Womens Football Forum
November 21, 2014, 05:20:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Women's Football Forum !

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Norway Under 16 (Nordic Cup 2010 in Denmark)  (Read 5059 times)
Eurycantha

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2010, 04:00:57 PM »

04-07-2010 - 11-07-2010 Nordic Cup in Denmark without France U16, but with USA U16

Group A or B: Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, USA
Group B or A: Finland, Germany, Iceland, Sweden

05.07.2010 Sweden - Germany
05.07.2010 Finland - Iceland
05.07.2010 Denmark - Norway
05.07.2010 Netherlands - USA

06.07.2010 Netherlands - Norway
06.07.2010 Denmark - USA
06.07.2010 Sweden - Finland
06.07.2010 Germany - Iceland

08.07.2010 Sweden - Iceland
08.07.2010 Germany - Finland
08.07.2010 USA - Norway
08.07.2010 Netherlands - Denmark

10.07.2010 4th Group A - 4th Group B
10.07.2010 3rd Group A - 3rd Group B
10.07.2010 2nd Group A - 2nd Group B
10.07.2010 1st Group A - 1st Group B

link to German schedule: http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=503833

linkto German squad: http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=503837&no_cache=1

link to Sweden schedule: http://svenskfotboll.se/landslag/f1594/

link to Sweden squad: http://svenskfotboll.se/landslag/f1594/arkiv/landslag/2010/05/f1694-trupp-till-dubbelmote-med-danmark/

link to Denmark schedule: http://www.dbu.dk/page.aspx?id=5025

link to Denmark squad: http://www.dbu.dk/page.aspx?id=6900

Dutch squad will be known in June 2010

Samuel Vimes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »

Good google digging Smiley Nice to see someone else enjoying that.

I've added these matches and the others you've posted to the calendar of Norwegian women's football events.

I'll just point out that the Sweden squad is for a set of matches against Denmark in mid-May, and the German squad for matches against France in mid-May.

Also, this link at svenskfotboll.se has the groups, and hopefully times and locations when the Danish federation gets around to organising this.

Norwegian 1994 players who have made their mark include

Marit Sandtrøen, Tynset - cool head, scores vital penalties in cup matches, 3 U-17 caps
Guro Reiten, Sunndal - Norway Cup U19 winner last year, 3 U-17 caps
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:03:59 PM by Samuel Vimes » Logged

For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.
Eurycantha

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »

I'll just point out that the Sweden squad is for a set of matches against Denmark in mid-May, and the German squad for matches against France in mid-May.

That's correct! Looking at the Nordic Cup matches in 2009 and 2008 and the friendly matches before the
Nordic Cup, there were few changes.

Norwegian 1994 players who have made their mark include

Marit Sandtrøen, Tynset - cool head, scores vital penalties in cup matches, 3 U-17 caps
Guro Reiten, Sunndal - Norway Cup U19 winner last year, 3 U-17 caps

Thanks! I will try to make the Norwegian statistics later in the week, when do you think the Norway
squad U16 will be published? In the past (I think two or three years ago) there has been a four
nations U16 tournament in May with participation of Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Germany.
Last year with Scotland? This year only matches between Sweden and Denmark?
Samuel Vimes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 07:12:07 PM »

In the past (I think two or three years ago) there has been a four
nations U16 tournament in May with participation of Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Germany.

I doubt Norway are playing this year, the NFF (Norwegian FA) usually posts squads around two weeks in advance - I'd guess around 20 June.

You could start with last year's U15 squad, there won't be that many changes. Googling info on these may be tricky though.

Another player to watch may be Ingrid Bakke, she is debuting for Stabæk's senior team in the last 32 of the cup tonight.

I also guess Sweden and Denmark were left with playing among themselves, because there would have been something posted by NFF if they were playing any matches in May. Norway are playing a double-header against Sweden in Umeå in August, though.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:16:25 PM by Samuel Vimes » Logged

For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.
Eurycantha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 07:48:55 PM »

I also guess Sweden and Denmark were left with playing among themselves, because there would have been something posted by NFF if they were playing any matches in May. Norway are playing a double-header against Sweden in Umeå in August, though.

Yes, Samuel, I agree with you and I have seen the double-header on the Swedish FA website.

I just looked for the friendly matches in the past:

09-05-2008 Norway U16 - Germany U16 2-1
09-05-2008 Sweden U16 - Denmark U16 (I thought a Sweden win, but can't find the result)
11-05-2008 Norway U16 - Sweden U16 ( I thought it was a draw, but can't find the result)
11-05-2008 Germany U16 - Denmark U16 6-0

30-06-2008 Norway U16 - Germany U16 0-6 (Nordic Cup) What a difference in several weeks!

In May 2009 Scotland replaced Germany but again I can't find the results

Another player to watch may be Ingrid Bakke, she is debuting for Stabæk's senior team in the last 32 of the cup tonight.

I didnot know that there were cup matches tonight, I saw on www,women.soccerway.com that there
were cup matches in Sweden, but not in Norway; later on I saw that Soccerway only entered after the
third cup round, so thanks for your info!
Samuel Vimes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 08:32:13 PM »

May 2009 scores - U16s in Denmark:

May 15, semis

Norway - Sweden 1-3 (0-0)

Denmark - Scotland 0-0, 6-5 on penalties

May 17
3rd place match: Norway - Scotland 2-1 (2-0)
Final:
Sweden - Denmark 4-0

I didnot know that there were cup matches tonight, I saw on www,women.soccerway.com that there
were cup matches in Sweden, but not in Norway; later on I saw that Soccerway only entered after the
third cup round, so thanks for your info!
Sorry for the confusion - it's only Konnerud and Stabæk who play tonight. The others wait until next week (Thursday 13 May is a public holiday, so most matches are set for that date, with some others on the evening before). See The Cup 2010 thread for a full list of fixtures and first-round results. There's also a page on Norwegian wikipedia.

Eurycantha

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 08:56:37 PM »

Samuel,

Thanks again.

I have tried to find some information about Norway U16 in the Norway section, but unfortunately nobody
has put this news on the website; the first information I have found (by Alan) is from the Nordic Cup
on Iceland (30-06-2008 - 05-07-2008), so I'm missing info on 09 and 11-05-2008

The first match of U15 till now I have found is: Netherlands - Germany on 03-06-2004, not so many
countries do have an U15 (France, Switzerland, Italy and Spain don't have one and France only
recently formed an U16)

Norway U15 played once again Germany U15 1-1 (20-08-2008) (info found)

Norway U16 played three times against Germany U16
Nordic 2008 on Iceland: 30-06-2008 Germany U16 - Norway U16 7-0 (info found)
Nordic 2009 in Sweden: 02-07-2009 Germany U16 - Norway U16 2-1 (info found)

Four Nations Tournament in Sweden: 09-05-2008 Norway U16 - Germany U16 2-1 (info not yet found)

For your information: Denmark has -in my opinion- till now the best statistic info from U15 till A-Team
France comes in second place, Germany doesnot have a complete statistic review of the youth teams
For our Dutch website www.vrouwenvoetbalnederland.nl I have made a statistic as complete as
possible, as some info is still lacking.
Samuel Vimes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 10:46:19 PM »

Yup, I've seen the Danish site - it's amazing. Is very useful when they call up someone new to the senior side and you wonder who on earth that is. (Which isn't very common in Danish football at the moment, not much depth beyond the Hjørring & Brøndby clubs.)

The NFF's statistics of appearances and goals for their A team stops at 2008...I'd prefer them to sort that out first before trying to keep track of the youth players. (Not to mention that there's no one who tracks Toppserien matches either.)

If you want some more stats links to play with:

Here is NFF's record of all U16 matches. (It also counts U17 first qualifying round as U16, because they work on the calendar year). Unfortunately they don't have much statistical information.

NFF on Norway U15

There's also n3sport.no site, which are a pain to navigate because they are not meant to be used any more, but occasionally gives line-ups. They're not entirely correct though, for example U16 matches are archived as U15 and Ann Kristin Aarønes is given the same ID as a ten-year-old boy named Nicholas Bratseth.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:50:16 PM by Samuel Vimes » Logged

Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 06:42:39 AM »

NFF's home page did that too. It's just the name, I think. I remember telling Heidi Støre about it, but soon after the entire fotball.no home page changed to, well, what it is now.
Eurycantha

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 08:10:39 AM »

Samuel,

Thanks for the NFF U15 link, I already had seven matches (from the Four Nations Tournament in
August 2008 in Germany on) and will now add the two matches against Sweden (in 2006 and 2007);
on 24-06-2010 it will the 10th match for an U15 Norwegian squad.

To compare with the German U15 squad, it will be their 30th (starting in 2004).

Maybe interesting: from 60 German players, born in 1989, 1990 or 1991, playing in the German U15 in
2004, 2005 and 2006 in 2010 29 are in the German U19, U20, U23 or A (that is nearly 50%).
Bianca Schmidt (*1990), Kim Kulig (*1990) and Alexandra Popp (*1991) are now Germany A-players.
In the German U23 squad 2010 are 7 players born in 1988 and 3 players born in 1987, but they were
born too early Wink, because in 2003 and 2002 the German U15 didnot exist (international).

The Dutch U15 squad has 11 matches (also starting in 2004).

Not many countries do have an U15 squad
Finland, France, Iceland, Italy, Spain, Switzerland don't have an U15 squad
Belgium, Denmark, England, Germany, Irland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Scotland, Sweden, Wales do have an U15 squad (and of course Canada and USA).

Andreas
Is it correct that I think that you are more satisfied with the older version of the NFF website?

Link to the French statistics (not on the official FA website): http://www.statsfootofeminin.fr/selection/liste.php?selection=3

If you click on the name of the player, you will get photo and identity, click on "voir la fiche en
championnat" and you will get not only info on youth teams appearances, but also the complete football
career, I am not sure if the Danish have this!
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 07:32:39 PM »

Kristiansand: Today the squad was announced for the Under-16 Nordic Tournament in Denmark in the period July 3-11.  Among them is Gimletroll girl Ida Konradsen.  "It was a great message to get.  It's always good to play with the flag on your shirt", said Ida, who has already played twice in the Under-15s.

In the squad are players from the big teams, Trondheims-Ørn, Stabæk, Arna-Bjørnar, Kolbotn and Vålerenga.  Now Gimletroll has a representative.  "I very much look forward to playing with so many good players of my own age.  I hope I will be able to impress the team chief and earn a permanent place", said the 15-year-old.  In the tournament Norway will meet U-16 teams from Denmark (July 5), Netherlands (July 6) and USA (July 08).

"I hope it goes well and that I can show my best side.  It's good to see that I am getting somewhere with all my training", smiled Ida.

Nicolai Olsen http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article172260.ece

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 07:35:49 PM »

Under-16 national team trainer Tarjei Smågesjø har selected the following squad for the Under-16 Nordic Tournament in Denmark in the period 3rd - 11th of July:

Tina Firing  -  Trondheims–Ørn              
Tonje Pedersen  -  Alta                                          
Ingrid Ø Stenevik  -  Selbjørn                                  
Oda M Buraas  -  Eidsvold                                
Marit Jacobsen  -  Hardhaus                              
Ingrid Bakke  -  Stabæk                                    
Guro Reiten  -  Sunndal                                  
Marit Sandtrøen  -  Tynset                                    
Martine Berget  -  Fart                                          
Caroline G Hansen  -  Lyn                                          
Åsne Takle Eide  -  Arna–Bjørnar                      
Thea Hestnes  -  Kongsvinger                          
Stine Pettersen Reinås  -  Kaupanger                            
Ada Hegerberg  -  Kolbotn                                  
Kristin Haugstad  -  Vålerenga                                
Mia Voltersvik  -  Sarpsborg 08                        
Ida Konradsen  -  Gimletroll                                
Nora Kvalsvik  -  Hardhaus  

www.fotball.no                  
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:37:20 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Samuel Vimes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 10:05:15 PM »

So two players with Toppserien experience. From reports Konradsen, Sandtrøen, Hegerberg, Hansen and Reiten are fairly close to it (either stars of their rather successful youth team or contracted to Toppserien clubs). And Haugstad is a really fast runner who did track, regular in the second tier I imagine.

Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 06:35:15 AM »

There's an mini-interview with Konradsen here.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 03:20:53 PM »

Nora Kvalsvik plays for Hardhaus in Ankenesstrand near Narvik (way up north), so she might not be a sister of Kine.

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 11:32:28 PM »

Two goals by Ada Hegerberg gave Norway's Under-16s a 2-2 draw against Denmark in Monday's match, their opening match in the Nordic tournament in Denmark.  "It was a bit like I thought it would be.  We showed a lot of good attacking but were a little rusty in defence.  We really should have landed a win", said the trainer, Tarjei Smågesjø to fotball.no.

Norway took the lead after around 15 minutes when Ada Hgerberg lobbed over the keeper from 18 yards.  The Danes equalised from a corner straight after half time, before Hegerberg set the lead again with a thundered volley quickly afterwards.  Norway could have settled the match some minutes before the end but shot wide of an open goal.  Instead it was the hosts who equalised with a deam shot from 44 yards.

"We have exciting players in the attack, and especially Ada Hegerberg who showed what she can do with two nice goals.  She is good with her head, has good speed and a good shooting foot.  Also I think Kristin Haugstad was good as the striker and Caroline Hansen made a good contribution.  Keeper Tina Firing debuted and played a solid match", said Smågesjø.

The trainer thinks there is a lot to take forward from the match.  "There is a lot of potential there.  The most important thing now is that we have set a secure structure and cut down on losing the ball in our own half.  We won 8-5 on chances, and I am a little disappointed that we could not get a decisive result, but there was a lot to be happy with", he said.

Already on Tuesday Netherlands awaits, having lost 6-0 to the USA in their opening match.  "All our 18 players will have at least one match from the start, so we will make a lot of changes for tomorrow's match.  It's important for us to have as many answers as possible to our questions", said Tarjei Smågesjø.

Denmark - Norway 2-2 (0-1), Hørsholm stadium, Denmark.
Spectators: 300.
Referee: Angelica Søder, Germany.
Yellow card: Pernille Madsen, Denmark.
Goals: 0-1 (1) Ada Hegerberg, 1-1 (45) Anna Fisker, 1-2 (54) Ada Hegerberg, 2-2 (75) Julie Jensen.

Norway (4-4-2):
Tina Firing -
Nora Byom-Nilssen, Ingrid Stenevik, Oda Marie Buraas, Marit Jacobsen -
Ida Konradsen, Stine Pettersen Reinås (Mia Voltersvik 55), Marit Sandtrøen (Ingrid Bakke 78), Guro Reiten -
Ada Hegerberg (Åsne Takle Eide), Kristin Haugstad (Caroline Hansen 65).  

Christer Madsen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/J16/2010/J16-uavgjort-mot-Danmark/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:34:35 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »

Norway's Under-16 played a really solid match against Netherlands today and deserved their 3-0 win.  "It was a well constructed match.  Especially in the second half we were in control and the win was well deserved", said U-16 trainer Tarjei Smågesjø to fotball.no.

The first goal came after 20 minutes.  A long forward play by Martine Berget sent Åsne Takle Eide through and she scored securely.  The lead was doubled when Caroline Hansen cracked the ball in at the near corner after a pass from Ingrid Bakke after 45 minutes, before Ada Hegerberg applied the finishing touch with the 3-0 goal after a fine counterattack.

"We scored three nice goals and created a lot of chances, but the most positive thing today was the collective defence.  We won the ball in good positions and made chances from that as well as denying Netherlands chances", said the trainer.  "Central defenders Martine Berget and Stine Pettersen Reinås were solid, as well as keeper Thea Hestnes.  Also Ingrid Bakke and Caroline Hansen both played a good match".

Now the USA awaits in the last group match.  A win will make Norway the group winner.  "We are obviously going for that, but USA is about the best team we meet.  But today we brought out a lot of our potential so we are hoping to continue the same way.  We are happy and pleased with the win", said Tarjei Smågesjø.

Norway - Netherland 3-0 (1-0), Ørnstykke stadium, Denmark.
Spectators: 100.
Referee: Betina Norman, Sweden.
Yellow cards: none.
Goals: 1-0 (22) Åsne Takle Eide, 2-0 (45) Caroline Hansen, 3-0 (67) Ada Hegerberg.

Norway (4-4-2):
Thea Hestnes -
Nora Byom-Nilssen, Martine Berget, Stine Pettersen Reinås, Marit Jacobsen -
Åsne Takle Eide (Kristin Haugstad 74), Ingrid Stenevik, Marit Sandtrøen (Ida Konradsen 64), Mia Voltersvik -
Caroline Hansen (Oda Marie Buraas 78), Nora Kvalsvik (Ada Hegerberg 67).

Christer Madsen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/J16/2010/Tre-mal-og-seier-mot-Nederland/

PS - not sure how Ingrid Bakke had a good match when she isn't in the team list . . Smiley
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:53:46 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 04:43:39 PM »

PS - not sure how Ingrid Bakke had a good match when she isn't in the team list . . Smiley
I asked Christer about this . . he said 'good question' . . Smiley  he got two different team lists from different people so he will have to check.

Later, the corrected team list from Christer:

Norway (4-4-2):
Thea Hestnes -
Nora Byom-Nilssen, Martine Berget, Stine Pettersen Reinås, Marit Jacobsen -
Åsne Takle Eide (Kristin Haugstad 74), Ingrid Bakke, Marit Sandtrøen (Ida Konradsen 64), Mia Voltersvik -
Caroline Hansen (Oda Marie Buraas 78), Nora Kvalsvik (Ada Hegerberg 67).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:42:45 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Peter K

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 05:31:47 PM »

Which club is Nora Byom-Nillson with? I didn't see her on the original list, and from the looks of things she has played 90 minutes the first 2 games..
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 07:36:28 PM »

Kolbotn, I think.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: