Author Topic: RTC Standards  (Read 5932 times)

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
Re: RTC Standards
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2017, 02:40:02 PM »
At the 2015 world cup there was indignation from the English after the Japanese coach said English football was 'simple soccer'.

Hard to argue with the Japanese coach - the England team may be doing ok but they are hard to watch.  Very disciplined, fit, physical and hard to break down but they do lack creativity and fluidity.   They always seem to want to take a touch before playing a pass and the default tactic is to turn the opposition and play from there.   The WSL games I've watched have often been similar though I'm not a regular watcher partly because I don't find them great football so I may be doing them a disservice. 

How do the resources going into the womens game in the uk compare to Germany, France, Japan, Canada etc?

See the latest UEFA document here :  http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/OfficialDocument/uefaorg/Women'sfootball/02/43/13/56/2431356_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Offline coey

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2017, 07:48:53 AM »
Summary of The player debrief for last NPC
No mention of technical and tactical requirements for playing international football , just a strong emphasis on physical side.
quality without results is pointless, results without quality is boring

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2017, 12:23:31 PM »
Thanks, any more details, what kind of physicality are they talking about, specifically do they look much at agility or is it mainly about developing strength and power, interested in what kind of  approach they take ?   

Offline coey

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2017, 11:54:37 AM »
worth a listen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ybrc5

forward to 27 mins to hear rubbish from finnis on physical attributes
forward to 31 36 for more enlightened us coach .

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2017, 10:35:32 PM »
When I listen to anyone connected to the FA talk about youth development it just reminds me of David Brent.   Proven failures in the mens game in the womens game we'll probably be able to do OK and steamroller the amateur countries but fall short against countries which can  match us in terms of fielding well funded professional players.   

Offline coey

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2017, 08:57:09 AM »
Thanks, any more details, what kind of physicality are they talking about, specifically do they look much at agility or is it mainly about developing strength and power, interested in what kind of  approach they take ?   

For me the FA are preparing to win the 1991 world cup and look to use the winning formula from that time , strength and power route one  but bereft of skill.
There a is tier 1 in midlands that fits that bill quite nicely.

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »
Funnily enough, from what I see at U17 and U19 and have seen through the years the England teams are definitely getting better on S&C as it is needed at international level but the players are in general more skillfulls that say 5-10 years ago. The general  technical level has improved in the COE/RTC

Offline coey

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2017, 05:40:17 PM »
The general  technical level has improved in the COE/RTC

but when faced with an oppo that can play a bit revert to simple soccer,

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2017, 08:39:32 AM »
Do you mean at club or international level  ?

Offline coey

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2017, 09:04:37 AM »
Do you mean at club or international level  ?

club

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2017, 04:44:38 PM »
Half time, a goal up, RTC coach tells players this isn't the time to play fancy football get it up the pitch.   And that is how the players played - I'm not saying it's not effective but in terms of development is that what we want in a high level youth game?   

Offline coey

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »
The funniest/saddest training session I witnessed this season was as follows:

Small side game (on an old coaches site we  used to jokingly call this the Charles hughes games as spoof tribute not thinking that 10 years on an rtc session would use it) , half pitch. all restarts from goalkeeper , who lumps into the  air, players arranged for the knock down and coached where to stand when the ball comes down to earth. LOL

Simple soccer at its finest.

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2017, 08:48:52 AM »
The funniest/saddest training session I witnessed this season was as follows:

Small side game (on an old coaches site we  used to jokingly call this the Charles hughes games as spoof tribute not thinking that 10 years on an rtc session would use it) , half pitch. all restarts from goalkeeper , who lumps into the  air, players arranged for the knock down and coached where to stand when the ball comes down to earth. LOL

Simple soccer at its finest.
Seriously, I really hope it is a U10 level not a U16 RTC session  :o

Offline KRaw

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2017, 11:31:56 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to this Forum and was hoping to get some advice regarding the RTC System!

My daughter is going to be attending open trials in June for various clubs.  I'm just unsure what the best option is going to be, I've heard so many mixed reviews about it.  She was approached by an ACC coach a few months back and I believe she has huge potential, but never had the chance to see her against other girls, as they're few and far between in our area.

She'll be trialling for Under 9's, she currently plays for a mixed Grassroots team, but I don't feel it's challenging/developing her enough.  On the other hand I've heard that playing against boys in their league can be a bit disheartening as the results seem very one sided. 

When I do ask her though she always says she would like to play with the girls and receive better/more advanced coaching etc. 

Also, can anyone tell us what to expect at the trials?  Is it various drills or mini matches?

Thanks in advance!  :) :)

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2017, 10:16:07 PM »
The more I see of RTC players them more I think it's producing very limited players - suppose it depends on the RTC though.   At u9 I wouldn't even consider it unless she really wants to.

Offline coey

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2017, 10:15:41 AM »
Go along to the U9 trials and just use them as an evaluation of where your daughter stands.
Then decide if that's the best option, as it depends on what else u have available, ie play mixed grassroots , train with acc/development program.
My view would be to stay in grassroots mixed as long as possible (even though the boys grassroots coaching will probably be average at best).
At that age one of my relos played mixed div 9 and was the bottom team , plays wpl now and off to states with scholarship.

Offline pool47

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2017, 10:32:13 PM »
Use the trial as extra training and to judge were she stands in relation to other girls of her age. At that age she can attend fa skills sessions when they come around and coaches involved in that are often involved with rtcs and if they recognise the talent they will point you towards the rtcs.

Offline KRaw

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2017, 08:34:56 AM »
Thank you for all your advice, really appreciate it. 

We will take her along to the trials and get a feel for what we think is best, looking at it though it seems a lot of people think we should wait until she's a bit older, just don't want her to miss out on good opportunities!!

Offline buttonmooner

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2017, 10:10:14 AM »
I believe at U9 she will only train  at the RTC and she will still be able to play in her grassroots team,  it is not until U10 that she will need to choose between playing for an  RTC or  staying with her current team.

As for choosing which way to go,  now the girls are playing in boys leagues from u10-u12  and from what I have seen this season from my  daughters u12 RTC , was at first they really struggled , but the improvement in the girls play,  from the start to the end of the season was massive.

The one down side  would by playing time,  as the RTC have squads of 15 so when playing 7 aside at U10'S  in a league, players are only really getting 20min max each week which is really not enough.

Offline KRaw

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2017, 10:40:38 AM »
I thought they brought the age down for next season, so under 9's will have to sign to an RTC exclusively, I may be wrong but I'm sure that's what I've read on the registration forms.

It's good to hear that although playing against strong boys teams is initially a huge challenge, at least by the end of the season it has done the job intended which is developing and strengthening the girls game.

That's another worry, an hour or so in the car for 20 minutes game time, is it worth it?  I like to think that the quality of coaching etc. makes up for this?