Author Topic: I am Buzz  (Read 284 times)

Offline buzzbee

• View Profile
I am Buzz
« on: February 16, 2017, 03:44:39 PM »
Hi all
I am Buzz – OK, it’s not my birth name, but what I have been known as for around 60% of my life now

I am 48 years young and fairly new to following Women’s football!

My first women’s game was actually a few years back, an FA Cup game, between Reading and Brentford, because I knew a Brentford player. It was an awful experience, which was evidence of many of the stereotypes about Women’s football. I saw girls falling over when trying to kick the ball, goalies who couldn’t get the ball out of the 18 yard box from a goal kick and even a referee having to explain to a player why she wasn’t allowed to catch the ball and put it on the ground

My friend Martin had been badgering me to go to a game and afterwards, I swore to him that I would never go to another!

Last year, I watched and enjoyed the excellent coverage of the world cup. In the first game, I was very impressed with Jill Scott, who I thought played really well. In a later game, she came on as a sub and spent almost the entire last 5 minutes at the corner flag, killing time. I usually hate that, but I found it funny. I tweeted, “I love Jill Scott” and it was seen by my friend Martin. Thinking I meant that I was attracted to her, he mentioned that she plays for Man City and suggested I go along to a game, when she is playing more local to me (I am in Berkshire)

One day last year, I was looking at the BBC website and saw that City were playing in Sunderland, when I was in the area and I thought, “That’s who that Jill Scott plays for”, so I decided to go along and see. That was a Friday night game on TV and 3 days later, City had a home game, so I decided to go to that as well. Before I knew it, I had decided to go to away games at Chelsea (FA Cup semi), Birmingham and Liverpool. I guess I accidentally became a City fan and what a time to do so, as we had a pretty good season!

HOWEVER – That has all changed!

Living 200 miles away, it is rather expensive! On top of that, my main sporting love is ice hockey. The switch to a winter schedule makes it difficult to make City games

So, I have made the tough decision that I will do something I always think of as a no-no… switch allegiances! As of this season, I will support a local side! Chelsea play closest to me, but I simply couldn’t do that! I live about 10 miles from Reading, so that was the logical switch!

As of this season, I will be supporting Reading! I will be at most games, home and away and am really looking forward to it!

So – Who am I?
Well, my other hobbies are karaoke and outdoor sex. I have won prizes for one of those – I’ll let you decide which!

I work for a company who buy and sell aircraft parts. I have been there for 10 years

I am on a bit of a health kick. 2 years ago, I weight almost 24.5 stone. I have so far lost 4 stone and intend carrying on for another year or two!

Enough – This has become a bit of a war and peace intro

Enjoy life and don’t let the frustration of what’s not happening, spoil the enjoyment of what is!
BUZZ BEE
If at first you don't succeed... cheat!