Author Topic: Transfer News and Gossip  (Read 390661 times)

Sylvain

Re: Transfer News and Gossip
« Reply #800 on: September 13, 2011, 05:09:52 PM »
I heard a funny gossip a couple of weeks ago : Casey Stoney was literally taking over training sessions at Lincoln by actually telling Rod Wilson what to do in the sessions and for the team tactics  :o

49yardtapin

« Reply #801 on: September 13, 2011, 10:23:52 PM »
I heard a funny gossip a couple of weeks ago : Casey Stoney was literally taking over training sessions at Lincoln by actually telling Rod Wilson what to do in the sessions and for the team tactics  :o

wouldn't be a shock

Sylvain

« Reply #802 on: September 13, 2011, 11:06:06 PM »
I mean if the she really wants to coach the team she should get him sacked first....

49yardtapin

« Reply #803 on: September 14, 2011, 07:05:35 AM »
I mean if the she really wants to coach the team she should get him sacked first....

have you ever seen a manager wearing sunglasses in the dugout before that game v Liverpool?  :-\

any managerial changes in the WSL, thinking reviews will take place after the two seasons?

Sylvain

« Reply #804 on: September 14, 2011, 07:39:41 AM »
have you ever seen a manager wearing sunglasses in the dugout before that game v Liverpool?  :-\

any managerial changes in the WSL, thinking reviews will take place after the two seasons?
I have seen it and found it funny  ;D I would think a football club can sack a manager at any time to be honest and I also think Stoney would do a better job. Considering more than half of the team were playing together very well and they are training daily if I understand well. Lincoln should simply battle for the top place. It is such an advantage if they can train 5 times a week compared to 2. Arsenal suffers when they play French or Germans team that trains every day and you could see the gap quality between pro teams and semi-pro.

49yardtapin

« Reply #805 on: September 14, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »

I have seen it and found it funny  ;D I would think a football club can sack a manager at any time to be honest and I also think Stoney would do a better job. Considering more than half of the team were playing together very well and they are training daily if I understand well. Lincoln should simply battle for the top place. It is such an advantage if they can train 5 times a week compared to 2. Arsenal suffers when they play French or Germans team that trains every day and you could see the gap quality between pro teams and semi-pro.

yeah i believe they can but with no relegation to worry about maybe each will stick with their current staff for now? Stoney was managing/coach a bit at Chelsea I believe? Yeah they do have 4-5 training sessions a week, nice to see the backing of the club to enable them to do it, by that quote im understanding that arsenal dont, and are in 2x a week?

Sylvain

« Reply #806 on: September 14, 2011, 09:57:20 AM »
Yes they do Tuesday and Thrusday as far as I know.

Elee Timp

« Reply #807 on: September 14, 2011, 10:38:10 PM »
Lumbering right-back Maria Karlsson quits Donny Belles for Jitex BK in her native Sweden.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/10298464-england-professionals-are-ready-to-jitex

Before leaving, Karlsson used her blog to fire an astonishing broadside... at CLEETHORPES.

"I really cannot understand what the English people see is beautiful or fantastic with this place," ranted the normally mild-mannered blonde.

Residents of the idyllic North Lincs resort are said to be seething at Karlsson's slur.

Sylvain

« Reply #808 on: September 14, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »
Seriously, that article is not written in proper English  ;D

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 15, 2011, 12:11:23 AM »
Are you related to "Elite Imp" ?

Elee Timp

« Reply #810 on: September 15, 2011, 08:45:21 PM »

Yes, sadly Elite Imp forgot their password then realised they'd signed up with an old university e mail address they can't access any more!

Offline Billy Hunt

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 15, 2011, 11:00:10 PM »

Yes, sadly Elite Imp forgot their password then realised they'd signed up with an old university e mail address they can't access any more!
Schoolboy/girl error?

Offline Brenchers

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 17, 2011, 01:10:52 PM »
Loophole rule then. WSL teams can loan a girl for the WPL season and get her back when the new WSL season restarts. This is just a joke really, in theory a WPL side  could  pick up  11 one year contract WSL players. How fait is this to other teams ?
Who invented those transfer rules seriously ? Why don't they do the standard rules : 2 transfer windows and basta ? Maybe it is too easy and simple to implement ?

FAWPL teams can only name ONE player that signed registration forms for a WSL team last season in their matchday squad of 16. The only exception are WSL players that have already been de-registered during the June transfer window. So there aren't really any loopholes I can see.

The only de-registered players that haven't signed for WPL teams thus far are: Sarah Owen, Natasha Staniland (Donny) and Andrea Worrall (Liverpool).

A definitive list (so far) of WSL players playing in the WPL:

Barnet: Abbie Prosser; Leeds: Millie Bright, Jess Holbrook; Nott'm Forest: Beth Bailey; Reading: Becky Jane; Sunderland: Helen Alderson; Watford: Shelby Hills.
Colchester: Kate Longhurst; Gillingham: Ashlee Hincks, Sarah Quantrill; Millwall: Leanne Champ.
Blackburn: Nicola Twohig; Manchester City: Nikki Harding; Preston: Gemma Watson; Rochdale: Jo Traynor.

De-registered WSL players who have now signed for WPL sides:

Charlton: Sinead Boyer; Leeds: Amy Turner; Sunderland: Rachel Furness; Watford: Emma Sherwood.
Keynsham: Natalie Sage.
Rotherham: Stacey Aisthorpe.

Offline allibee

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 17, 2011, 01:38:27 PM »
so how come both millie bright and jess holbrook BOTH started for Leeds in the 11th? http://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayFixture.do?id=10863877

Sylvain

« Reply #814 on: September 17, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »
As far as I know Barnet will have 2 other WSL players playing for them soon. And for the gossip of the day, one player who has just split from her partner is considering moving club and play in the London area.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:20:17 AM by Sylvain »

Sylvain

« Reply #815 on: September 20, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »
FAWPL teams can only name ONE player that signed registration forms for a WSL team last season in their matchday squad of 16. The only exception are WSL players that have already been de-registered during the June transfer window. So there aren't really any loopholes I can see.

The only de-registered players that haven't signed for WPL teams thus far are: Sarah Owen, Natasha Staniland (Donny) and Andrea Worrall (Liverpool).

A definitive list (so far) of WSL players playing in the WPL:

Barnet: Abbie Prosser; Leeds: Millie Bright, Jess Holbrook; Nott'm Forest: Beth Bailey; Reading: Becky Jane; Sunderland: Helen Alderson; Watford: Shelby Hills.
Colchester: Kate Longhurst; Gillingham: Ashlee Hincks, Sarah Quantrill; Millwall: Leanne Champ.
Blackburn: Nicola Twohig; Manchester City: Nikki Harding; Preston: Gemma Watson; Rochdale: Jo Traynor.

De-registered WSL players who have now signed for WPL sides:

Charlton: Sinead Boyer; Leeds: Amy Turner; Sunderland: Rachel Furness; Watford: Emma Sherwood.
Keynsham: Natalie Sage.
Rotherham: Stacey Aisthorpe.

Barnet has Lauren Bruton in their squad.
Watford has Brooke Nunn who must have been deregistred.

Offline redrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 20, 2011, 12:31:57 PM »

Natasha (Donny) has joined Leicester City.

Offline Betty Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 21, 2011, 05:25:20 PM »
Nikki Harding - Linda Shepherd Liverpool, Lagan Makin Everton, Char Farrell returns from Blackburn, (Knew she would  ;)) and Sarah Buffel from Rochdale hopefully we can start putting a few results together.

Sylvain

« Reply #818 on: September 21, 2011, 09:10:48 PM »
Nikki Harding - Linda Shepherd Liverpool, Lagan Makin Everton, Char Farrell returns from Blackburn, (Knew she would  ;)) and Sarah Buffel from Rochdale hopefully we can start putting a few results together.
Lagan Makin is a  top quality left footed player and there aren't many in England.

Offline allibee

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 23, 2011, 04:49:51 PM »
Emma Jane Plewa (ex Bristol Academy) from Chelsea to Tottenham