »
Rachel Yankee signs a new contract with arsenal
Has Shelley Kerr been overruled ?

Offline dunky

• View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: January 22, 2014, 11:43:05 PM »
Think Shelly will be found out big time this season.

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: January 23, 2014, 12:12:51 AM »
Think Shelly will be found out big time this season.

I think Arsenal will surprise a lot of people.
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline seedier

• View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: January 23, 2014, 11:42:28 AM »
I think Arsenal will surprise a lot of people.

I agree. I have come across Shelley a few times and she is not the sort of person that will ever take a step backward --If Arsenal can keep key players free of injury as their squad will not be huge -don't write off Vic/Shelly too quickly.For differeing reasons, the only player they probably really wanted to keep was Steph Houghton from those that have gone as she is a leader and no doubt be the next captain of England.

The midfield and defence will be more than strong enough for this league but they could do with another real goal scorer up top.

Yankey re-signing is hardly a negative and I would rather have her on our side than playing against us until she retires.

Sylvain

« Reply #2156 on: January 23, 2014, 12:03:21 PM »
I think it will depend on the speed of integration of the new players. if it works quickly, it will be very interesting, also if Kelly Smith is fit, she will make a big difference in term of creativity that was missing at time last year.

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: January 24, 2014, 10:45:39 AM »
It will be no surprise that arsenal will be there or thereabouts. I am sure good players will be brought n.
I disagree that houghton was the only player they wanted to keep. I also disagree that she will undoubtedly be next england captain. The decision has yet to be made on that one. Kim Little is the biggest loss. I do hope the squad gels better than last year. They had little team spirit, hopefully this will change.

Offline seedier

• View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: January 24, 2014, 04:24:18 PM »
They will miss Kim Little and her goals- albeit she wasn't quite so prolific last season.

Kelly Smith's fitness is key,how the newbies gel is crucial and which of the younger girls step up to the plate -Caroline,Jade and Freda.

Sylvain

« Reply #2159 on: January 24, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »
They will miss Kim Little and her goals- albeit she wasn't quite so prolific last season.
Well she was most of the time 40 yards away from goals rather than 20...I guess playing her in defensive midfield/relaying midfield hampered her attacking efficiency.