Author Topic: Continental Cup Arsenal v Reading  (Read 169 times)

Offline Cabbages

• View Profile
Continental Cup Arsenal v Reading
« on: November 03, 2017, 12:24:53 PM »
the club are having a laugh- £10 entrance fee for adults on Sunday

Offline buzzbee

• View Profile
Re: Continental Cup Arsenal v Reading
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 10:36:14 AM »
This game saw a mad minute!
Reading were 1-0 up. Arsenal equalised
Reading re-started the game through Fara Williams MBE. She placed the ball down and then stepped back several paces, as if taking a free kick. No one from Arsenal seemed to twig what she was about to do. The gaolie was off her line, so Williams shot straight from the kick off
Then, it got a little bizarre from the resulting kick-off. Most goal celebrations happen in the oppositions half. Due to the nature of this goal, the girls all ran to the touch line in the Reading half. Because they were all in their own half, there was no reason for the referee to say no, when Arsenal asked him to blow the whistle for them to re-start, while all 10 Reading outfield players were in a bundle, celebrating, which left them with only the goalie to beat – 11 v 1. Of course, the Reading players all came charging back when the realised. I would like to see this on TV, because having seen it live, I am still not clear on how Arsenal managed to do this and not even get to the penalty area before losing the ball!
It would have been controversial if they had scored! It was the Arsenal players who called to the referee, wanting to re-start while the Reading players were celebrating, but they couldn’t capitalised. By the laws of the game, they did nothing wrong, but if they had scored in this way, I think there would have been questions raised over sportsmanship/playing within the spirit of the game

It was irrelevant, as they didn’t score and Reading deservedly took the 2-1 win, but this certainly was a mad minute!
BUZZ BEE
If at first you don't succeed... cheat!

Offline Cabbages

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 01:36:48 PM »
Rip off entrance fee buzzer- mo wonder crowds are down - i thought they were trying to get fans in not frighten them away.

Offline buzzbee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 02:46:13 PM »
I wondered, so I looked at the Arsenal website and that seems to be the normal price, if you pay on the day.

At the start of the season, I thought Arsenal would be very very strong. Perhaps the entrance price was expected to be justified by the on-pitch performance?
BUZZ BEE

Offline Cabbages

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 06:06:15 PM »
£10 is far too expensive even if they were gop of the league when you factor in a programme, food , drink and travel - i wont be going any time soon

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 09:51:10 AM »
I wondered, so I looked at the Arsenal website and that seems to be the normal price, if you pay on the day.

At the start of the season, I thought Arsenal would be very very strong. Perhaps the entrance price was expected to be justified by the on-pitch performance?
A mix of marketing to get people to book online and the FA request to club to raise the revenue level through gate...

Offline buzzbee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 10:41:57 AM »
Yes, it should be noted that their online price is £6
BUZZ BEE

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 02:37:26 PM »
A tenner is quite expensive to be honest.

Offline Cabbages

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 10:22:32 PM »
Well they wont get me in at £10 a go or dictate when i buy my ticket-