Author Topic: Universiade 2013 World Student Games squad  (Read 22294 times)

Offline law10

• View Profile
Re: Universiade 2013 World Student Games squad
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2014, 06:58:36 PM »
I'm not Alibee or even a Brit and don't know a soul involved.  But again, if you didn't play for a university team and took a spot from someone who did, that's a decision some would have an issue with.  School athletics should be first and foremost ethics.  You can put that on a staff member, but at the end of the day we're responsible for our actions, and no one else.

Offline Smasher

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2014, 09:35:37 PM »
I totally take your point into consideration but if you are offered the chance to play in that competition I think anyone would be mad not to take it. She is a fulltime student at the University so in my opinion she was entitled to that place in the squad as much as anyone else.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2014, 12:08:55 PM »
The rules definitely allow it.  We had a player who played football for a university in another country who was selected and debated her selection as well.  It's a gray area.  I prefer the earn-it by playing approach for school football and leaving the the-rules-allow-it stuff for club football.  Do other countries push the envelope right to the letter of the law?  Definitely and some even go over the line.  Guess it depends on your definition of what is just and your desire to win.