Author Topic: Rachel Brown  (Read 62712 times)

Offline Hanna Ljungberg Fan

• View Profile
Rachel Brown
« on: December 24, 2006, 09:17:15 PM »
My favorite goalkeeper.

;D ;D ;D

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rachel Brown
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 09:22:49 PM »
And several other people's favourite goalkeeper too ! :)

As far as I am aware she doesn't have a website, myspace or a fansite either..

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 03:06:50 PM »
And several other people's favourite goalkeeper too ! :)

As far as I am aware she doesn't have a website, myspace or a fansite either..

is there a website of Everton Ladies???

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 10:29:58 PM »
http://groups.msn.com/soccersite/thebestplayers.msnw

and i made my one Rachel Brown Biography in my MSN Groups click on the link and go to here name if you want to see it

;)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 07:28:45 PM »
They get a little bit of coverage on the Everton site but not as much as you might expect....

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/reserves-youth-and-ladies.html

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 05:57:40 PM »

Offline Jules_08

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 07:21:26 PM »
Im a goalkeeper myself and i look up to Rachel, shes one of my biggest role models, would be a dream to meet her  ;D

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 07:29:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum Jules !! Hope to see you becoming a regular round here :)

She's definitely a few young keepers role model and I hear she's really nice too !

Offline Jules_08

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 07:32:15 PM »
I bet she is, just love a few tips off her i geuss lol, few of my mates have meet her! I envy them

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 07:35:55 PM »
I haven't met her but have spoken to people who have and said she's really nice. A lot of players seem to be starting to try and get coaching days and things like that organised and running I see on their websites. You'll have to keep your eyes open and see if she will be doing something like that sometime perhaps....

Offline Jules_08

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 07:41:33 PM »
Hopefully, thats if its near me ish, i seem to be the otherside of the country for them things they do  :(

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 10:23:57 PM »
Whilst looking for stuff on Blackburn Rovers. I found this article on Rachel Brown, who is a 'Lancashire Lass'. Here is the link:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/content/articles/2006/03/22/womens_football_rachel_brown_on_the_spot.shtml

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 10:27:37 PM »
Burnley babe no less !! Thanks for the link Billyboy ! You've been surfing hard recently  :D

Offline xena

• View Profile
    • Everton Ladies Fans
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 11:45:19 PM »
Rach is a quality young lady and have had the pleasure of watching her play at club and international levels, she always has time to stop and chat to you so if you get a chance to see her go say hello.  She always stays and signs pics, shirts etc at our home ground of Everton Ladies at "Marine FC" on college rd.

Xena xx

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 05:56:53 PM by xena »
Everton Ladies Fans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Sportlobster

"Once a blue, always a blue"

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 05:59:37 PM »
Rachel heading on World Cup mission

BURNLEY'S World Cup goalkeeper Rachel Brown is ticking down the days until the Three Lions make a bid for global glory.

The England Women's ace has played a key role helping her country reach football's greatest stage - the World Cup - held in China this September.

It is three months since England celebrated an historic and joyous night in Rennes, where they held France to a 1-1 draw to rubber-stamp qualification to the finals for the first time in 12 years.

And playing a pivitol role in her country's success was Burnley-born Brown, who conceded just two goals throughout a convincing qualifying campaign.

The Everton goalkeeper has shown excellent consistency and ability between the sticks for head coach Hope Powell's side.

And England will now be looking at the 26-year-old to keep out the planet's best strikers in Asia.

But for now, Brown is gearing up for an early oriental adventure as the Three Lions jet out to Guangzhou City later this month for a friendly Four Nations Tournament.

England will be pitted against three of the best footballing nations, hosts China, USA and World Cup holders Germany, in preparation for September's main event.

Brown admits that for all the celebrations in the aftermath of that famous night in Rennes, England must knuckle down and concentrate on clinching football's greatest prize.

"After we qualified, we were on cloud nine for a couple of months," said Brown. "But we know there is a lot of hard work ahead of us.

"I'm always going to have that night in the back of my mind. It's one of those memorable nights that you don't ever want to forget.

"But we must put that night in the memory box, learn from it, and look forward to creating more memorable nights."

England are still to find out who they face in the World Cup group stages, with the draw due to take place in March.

But no matter which nations they come up against, Brown is just delighted to be taking part on the biggest of all stages.

She added: "It's a dream to be in the World Cup, it's been an ambition of mine and for everyone else.

"We are proud to get there because England have not qualified for a World Cup for 12 years.

"A lot of international players have come in and out of the England team over the last 12 years and missed out on the World Cup, so for us 20 or 30 going to China it's a big opportunity.

"The draw's not been made, but whoever we get, we will be playing nations in the top 10 and it's going to be difficult."

Brown and her England colleagues came thumping back down to earth within a month of their glory night in France, as they were handed a 5-1 friendly defeat at Germany.

They will aim to take revenge against their European rivals in two weeks time, as England compete in The China Cup at the Guandong Olympic Sports Centre.

Facing three of football's powerhouse nations, Brown sees it as ideal preparation for the World Cup and a chance to acclimitise to China's culture and conditions.

And she knows it will be tough overcoming the might of Germany, who are seen as big favourites to retain their World Cup crown.

"It's the first time I've ever known us to play in Asia," said Brown. "It's a massive tournament for us.

"The fact that we got invited is brilliant because it's a prestigious tournament. Germany and USA are the first and second in the world and China are in the top 10.

"It's always those three in the tournament plus one other country, so it's pretty cool that we are going out there.

"It's a good chance for us to see what kind of standard we need to be at, to see if we can do something at the World Cup - whether that's progressing from the groups, or getting to the semi-finals and final.

England get their China Cup campaign underway on January 26 against China before tackling the USA two days later and then Germany on January 30.

http://www.burnleycitizen.co.uk/sport/sportheadlines/display.var.1120871.0.rachel_heading_on_world_cup_mission.php

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 06:57:27 PM »
Here is another interview that Rachel did near the end of 2005 for BBC Liverpool. She is quickly becoming one of my favourite English players.

The link can be found at:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/articles/2005/09/22/england_ladies_fc_rachel_brown_feature.shtml

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 09:27:28 PM »
All Star Rachel Makes History!

ENGLAND keeper Rachel Brown has been selected for the FIFA Women's World Stars squad to take on hosts China ahead of the World Cup draw.
Burnley-based Rachel is named as one of two shot-stoppers in the 18-strong squad that will kick off the festivities ahead of the draw on April 22nd at the Wuhan Sport Center Stadium.
On top of that, in what promises to be a hugely significant year for the England Women's side, the new Wembley Stadium looks set to be opened with an Anglo-Scottish clash on March 11th, as Hope Powell's squad step up their preparations for September's World Cup.
Rachel was thrilled to be named in the FIFA squad to travel to China, where she was selected alongside Norwegian keeper Bente Nordby, and stars such as Brazilian ace Marta, the World Player of the Year, Kristine Lilly of the USA – runner-up to Marta in the 2006 vote, and Birgit Prinz of Germany, a three-time winner of the award.
Powell and the former coach of the reigning world champions Germany, Tina Theune-Meyer, have been invited to put the dream team through its paces, and Rachel said: "I'm just really proud, I didn't know events like this happened, so it was a surprise.
"It's great to be honoured, you don't always get individual recognition, and this is one of those occasions when I have, so it's brilliant."

http://www.eastlancashireonline.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=14&ArticleID=2059395

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 11:45:38 PM »
As said before. This must be great for Rachel. I think Bente Nordby is probably one of the greatest keepers in the women's game and to work along side her must be a great honour.

I hope Rachel brings us some luck in the draw. I think we need it!

Offline KIPAX

• View Profile
    • KIPAX Sports Photography
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 02:41:55 AM »
I took this pic way back in April 2004

Womens Football Photography : www.kipax.com

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 10:20:06 AM »
Rachel To Stake Claim
RACHEL Brown should have been helping England unveil the new Wembley on Sunday.
But despite the disappointment of the Anglo-Scottish Women's international friendly being moved to Wycombe Wanderers' somewhat less palatial Causeway Stadium – due to the continued wait for the green light at the national stadium – the 26-year-old is throwing herself full on into the battle for World Cup places.
On the back of Thursday night's clash with Russia at MK Dons, Hope Powell's England face Scotland on Sunday, ahead of a trip to Swindon to take on Holland on Wednesday, as preparations for the FIFA World Cup in China in September are stepped up.
Rachel, who has an earlier date in China next month, after being named in the FIFA World Allstars squad to face the hosts in a curtain-raiser to the World Cup draw, is relishing the task of earning a place on the plane for the big one.
Sunday would have been the biggest date in the women's game in this country, in front of a 60,000 all-ticket crowd, a platform to spread the word about the squad's progress in front of a massive audience.
However, although the game is now at Wycombe's tidy 10,000-capacity ground, Rachel brushed off the news: "We now play Scotland on Sunday at Wycombe, and although that is a good venue for us, it's a shame that we aren't able to play the game to open the new Wembley.
"That was supposed to be one of the rewards for us qualifying for the World Cup, but obviously it's out of the FA's hands, as regards the stadium being ready.
"That would have been pretty special to play the first game there, but c'est la vie!"
However, she expects a tricky test against the Auld enemy: "It will be another tough game though, any England-Scotland encounter usually is well-fought.
"I'm sure they will want to come down and give a good account of themselves, and they have some very good players, most of who play in England.
"We know all about them, but they have some quality, and their captain Julie Fleeting, who plays for Arsenal, is something special.
"They also have a couple of younger players coming through."
Rachel has enjoyed the spirit in and around the squad over the week, and hopes to do enough over the coming months to rubber-stamp her number one position: "It's been great for team bonding, and it's the first time we've had a squad of 30 players for some while.
"Hope Powell has brought in a few players we haven't seen for a while, and some coming through, and everyone knows, give or take a few players, this could be the final squad for the World Cup in China.
"But you can now see the competition face to face, and now is the first step in staking a claim for the World Cup.
"The spirit is always good with the girls, and the competition for places doesn't affect that, but it's time to stamp your authority on your position and make a claim.
"We have these three sets of 90 minutes, and I'm sure certain players will be tried out in different positions, and others given their chance, and we have as good a chance as each other.
"Obviously, being a goalkeeper, I can only play in one position – I can't see myself being thrown up front! – but if you are an outfield player and can play in more than one position, it's beneficial.
"But I'm looking forward to all three games, and hopefully I can get as much game time as possible."

Rachel has agreed to write a blog on our website. To view her latest news and the countdown to the 2007 World Cup, log on to:

http://www.blogstoday.co.uk/BlogHome.aspx?username=rachelbrown

http://www.burnleytoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=14&ArticleID=2108128