Womens Football Forum
October 24, 2014, 12:16:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Women's Football Forum !

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Stabæk 2011  (Read 15048 times)
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2011, 04:30:36 PM »

Stabæk players are in Budstikka singing the Champions League song.  Budstikka describes it as "singing" with quotes.

Katrine Pedersen, Trine Rønning, Ingrid Hjelmseth, Amelie Rybäck and Kristy Moore were chosen for their lack of musical skills.  "Actually it sounds awful and that's why we were picked to sing", said Ingrid Hjelmseth.  

The match is at Nadderud at 19.00 on Wednesday.

http://www.womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=6556.140;num_replies=159

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2011, 10:24:41 AM »

FFC Frankfurt have won the Champions League three times, 2002, 2005 and 2008.  In the last years they have failed to qualify, but this season they have at least seven new players in the squad, including Fatmire Bajramaj recruited from Turbine Potsdam.  This afternoon they will visit Nadderud for their match against Stabæk.

UEFA has described the match as a tough draw for Frankfurt, and the match is being shown on Eurosport in 59 countries.

In 2006 Frankfurt, captained by Birgit Prinz, were beaten in the quarter-finals by Kolbotn with Trine Rønning in the team.  Rønning will unfortunately not play today after taking a knee injury in the Norway-Hungary match last week, but the injury is less serious than was at first feared.

www.stabak.no/kvinner

Photo: Moore, Pedersen, Klaveness, Dekkerhus, Hansen, Rybäck.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:29:07 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2011, 05:33:43 PM »

Frankfurt trainer Sven Kahlert says he and the players will be taking Stabæk seriously.  The top German club is packed with international players for the meeting at Nadderud tonight.

"Stabæk has international players like Ingrid Hjelmseth and Katrine Pedersen, and they are a team with good individual qualities on all sides", said Kahlert.

Keeper Nadine Angerer is excited about the match.  "Stabæk will be our first proper difficult opponents this season.  I know some of the players from earlier championships with Germany, and we can't count on a win", said Frankfurt's keeper.

http://www.budstikka.no/sport/stab%C3%A6k-kvinner/undervurderer-ikke-stabek-1.6520294

Match reports live: http://www.budstikka.no/sport/stab%C3%A6k-kvinner/stabek-har-tatt-ledelsen-mot-frankfurt-1.6520557

Final score: Stabæk 1 Frankfurt 0
Goal: 1-0 Cathrine Dekkerhus 54.
"Stabæk disciplined and determined", according to Emma Hayes.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:51:05 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Samuel Vimes

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2011, 08:20:41 PM »

The result is all that counts and that was excellent, probably the best thing to happen in Norwegian women's football since beating Sweden in 2009. Dad had fun at the match, too. Frankfurt collapsed after conceding a goal.

For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.
pat51

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2011, 08:31:37 PM »

Thought the team were excellent....and the supporters, we don't have teams getting backing like that in the UK.

What a pity that Kristy Moore missed that chance for 2-0 right at the end.

I hope Bristol Academy can show the same discipline and spirit tomorrow night !
sexxes

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »

Well, not going to mention that to Kristy, but this was wonderful. So good for once to get the undeserved goal, and after that I think we played better. The defence was very diciplined, and with Hauge and Bakkes play we nearly didn't miss Rybeck and Rønning. Going to watch the match again now.
stevie10

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2011, 09:16:04 PM »

Why is it always when you wanna see matches like this one that the Dutch people decide to show something else than football. NO, I'm NOT interested in volleyball.
Happy that they won tho Smiley Let's hope they will get a good result in Frankfurt next week as well.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2011, 11:24:54 PM »

Considering the back four was revised again tonight, after the injuries last week, the defence was a lot better than anyone could have expected.  Especially in the first 15 minutes while they rode out the storm.  Line Hauge and Ingrid Bakke were thrown in and both did a great job as side-backs, while Pedersen went back into the midfield.  The other young players were good too, Hansen and Dekkerhus, but they have had more chance to show their class.  Hauge and Dekkerhus made the goal following a nice string of passes out from the back after Hjelmseth started the play.    

They can all say they have played Frankfurt and beaten them - a great performance.  Kristy now knows she can beat some of Europe's best defenders - that must be important for a player who never gets to play international matches.

On the other side Frankfurt's passing play was quite a few notches better, and I can't quite understand how Stabæk kept in the match so effectively when so many passes went astray especially in the midfield Smiley  

Match photos: http://www.budstikka.no/bildeserier/stab-k-seier-i-mesterligaen-1.6520996    
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:47:19 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2011, 06:15:20 AM »

I chose the wrong night to be engaged elsewhere. It seemed like quite the match.

What I found most impressive was the transformation of Stabæk from the rather sad show at LSK-Hallen to what must have been a brilliant one against Frankfurt. I also agree with you, Alan, that they can say that they have played Frankfurt and beaten them. It's such a good result that it ranks up there with Rosenborg beating Real Madrid at home in 1997.

It will be interesting to see how they do against Klepp at home. Either they are so fueled by their win that they will make quick work of the green ones from Jæren, or they will concentrate so much on the Frankfurt game that they will deliver a poor performance (which is what I half expceted happened in their last game).

I also wonder what this does to the confidence of the Germans. Having lost against Japan while dominating the game was bad enough, but their head team losing to the new girl on the block, that has to hurt. Good for them that Thor took a (and so on) beating by Turbine Potsdam. Good for us too, I suppose, given that Iceland are encroaching on us at the top 10 list.

Interestingly, I noticed that Bristol Academy faces Energya Voronesh, a team that Amazon met in Turkey memory serving me right. It  ended in a narrow 0-1 loss for Amazon Grimstad.
Samuel Vimes

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »

On the other side Frankfurt's passing play was quite a few notches better, and I can't quite understand how Stabæk kept in the match so effectively when so many passes went astray especially in the midfield Smiley  

Alan touches on an important point here.

This was an upset, and a classical one - everything went right for Stabæk to win. Dekkerhus got the fluky bounce off Bartusiak to score, and Frankfurt were profligate with their chances. The skills gap™ was frightfully evident in the first half, but thanks to some bad decisions (Bajramaj deciding to run straight into a Stabæk defender rather than give the ball to Landström in 134290523049 acres of space, lack of finishing, wasteful finishing etc) from Frankfurt's side and huge amounts of willpower from Stabæk, and the required piece of luck, they got home. That's more than any other Norwegian side can say - I think any other Toppserien side would have been 0-3 down at the break and simply given up. So in that sense, it was the best they could hope for, but at the same time, playing like that is not going to give long-term success in Europe. You can win one match like that, but in the long run the team with territory and possession will win most of the time.

Nevertheless: Stabæk beat the third best side in Europe.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:19:36 AM by Samuel Vimes » Logged

For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2011, 12:27:01 PM »

I agree with that but just watched the goal again and it was a string of eight passes, Hjelmseth-Grønli, across to Akerhaugen, back across to Hauge, then working up the right, Klaveness-Dekkerhus-Klaveness, then forward to Hauge who has run up the line, and finally across to Dekkerhus in plenty of room outside the penalty area.  It only touched a Frankfurt boot on the way into goal Smiley . . so there was some good passing Smiley  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 05:52:51 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2011, 09:39:36 AM »

Three division-4 teams are playing a qualification round for two places in division-3 for next season.  Division-4 is arranged locally and Stabæk-2 won their branch with 33 points and an 85-7 goal difference.  Bærums Verk followed with 25 points and Oldeborg were third with 20.

In the other branch Lyn-2 also took 33 points but had a goal difference of 118-12 (of which 20 were against Stabæk-3, Stabæk's team for hobby footballers).  Nordstrand finished with 25 points and Tistedalen 24.

In the Akershus division-4 both Kurland and Gjelleråsen finished with 33 points, but Gjelleråsen had a better goal difference of 69 against 55.  

The matches will be:
12-10 at 20.30 Stabæk 2 – Gjelleråsen (Nadderud new artificial pitch)
15-10 at 14.00 Lyn 2 – Stabæk 2 (Valle Hovin artificial pitch 2)
19-10 at 20.15 Gjelleråsen – Lyn 2 (Li artificial pitch)

http://www.stabak.no/kvinner/Stab_k_Kvinner_2/article121792.ece
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:41:15 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2011, 09:55:39 AM »

The girls will be meeting Klepp at Nadderud on Sunday at 15.00, and then it will be the boys' turn against Sarpsborg at 18.00.

It will be fine on Sunday.  First the tour goes to Nadderud where Klepp are the visitors.  Klepp have an unwelcome tendency to steal points from us.  That we must put a stop to.

We gained a lot of confidence in Wednesday's match against FFC Frankfurt.  Also, Klepp are in a bit of a trough just now.  In the autumn they have won three and lost six, with four straight losses in recent weeks.  Now Stabæk, Røa and Kolbotn lie in wait for the green-shirts in their next three matches.

We have met Klepp five times in previous league matches, with a record of 2-3-0 and a 9-4 goal difference.  In other words this isn't a team we can expect to trample over.  But anyhow the Frankfurt match has fired us up and we are looking forward to this match.  

Afterwards it's only a matter of taking the coach over to Telenor Arena to see the boys polish up their home statistics against Sarpsborg-08.

Richard Jansen http://www.stabak.no/kvinner/article121656.ece 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:35:18 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2011, 08:57:49 PM »

Stabæk climbed to second place in the table with a home win over Klepp this afternoon.  The top two places in the Toppserien will give the holders tickets into next year's Champions League.  

Stabæk started the scoring with a goal from the hero of midweek - Cathrine Dekkerhus - after 19 minutes.  Klepp equalised with a goal by Maria Thorisdottir in the 59th minute, before Katrine Pedersen scored the winning goal via a deflection seven minutes from the end.

"It was a bad match.  We had difficulty with everything", said Kristy Moore, who was obviously pleased with the three points.  There are three rounds left of the season.

http://www.budstikka.no/sport/stab%C3%A6k-kvinner/thriller-innspurt-for-stabek-kvinnene-1.6528063

Stabæk starters:
Ingrid Hjelmseth -
Ina Skaug, Toril Akerhaugen, Siri Nordeide Grønli, Ingrid Bakke -
Cathrine Høegh Dekkerhus, Katrine Pedersen -
Caroline Graham Hansen, Lise Klaveness, Kristy Moore -
Ingrid Camilla Fosse Sæthre.
Bench: Marte Stenersen, Ida Elise Enget, Julie Adserø, Line Hauge, Mia Berdal Jahr, Telma Thrastardottir, Trine Rønning.

www.stabaek.no/forum

Subs:
Line Hauge for Ingrid Bakke 22
Ida Elise Enget for Cathrine Dekkerhus 60
Julie Skjeflo Adserø for Ingrid Camilla Fosse Sæthre 64.

http://www.stabakdata.no/soccerstats/matchdetails.php?id=79
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:48:08 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »

Good work by Stabæk's J97 team (1997 girls) who finished the season as league leaders in Oslo West after a 2-2 draw against Bærums Verk.  The season's record is 10-2-2 and a good goal difference.  The team will play off against Valle Hovin on October 15 for the Oslo championship.
http://www.stabak.no/kvinner/JenterJunior/article122632.ece

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2011, 12:07:55 AM »

Melissa Wiik making good progress:  Melissa Wiik has missed most of the season with a cruciate ligament injury that she suffered in training in May after a duel with Katrine Pedersen.  She had surgery at the end of June.

The Stabæk and Norway striker has made enormous progress since then and is now doing football training again.  Wiik told Budstikka that there is a chance she could make it into the team for the Cup Final on November 5.  "It isn't unrealistic.  Anyway there is talk of playing as a substitute", she told Budstikka.  "If I were to play in the Cup Final it would be a bonus for me.  Otherwise I expect to watch the match from the stands", she said.  

"How has the training gone so well?" - "I have trained hard.  I have been highly motivated", answered Wiik.

She has had a lot of help from partner Peter Kovacs, who is playing professionally in Belgium.  "He had the same injury, and was back after three months.  He kept a notebook of all the training he did every day.  I have that day-book now and I have taken a lot from it.  Peter has been a tremendous support for me", said Wiik.

Another important factor for Wikk is that she has been part of a study group for athletes with ACL injuries at Olympiatoppen in Oslo.  "I began training two days after the operation.  We have been trying a new training regime where we use a tight band round the thigh.  The resulting forces make the body behave as if you are doing heavy strength training.  It has worked very well", said Wiik.  

Gro Synstad http://www.budstikka.no/sport/stab%C3%A6k-kvinner/kjerestens-dagbok-har-hjulpet-wiik-1.6529395
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:06:57 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2011, 08:15:01 PM »

Stabæk were very close to a sensation in the Champions League on Wednesday.  Frankfurt were a notch better than us, but, looking at both matches, it feels a bit sour that we didn't make it.  We had a penalty when we were 1-0 down and two or three big chances at 2-0.  If we had taken any of those the match could quickly have turned our way.

Frankfurt were nervous.  It wasn't a matter of underestimating them, but they knew very well that we were the worst team they could have drawn from the unseeded group.  At same time they had masses riding on the match.  

We are pleased with the performance but obviously not with the result.  In practice we were only a goal short of success.  Frankfurt's extra goal in stoppage time came when we had everyone forward to try for that one essential goal that would have taken us through.

Unfortunately this season has been one long nightmare for Stabæk.  On Wednesday the injury list got even longer.  Julie Adserø had to go off with a complicated leg-break.  Ingrid Hjelmseth has a wrist injury which has not been evaluated yet.

Luckily we have youngsters who took responsibility.  Caroline Graham Hansen has stood out in these matches.  Line Hauge has delivered to an international standard at right-back.  Ingrid Bakke on the opposite side was possibly the worst nightmare German star Kirstin Garefrekes has met.  And on the wing Cathrine Dekkerhus and Ida Elise Enget have showed their class.  In other words everything is growing well at Stabæk.  

Now it's the league that matters.  We will compete hard for second place, to achieve Champions League play again next year.  And we need results rather than good performances.  

Richard Jansen / Jan-Morten Torrissen http://www.stabak.no/kvinner/article125283.ece
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:01:18 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2011, 09:04:10 AM »

To be fair to Stabæk, the last sentence should read "We need results, not just good performances". If anything, Stabæk is into le match bonne. Their alma mater is "Røa didn't impress anyone", so they do have standards.
Samuel Vimes

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2011, 09:54:50 AM »

Their alma mater is "Røa didn't impress anyone"

Alma mater means 'my old university/school'  Tongue I thought I knew the Latin phrase you think of but am stuck...(Germanic is more my thing...)

Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2011, 04:15:24 PM »

You're rigt. "Mother's soul" I think it translates to. I suppose I meant life motto, in lack of a better term.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
  Print  

Jump to: