Womens Football Forum
April 24, 2014, 05:14:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Women's Football Forum !

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Arna-Bjørnar 2011  (Read 8493 times)
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »

13 out of Arna-Bjørnar's squad of 17 are playing on different national teams.  "We have had plenty of international players before, but I think this is the top", said trainer Morten Kalvenes to bt.no.

The training pitch at the club will be nearly empty as players depart for the A-team as well as the U-23s, the U-19s and the U-17s.

Eli Landsem has selected five AB players to meet Finland, USA and Japan in the period February 26 to March 10.  Erika Skarbø, Ingrid Ryland, Maren Mjelde, Madeleine Giske and Cecilie Pedersen (not yet formally an AB player).  For them to be at the Algarve Cup means that they are likely selections for the World Cup in the summer.  "There is a big difference between playing in the youth teams and playing in the A-team, but we have cracked the code to find the way in to international level", said Kalvenes.  

In the under-23s are Caroline Walde, Astrid Grøttå Ree, Tina Algrøy and Hege Hansen.  The Under-19s are taking Maren Knudsen and Kristine W. Hegland, while the Under-17s have selected Åsne Takle Eide and Lisa Naalsund (our visitor from Tertnes).

Morten Kalvenes and Arna-Bjørnar have every reason to be proud.  "First and foremost it's a signal that the development work in our region is going well.  It's a feather in the cap for the Hordaland region", said the trainer.  He admits it produces problems on the training pitch back at home.  "But we have learned to cope.  The plusses outweight the minuses when we have so many international players".

The Bergen club received praise from the chief trainer of the youth teams, Jarl Torske.  "Arna-Bjørnar has done well for many years.  They have a good training regime", he said.  

What about the players who did not get selected?  Isabelle Gjerde was a high possibility for the Under-19s but was not picked out this time.  Tonje Christiansen was out with a broken leg last year and would have been on a youth team by now if she had been fit.  The same goes for Laila Himle, another young player, who suffered an ACL injury.  

Last on the list is Veronica Aasgård.  The 27-year-old has been a fixture in the AB defence for five seasons, but has never had the international call-up.  "I came to the club when I was 22, and had no experience in the national youth teams.  Perhaps that made it more difficult to make the step into the A-team, I don't know", said Aasgård.

"What's it like to be left behind?" - "In fact I'm going on holiday next week, to my family at Nordmøre!  I'm beginning to get older and am considering retiring.  The holiday week is important and now I'm taking a year at a time", she said.

"Are you disappointed you were never an international player?" - "No, not really.  I think it's great that we have so many international players.  I can console myself with having played alongside them for five years", said Veronica Aasgård.

Roar Lyngøy http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article192904.ece

Photo: Madeleine Giske, Ingrid Ryland, Maren Mjelde, Erika Skarbø and Cecilie Pedersen.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:17:03 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 10:56:14 AM »

Today the Toppserien team is travelling to a training camp in Turkey - a week of training on good pitches with matches against good opponents is important as the season approaches.

Morten Kalvenes thinks that experience of these training camps is important for the team to be prepared as well as possible.  "I am looking forward to getting the team together in good conditions and playing matches in optimum conditions.  I have only positive memories of these sessions and they have been decisive in producing the results we have had".

Erika Skarbø is also looking forward to a week in Turkey.  "My expectations are that we will do some good training and play against good opponents this week.  It's also important that we are together as a group and become more confident in each other.  This helps us to perform to our best".

The Bears will meet Fortuna Hjørring from Denmark and Tyresjø from Sweden, who are number three in the Damalllsvenskan.

Erik Bertelsen http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/klar-for-tyrkia/

Photo: Tonje Christiansen, Åsne Takle Eide, Maren Knudsen, Erika Skarbø, Isabell Gjerde:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:04:30 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 09:44:05 AM »

Arna Bjørnar and Fortuna Hjørring played a 2-2 draw in the Bears' first training match in Turkey on Monday.  The match was played over two halves of 30 minutes.  Morten Kalvenes reported good conditions and a good spirit.  On Saturday the opponents will be Tyresø from Sweden.  All 19 players played at least 30 minutes, Astrid Grøttå Ree and Maren Knudsen played the whole match.

Goals: 0-1 (14), 1-1 Isabell Gjerde (14), 2-1 Hege Hansen (17), 2-2 (19).

Arna Bjørnar starters: Erika Skarbø, Astrid Grøttå Ree, Maren Knudsen, Veronica Aasgård, Kristine Hegland, Tonje Christiansen, Isabelle Gjerde, Amalie Eikeland, Sunniva Lillestøl, Hege Hansen, Tina Algrøy.

http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/fortuna-hjorring-har-tatt-ledelsen-i-tyrkia/

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 10:33:05 AM »

Morten Kalvenes has given up Cecilie Pedersen and his reserve keeper is 45 years old.  But he is still going for bronze in 2011.

Arna-Bjørnar finished in fourth place in 2010 and has not attracted any new players.  But the present squad can improve their game and the aim is third place after fourth last year and fifth in 2009.  "The club has a goal of being consistently in the top three, and we will do better than last year", said the trainer.

"We believe we are improving, but we have no control over the development of our competitors.  We have gone for a medal, which is ambitious but the chances are no less this year.  The mood in the team is the same, and it is young team that has become a year older", he said.  "They are more patient now.  Last year they were disappointed and many felt that they did not attain their potential.  We lost two decisive matches", said the trainer.

Before Christmas they were looking forward to having a creative international player in Cecilie Pedersen.  But the last twist in the tale came when the striker broke off discussions in February.  "The Pedersen business is over now.  I am not using any more energy on it.  There are no other definite names we are working with now.  We have a squad of 15 outplayers and no-one else will be coming in before the start of the season", said Kalvenes.

He has only one keeper.  Erika Skarbø has no real competition, apart from the keeper trainer Reidun Seth.  She stepped in last year and the nearly-45-year-old veteran will have to operate again should anything happen to Skarbø.  "Last year Reidun said we must find a solution to the keeper situation.  I asked her to sign an amateur contract before this season.  I am looking for a new reserve keeper, but they are difficult to find in Norway". 

Kalvenes and the team are just back from their training camp in Turkey where they played two matches against solid opponents.  The first game against Fortuna Hjørring ended 2-2 after goals by Isabell Gjerde and Hege Hansen.  The second one ended in a late defeat to Tyresö.  Hansen sent Arna-Bjørnar into the lead but the Swedes quickly equalised before scoring the winner in stoppage time.

"It was exciting and inspiring to try ourselves against two good international-level teams.  Against Tyresö we could have won, instead they won at the end.  They were two good matches for us", said Morten Kalvenes.

Christer Sævig http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article196031.ece 

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 01:56:28 PM »

And today's date is...
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2011, 07:13:59 PM »

Ohh . . . Smiley  I won't delete my message because that's a nice picture of the park anyway.

Given the Toppserien clubs' luck with pitches I never expected them to joke about it.  Here's another one: the NFF has dug its heels in and forced a Toppserien club to abandon its home pitch and take a 35-km bus ride to its home matches at a pitch it has to hire every time . . . one of the reasons is that their home pitch has insufficient means to stop rival fans fighting Smiley  . . . haha, good one, not even a group of zombies could be that stupid Smiley
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:19:23 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
law10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 12:34:53 PM »

Fished me in hook, line and sinker.  I was really sad for them because of the pride they had in it.  We now have a year to plot how to get even with them.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 05:36:05 PM »

Sandviken is looking for a festival atmosphere when Arna-Bjørnar pays a visit to Stemmemyren on Sunday.

Newly promoted Sandviken is hoping to fill the seats at Stemmemyren when local rivals Arna-Bjørnar turn up.  Combined with the Hordaland region's centenary celebrations, a show-match at half time, and games for the youngest, the club has a gate of 1000 in its sights.

"The timing is perfect for this local match.  If 1000 spectators are going to turn up this year, it will be to this match.  I think it is a realistic aim", said Sandviken's trainer Øyvind Nordtveit to bt.no.

Sandviken knows how to bring in a crowd.  In 2007 the club set a Toppserien record when 1272 came to watch a bottom-of-the-table match against Grand Bodø after which both teams were relegated.  The record stood until surpassed by Stabæk last year.

Melissa Bjånesøy believes 1000 is a realistic target and is looking forward to the match.  "When two Bergen teams meet 1000 is quite possible.  Meeting Arna-Bjørnar is always fun, because these are two teams where all the players know each other.  There is a lot of prestige and perhaps we can pull a surprise", she said.

Sandviken and Arna-Bjørnar are expected to compete at each end of the table in 2011, and most are in agreement that Arna-Bjørnar will start as the favourites.  "We might well be the favourites, they are newly promoted while we were medal candidates right to the end last year.  We can live with that, but history shows that matches between these sides are always tight and evenly matched", said AB trainer Morten Kalvenes.

He agrees the crowd could be large.  "1000 is not unrealistic.  I have been at several matches against Sandviken when we have had 400 or 600.  This is their first home match and our first match of the season, certainly between 500 and 1000 are expected", said the trainer.

Erlend Marius Aas http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Toppfotball/Toppserien/2011/Vil-ha-1000-tilskuere-i-toppseriederby/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:24:11 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »

There was sunshine and summer at Stememyren on Sunday for the local derby between Sandviken and Arna-Bjørnar.  The hosts were the clear underdogs but sprang a surprise at the start.  Kine Tonning fired off a half-volley from 22 yards and to her delight it went in the net.  They didn't manage any more.

"This was a difficult match and not much was working.  We had next to no scoring chances", said a disappointed Tonning to bt.no afterwards.  Arna-Bjørnar did create chances though - Madeleine Giske equalised after half an hour with a nice header after a cross from the right.  Then five minutes into the second half Tina Algrøy rounded the keeper and made it 1-2, before Madeleine Giske shot from 22 yards for 3-1 after 70 minutes.  

Ten minutes before the end the young debutante Amalie Eikeland (1995) found the net to bring the final score to 4-1 after a good counterattack from Arna-Bjørnar.  

It was no surprise that trainer Morten Kalvenes was pleased with what he had seen.  "It was a good day at work and the way we came back after going 1-0 down early was something to take with us.  Now it's back to the drawing-board to prepare for our home match against Amazon Grimstad on Wednesday", he said.

Sandviken chief Øyvind Nortveit had this to say: "We had a dream start but didn't reach the level we needed.  We struggled, especially in attack".

"Had you expected the play to be at a higher level?" - "I had hoped to be nearer, but today Arna-Bjørnar beat us badly".

SANDVIKEN - ARNA-BJØRNAR, Stemmemyren artificial pitch,
Spectators: 634,
Ref: Tove Marie Tanstad, Velledalen and Ringen FK,
Yellow card: Vilde Lien Gripnar, Sandviken,
Goals: 1-0 Kine Tonning (5), 1-1 Madeleine Giske (24), 1-2 Tina Algrøy (50), 1-3 Giske (69), 1-4 Amalie Eikeland (80).

SANDVIKEN (4-4-2):
Elise Barsnes -
Marita Salbu, June Hammersland, Trine Lund (Maria Elena Kvalen 59), Kine Anfindsen Solberg -
Ingelin Ognedal (Lise Rikstad 63), Vilde Lien Gripnar, Mia Nygard, Linn Aarland -
Melissa Bjånesøy, Kine Tonning (Tonje Stald 73).

ARNA-BJØRNAR (4-3-3):
Erika Skarbø -
Ingrid Ryland, Caroline Walde (Maren Knudsen 83), Veronica Aasgård, Karoline Bakke -
Maren Mjelde, Madeleine Giske (Tonje Christiansen 84), Kristine Hegland -
Åsne Takle Eide, Tina Algrøy (Amalie Eikeland 73), Hege Hansen.  

Mads Bøyum http://fotball.bt.no/kvinner/article197738.ece
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:06:54 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Samuel Vimes

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »

634 spectators - pretty good.  Smiley A-B keep debuting young players  Shocked

For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 09:03:19 PM »

Is it something they put in the water? what is it that has brought all these 1995 girls into the Toppserien all of a sudden? and they are scoring goals, not just one or two either . .

My theory is that a lot of 10-year-olds sat and watched Norway v Sweden in the 2005 Euros Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:08:05 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
norge95

#1 Nordby Fan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 09:16:16 PM »

Is it something they put in the water? what is it that has brought all these 1995 girls into the Toppserien all of a sudden? and they are scoring goals, not just one or two either . .

My theory is that a lot of 10-year-olds sat and watched Norway v Sweden in the 2005 Euros Smiley

They were no doubt inspired by young Isabell's performance.  Cool  

This year is another Women's World Cup year and there was no greater year for Norge in kvinnefotball than '95. Smiley  Perhaps some of these '95 girls will even be competing for spots on the 2015 WC squad.  Cool
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:24:40 PM by norge95 » Logged

Bente Nordby - Verdens Beste Keeper

Vær snill og rett feilene mine
(Please correct my mistakes)
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 09:30:17 PM »

This year is another Women's World Cup year and there was no greater year for Norge in kvinnefotball than '95. Smiley  Perhaps some of these '95 girls will even be competing for spots on the 2015 WC squad.  
If they do, we could probably name some of them now Smiley
By the way, I really meant the Euro semifinal with that wonderful winning goal from Ane, Dagny and finally Solveig, who had already told Lise Klaveness that she felt she was about to die, and then she summoned up the energy for a last heroic run up to the back post.  Not forgetting Stine Franzen who decoyed the Swedish defence Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:34:52 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 09:52:46 AM »

Hege Hansen thinks Arna-Bjørnar can manage without Cecilie Pedersen.  The transfer-window closed without Pedersen signed up for the Bergen club, so the attack is the same as last season.  Striker Hege Hansen thinks the team will do well anyway.  "It means that we others have to do the job ourselves.  We have a good team and must be there in the battle for medals", she said.

There were no goals for Hansen in Sunday's 4-1 win over Sandviken.  "I didn't have a great day, the luck didn't go my way, but that's what happens.  The most important thing was the team's good performance", she said with a smile.  She was pleased that the team came back after a shock goal at the start by Sandviken.  "We have talked a lot about recovering from a goal against us.  We kept cool today", she said.

Hansen thinks the team has improved since the end of last season when they finished 4th and lost in the semifinals of the Cup.  "We have an extra year's experience now.  That is important.  I was not an Arna-Bjørnar player this time last year, but I believe the team is better than last year".

Sandviken took the lead after five minutes in the Bergen derby.  Kine Tonning lobbed in a nice goal for the hosts.  After that Arna-Bjørnar took over, and at the end it was 5-1 to the reds after two goals by Madeleine Giske, one by Tina Algrøy, and one by 15-year-old debutante Amalie Eikeland. 

Lars Selvik http://www.ba.no/sport/fotball/kvinnefotball/article5562230.ece

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »

Wednesday evening is the time for our first home match, with floodlights, waffles and entertaining, attacking football.

Arna-Bjørnar should have opened the season at home on April 2, but the match was postponed because Maren Knudsen and Kristine Hegland were away with Norway's Under-19s.  Instead Arna-Bjørnar played their first match away against Sandviken and took three points in a convincing win.

Today Amazon Grimstad are the visitors, and in the corresponding match last year we won 8-0, without thinking it will be the same this year.  But we believe we will win!

The match is at 18.00, with tickets priced at 70 kr for adults, 20 kr for children.  You get a nice Toro-waffle included.  Remember that everyone who turns up in Arna-Bjørnar kit gets in free.

Parking is allowed at Indre Arna school, at Øyrane nursery-school and at the old petrol station at Garnesvege.

http://www.arna-bjornar.no/index.php?mid=0&section=article&id=1887

Alltid. Uansett.
law10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 09:52:10 PM »

Nice pic from Fitjar Posten:

Alan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2011, 08:50:29 AM »

Morten Kalvenes has trained Arna-Bjørnar for five seasons and is now in his sixth, and he is in discussions about extending his contract with the club.

Kalvenes took over in late 2005 and has had three 5th and two 4th places in the Toppserien.  "I am open to continuing the arrangement, and when I suggested that to the club they took it up.  I will quit the day I feel I have nothing more to give", he said.

He leads a group full of talent that recently had 13 players away with national teams of various age levels.  The club is aiming for a medal in 2011 in the league.  "It isn't that we have to win a medal for me to continue: I look at the developments possibilities in the club.  But we came so close to a medal last year and I am hungry to take the step-up this year", he said.

Winger Tina Charlotte Algrøy made her breakthough last season and became the team's top scorer with 15 league goals.  She is glad that trainer Kalvenes is discussing a new contract, his fourth since he took over for the 2006 season.  "I am very pleased with Morten, he does a great job with us.  He knows a lot and is good at putting it over", she said.

Anders Pamer http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article198077.ece

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2011, 09:00:18 AM »

Nice pic from Fitjar Posten:
Hi Norge, nice picture, well spotted.  There is another nice picture with that article which has Margunn Haugenes watching her husband shouting at the ref Smiley
http://www.fitjarposten.no/aktuelt/idrett/item/6420-ogsa-dommarane-fare-i-gang  

Fitjar Posten was there because the ref, making her Toppserien debut, was from Fitjar.  It isn't on the normal list of papers that I use, which comes via typing 'abyz' into google.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:03:34 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
law10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2011, 01:18:01 PM »

Norman Rockwell was a master of quaint and humourous family life and would have loved the Haugenes photo.  It's definitely one for their family homestead.

Unfortunately I can't catch the LSK game live but am really looking forward to seeing it on tape delay later in the day.  Should be a great match.

I am still madly jealous Toro-waffles have never caught on this side of the Atlantic (let alone free!).  I've never seen them at any kind of event anywhere.  The only thing even remotely close is deep-fried dough 'pancakes' at winter events (like skiing/skating) that are sprinkled with your choice of lemon, brown sugar, cinnamon, jam, maple, cream cheese, etc.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2011, 09:10:22 AM »

On Saturday we have our third match of the season in the league, in the LSK-hallen.  We have had many tough matches against LSK in the last years and both teams have competed in the top five of the Toppserien.  Last year LSK won 3-0 in the LSK-hallen, but Arna-Bjørnar won the return match 6-1 in the last home match at Arna Idrettspark. 

LSK have lost several players, but also they have Isabell Herlovsen as a new player in the team.  If Isabell has her day, the AB girls could well have their hands full.

An injury-free AB squad is travelling to Lillestrøm provided Madeleine's groin strain is recovered, and Astrid Grøttå Ree is fit to play again.  The others are ready to show that they have made progress since last year. 

The match will be on TV 2 Sumo so you can follow it direct.

Tore http://www.arna-bjornar.no/index.php?mid=&section=article&id=1898

Alltid. Uansett.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: