Author Topic: England national team - The future is bright!  (Read 142 times)

Offline buzzbee

• View Profile
England national team - The future is bright!
« on: August 04, 2017, 10:49:39 AM »
England done well enough at Euro 2017, but maybe we set our expectations too high. We found ways to win against Spain and France, despite not looking as good as either and then lost a semi where we were second best. However, I don’t think we were poor by any stretch of the imagination

Looking at what seemed to be Mark Sampson’s first choice 11, 6 of them will still be 30 or under at the next Euros. I think that if we look ahead, we could really target that tournament and then maybe the following world cup.

I think WSL football is definitely on the up and the England team is improving all the time. Imagine the following as a starting 11 in 4 years time – All of whom would be 30 or under…

Mary Earps (28)

Lucy Bronze (29)
Millie Bright (26)
Gemma Bonner (30)
Demi Stokes (29)

Jordan Nobbs (28)
Kiera Walsh (24)
Jade Moore (30)
Isobel Christiansen (29)

Danni Carter (28)
Fran Kirby (28)

I think that would be a pretty good England team right now, but with 4 years more experience behind them, it should, in theory, be even better!

In addition, there is plenty of talent coming through. In 4 years’ time, it may be that much of that team has been over-taken by good young players that many of us are still unaware of.

I think the future could well be bright for England in the next few years!
BUZZ BEE
If at first you don't succeed... cheat!

Offline Cabbages

• View Profile
Re: England national team - The future is bright!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:53:52 AM »
England done well enough at Euro 2017, but maybe we set our expectations too high. We found ways to win against Spain and France, despite not looking as good as either and then lost a semi where we were second best. However, I don’t think we were poor by any stretch of the imagination

Looking at what seemed to be Mark Sampson’s first choice 11, 6 of them will still be 30 or under at the next Euros. I think that if we look ahead, we could really target that tournament and then maybe the following world cup.

I think WSL football is definitely on the up and the England team is improving all the time. Imagine the following as a starting 11 in 4 years time – All of whom would be 30 or under…

Mary Earps (28)  - Stick with Chamberlain

Lucy Bronze (29)
Millie Bright (26)
Gemma Bonner (30) - Harropp
Demi Stokes (29)        Greenwood

Jordan Nobbs (28)
Kiera Walsh (24)
Jade Moore (30)            Leah Williamson
Isobel Christiansen (29)

Danni Carter (28)  - Duggan
Fran Kirby (28)      - Taylor

I think that would be a pretty good England team right now, but with 4 years more experience behind them, it should, in theory, be even better!

In addition, there is plenty of talent coming through. In 4 years’ time, it may be that much of that team has been over-taken by good young players that many of us are still unaware of.

I think the future could well be bright for England in the next few years!

For my take on  the squad for now  see above:

Offline sbahnhof

• View Profile
Re: England national team - The future is bright!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 06:41:27 AM »

I'm sure there's some pun about the future being either Bright or Orange, but never mind.

Some decent reviews of each individual here:

How did England players rate at Euro 2017?
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40834024

-