Author Topic: Transfer News and Gossip  (Read 374407 times)

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
Re: Transfer News and Gossip
« Reply #840 on: November 26, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
Looks like Watford have made some very strong signings then Slyv...

http://www.watfordladiesfc.com/news/article.php?article=327

does anyone know if they have had a shuffle round?
Well 3 out of 4 players presented here have left already...Sherwood, McKeag and Roche all gone.

Meghan McKeag has signed for Charlton, who is set to make her debut against Leeds tomorrow

Sylvain

« Reply #841 on: November 27, 2011, 05:36:42 AM »
Lois Roche signed up for Reading as expected.

Sylvain

« Reply #842 on: December 06, 2011, 05:16:17 PM »
Lois Roche signed up for Reading as expected.
I have asked the FA why Leeds were allowed to use 2 FA WSL players instead of one :

"Leeds United applied to the Management Committee for special dispensation to play Jess Holdbrook, alongside their other registered FA WSL player. This was approved by the Committee and therefore Leeds are permitted to play both players in the same match."

So basically the FA  have a rule for certain teams and another one for their friends  ??? Why put some rules if you can circumvent them at will ?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:04:26 PM by Sylvain »

Sylvain

« Reply #843 on: December 07, 2011, 12:23:40 PM »
Sue Smith from Lincoln to Doncaster according to Doncaster twitter.
Alex Scott from Boston to Arsenal...on loan for 3 games.

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 09, 2011, 09:22:57 AM »
Sue Smith from Lincoln to Doncaster according to Doncaster twitter.
Alex Scott from Boston to Arsenal...on loan for 3 games.

Leandra Little from Lincoln to Doncaster as well.

http://www.doncasterroversbelles.co.uk/news/belles_add_defender_little.html

49yardtapin

« Reply #845 on: December 09, 2011, 10:58:41 AM »
Kay Hawke to Rotherham. Interesting boost to their survival hopes, registered to play this weekend i believe.

Sylvain

« Reply #846 on: December 09, 2011, 01:07:21 PM »
3 players leaving Lincoln quickly.

I wonder if they will do another campaign and recruit every England A,U23 and U19 available like last year ?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:11:09 PM by Sylvain »

Elee Timp

« Reply #847 on: December 09, 2011, 11:21:13 PM »
I hope Glen's got something lined up! What's going on??  :o

Fair play to Donny, two top notch captures. I hope the signings actually go though and they won't be left with egg on their face like they have been in the past, after jumping the gun.

I saw some some babble on their website about playing Lea at right-back, which I hope was a joke. If they can get Little and Tori Williams fit and playing, from what I've seen, this MUST be the centre-back pairing.

Presumably Kay to Rotherham is only a loan move. I would think they'd need dispensation to play her and Sophie Barker, Stacey Aisthorpe etc. all at the same time? Their league position has me scratching my head given the talent in their squad...

Another ex Lady Imp was in the headlines this week. Firebrand New Zealand striker Emma Kete was booted out of Perth Glory after a training ground bust-up with Norwegian star Lisa-Marie Woods. Both players were canned when the debacle of an 11-0 defeat to Sydney erupted into open warfare.

49yardtapin

« Reply #848 on: December 10, 2011, 03:13:16 AM »
looking at http://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayFixture.do?id=10864026 barker and ainsthorpe both played against city, dispensation?

Sylvain

« Reply #849 on: December 10, 2011, 06:39:32 AM »
Well the FA has a knack for creating rules and loopholes to circumvent them.
If you have a read at the FA WSL handbook ( from page 179), they have rules and most of them have loopholes ie if your friend with the right persons, the rules don't apply to you... ::) :o >:(

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/FA%20Handbook%202010-11/FAHandbook-update-1011.ashx/FAHandbook-update-1011.pdf

Sylvain

« Reply #850 on: December 11, 2011, 01:13:58 PM »
Katie Sherwood from Bristol Academy to Chelsea Ladies.
Genuinely surprised as they have many midfield players already or maybe they are not resigning a few.
And don't be surprised if more Welsh players sign for Chelsea  ;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:03:12 PM by Sylvain »

Sylvain

« Reply #851 on: December 24, 2011, 06:37:40 PM »
Becky Spencer from Arsenal to ASJ Soyaux. First English player to play in the Division 1 in France.

http://www.asjsoyauxcharente.com/Rebecca-SPENCER-dernier-rempart-de-l-ASJ-Soyaux-Charente_a817.html

Sylvain

« Reply #852 on: January 11, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »
Lincoln Ladies Football Club are pleased to announce the signings of Collette McCallum and Laura Alleway ahead of the upcoming FA Women’s Super League campaign.

Both players are joining us from Australia, where they are established players on the national team, appearing in last summer’s World Cup.
LLFC manager, Glen Harris believes that the new additions show a sign of intent to the rest of the teams in the league .

“Laura is a young defender from Brisbane Roar who we believe can do a job for us at the back"

“Collette is a midfielder from Perth Glory who has a vast world of experience. She has won almost 70 caps for her country scoring 9 times, and her time in the American leagues has shown that she can win championships. This is something that we want to do in the WSL, and we are pleased to have her here"

“These are two great players, and I think that everyone else in the league will have to take notice now. This is a fantastic sign of our intentions, especially considering that we faced opposition from other clubs for the girls’ signatures”.

http://www.lincolnladiesfc.com/news/duo_set_to_arrive_from_australia.html

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 12, 2012, 10:41:22 PM »
Doncaster Rovers Belles have signed Ireland international Julie-Ann Russell from Peamount United.

http://www.womensportreport.com/women-sport_doncaster-rovers-belles-capture-ireland-international-julie-ann-russell_14610

49yardtapin

« Reply #854 on: January 13, 2012, 08:54:39 AM »
Chelsea sign Suzanne Lappin from Liverpool, Katie Sherwood (Bristol) and Sophie Ingle (Cardiff).

Most teams seem pretty active, nothing from Liverpool though, not sure they even have a keeper with Worrall's retirement and Gibbons cruciate injury. Rumours of Rachel Brown? But i think that's doubtful. Experienced players need there perhaps if they are to avoid bottom place again...

Sylvain

« Reply #855 on: January 13, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
Quite logical to see Chelsea and Donnie very active after their poor season. You would think Liverpool would do the same and try to recruit quality players in order to challenge for the top half positions.
I understand why Lappin was recruited. I would have  thought Chelsea would sign Fishlock from Bristol not Sherwood. Ingle did not set things alight when I saw her with Wales against Ireland and France
and in term of left-back with Rafferty and Perry, Chelsea have two of the best English players.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:46:30 AM by Sylvain »

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 13, 2012, 08:48:34 PM »
Quite logical to see Chelsea and Donnie very active after their poor season. You would think Liverpool would do the same and try to recruit quality players in order to challenge for the top half positions.
I understand why Lappin was recruited. I would have  thought Chelsea would sign Fishlock from Bristol not Sherwood. Ingle did not set things alight when I saw her with Wales against Ireland and France
and in term of left-back with Rafferty and Perry, Chelsea have two of the best English players.

I wonder whats happened to old Ruesha...I think she was hoping to go to Celtic but Celts have taken Rhonda Jones from Donnie and a couple of others,,,

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Sylvain

LLFC strengthen their squad
« Reply #857 on: January 23, 2012, 09:53:39 AM »
Lincoln Ladies Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of forward, Precious Hamilton from Doncaster Rovers Belles and Meaghan Sergeant from Arsenal Ladies.

Precious was ever-present for the Belles last season, and after a string of impressive performances has now made the short trip down from local rivals Doncaster, to link up with her new teammates.

Capped at the England Under-23 level, Hamilton has been a part of teams that have conquered some of the world's best, including arch rivals Germany in 2010.

Now she joins a group of players that have their eyes set on silverware next season.

LLFC Manager, Glen Harris is excited to have captured Hamilton, whom he believes can become a hit with the fans.

"It's brilliant to have Precious here. She's an interesting and exciting player to watch, and I think that the fans will enjoy seeing what she can do"

Along with Hamilton, Harris brings in Meaghan Sargeant who has spent nearly 2 years at the Arsenal academy and playing for Arsenal reserves as well as being a regular in the England U.19 set up.

"Meaghan is a tall, strong, quick defender who can play anywhere across the back line and is one of the brightest young prospects in the country. I have seen her develop as a footballer through the centre of excellence programme at Sheffield United and I am delighted that we have signed her for the forthcoming super league season" said Harris

He went on to add "Having recentIy watched her in Holland playing for the u.19’S V France and Holland and she was the stand out player. I know with her working alongside experienced quality England players her game will develop and I fully expect her to be challenging for a starting place."

http://www.lincolnladiesfc.com/news/llfc_strengthen_their_squad.html

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 24, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »
Following on from the retirement of Kat Lindner, Clare Gemmell and Jill Paterson Glasgow City have moved to sign Leanne Crichton from Hibernian and Amy Bulloch from Hamilton.  They've also signed up Nicola Docherty and Julie Melrose both from Rangers.

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Elee Timp

« Reply #859 on: January 26, 2012, 11:32:35 PM »
Presh Hamilton has threatened to be a very good player for two or three years now ...will she finally make that breakthrough at Lincoln?

>:( I see Lincoln were given a 5-3 pasting by Sheffield FC, with ex-stalwarts Carla Ward and Jodie Michalska scoring the goals!