Author Topic: Transfer News and Gossip  (Read 329198 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Transfer News and Gossip
« on: June 07, 2007, 08:48:42 AM »
Nicola Hobbs to Leeds is the first one I've seen then...any others ?

shlj

Re: Transfer News and Gossip
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:13:11 AM »
Arsenal players :
Sian Larkin to Chelsea or Everton don't know which one she choose
Danielle Buet to ?
Charlotte Gurr to Chelsea
maybe Cori Daniels will go as well considerng the competition in defense

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 12:11:42 PM »
Nicola Hobbs to Leeds is the first one I've seen then...any others ?

From ?
Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 12:32:57 PM »
Nicola Hobbs was playing in goal for Lincoln City

Offline davec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 05:41:23 PM »
Re Sian to Chelsea/Everton.
if she was to move id like to see her at Everton next year, i saw her play a few times last season, mosly comin on as a sub, but did she her play 90mins against Cardiff playin at fullback, im not sure what her preferred position is as ive seen her playin in midfield aswell. but having another young english player with alot of potential at the club will only benefit us.

a transfer i heard about as the season had just finished was Fara Williams to Arsenal....now i hope this is just gossip because she is irreplaceable in my opinion, noone can boss the midfield like she can, noone thats not already at Arsenal anyway lol
E.l.f.c through and through!

shlj

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »
Fara to Arsenal ? well it would be really hard for her to get a game ahead of Chapman Ludlow or Asante in center midfield. Why would she leave now that Everton are in Europe ?
Regarding Sian she is an attacking midfield player also she can play at full back because she is very strong in the fitness level for the kinf od running needed in that position.

Offline davec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 07:07:58 PM »
Fara to Arsenal ? well it would be really hard for her to get a game ahead of Chapman Ludlow or Asante in center midfield. Why would she leave now that Everton are in Europe ?
Regarding Sian she is an attacking midfield player also she can play at full back because she is very strong in the fitness level for the kinf od running needed in that position.
the fara thing was only a rumour, i hope so anyway, and i heard it before we knew for definate whether the team finishing 2nd place would be in europe and was before Everton had clinched 2nd spot, i couldnt see it happenening but u can never be sure these days with transfers

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 07:12:40 PM »
Where's xena gone when we need her for all the latest gossip ?  :D Anyone seen her recently ?

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 07:23:51 PM »

Just to add to the hot air/rumour mill. I remember an interview that Rachel Brown did in October last year where she said Katie Chapman was planning on extending the family, but World Cup qualification came along.

You can hear it here under "Rachel Brown -on playing for England" :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/content/articles/2006/03/22/womens_football_rachel_brown_on_the_spot.shtml

So maybe Arsenal cannot count on Chapman being available.  :D

shlj

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 08:23:20 PM »
So maybe Arsenal cannot count on Chapman being available.  :D
At least Anita Asante could get a game next season that way.

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 08:26:53 PM »
the fara thing was only a rumour, i hope so anyway, and i heard it before we knew for definate whether the team finishing 2nd place would be in europe and was before Everton had clinched 2nd spot, i couldnt see it happenening but u can never be sure these days with transfers

I heard a rumour about Fara it wasn't for Arsenal though but clubs on the continent, either Holland or Sweden.  There was also talk of Unitt going to America but I wouldn't imagine that would be before the World Cup.

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Offline sleepysara13

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 08:28:35 PM »
as anyone hear if steph houghton left sunderland cant c her stay there.

as 4 that hobbs from lincoln a few players from lincoln played in a friendly for leeds d other month

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 08:37:12 PM »
Where's xena gone when we need her for all the latest gossip ?  :D Anyone seen her recently ?

From my space chatter she seems to be in Fuerteventura

Offline davec

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 09:34:42 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Steph Houghton was at another club next season, shes a quality player and im sure there'll be a few premier league teams who would like to sign her if she does decide to leave Sunderland.

Offline the guru

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 10:57:38 PM »
well..........ive herd a few!

jill scott and steph houghton to arsenal......

ive heard the ship is about to sink at leeds, and alot of players are manning the life boats, including sue smith for everton.

anisha bateman to liverpool

blackburn have reported to have been very busy also in the last month.......

amanda barr to join the dog and duck? i think she may have run out of clubs to sign for???

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 11:29:20 PM »
I heard a rumour about Fara it wasn't for Arsenal though but clubs on the continent, either Holland or Sweden.  There was also talk of Unitt going to America but I wouldn't imagine that would be before the World Cup.

I'm starting to come to the opinion that players moving abroad would help to generate more interest for women's football. There does seem to be a number of foreign players in the Swedish league. For instance German, Finnish, Norwegian, Icelandic, American, Brazilian, Swiss and Nigerian. Yet no British ones that I know of. I don't know why. Are they not wanted?

I understand the national team commitment argument but others seem to manage it, so why not our players. Somebody must be free enough from commitments to try it. Maybe the US is viewed as a more natural option.

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 11:33:12 PM »
Is Rebecca Angus English ? It is strange that our players seem so reluctant to head overseas apart from the USA...is there a typically English thing here about not speaking the lingo ? It will be interesting to see if the new US pro league poaches a few of Englands best players....

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 11:59:14 PM »
Is Rebecca Angus English ? It is strange that our players seem so reluctant to head overseas apart from the USA...is there a typically English thing here about not speaking the lingo ? It will be interesting to see if the new US pro league poaches a few of Englands best players....

Yes she is. There are also a couple of other players who I think have represented England in the Toppserien. I think it might partly be a language thing, but having said that the standard of English knowledge in Scandinavia is generally high, so that shouldn't really be an issue if the will was there. Although not speaking the language might leave somebody feeling isolated and that just wouldn't be the same in either the US or other former colonies. But remember Americans are not too good at other languages either and yet they are represented in the Swedish League.

I suppose the financial rewards are not so evident, but that still doesn't really explain why somebody hasn't just done it for the experience.

The news reports that we have seen so far seem to suggest that the new professional league in the US will be much more modest than before. So we will just have to wait and see if any players go. Although it is important to bear in mind that players from across Europe and indeed the world will be looking to go there. So it would not be right to regard it as a 'free for all' with respect to places.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 12:03:49 AM by BillyBoy »

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 01:15:27 AM »
amanda barr to join the dog and duck? i think she may have run out of clubs to sign for???

Ouch! :)

I saw her (seriously) at the Curzon ahton v Lincoln game at the end of the season.. was she scouting or ?
Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 09:21:09 AM »
well..........ive herd a few!

jill scott and steph houghton to arsenal......

ive heard the ship is about to sink at leeds, and alot of players are manning the life boats, including sue smith for everton.

anisha bateman to liverpool

blackburn have reported to have been very busy also in the last month.......

Jill Scott isn't leaving Everton, as for Leeds I thought they were okay now but if players are starting to look for the exit it's a sure sign that they're going under.