Womens Football Forum
October 20, 2014, 12:16:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Women's Football Forum !

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Arna-Bjørnar 2011  (Read 9395 times)
Alan

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »

Arna-Bjørnar's squad has been selected for the weekend's big "World Class 2011" 5-a-side tournament in Germany:
Erika Skarbø, Astrid Grøtta Ree, Isabelle Gjerde, Veronica Aasgård, Tina Algrøy, Hege Hansen, Kristine Hegland, Ingrid Ryland, Maren Mjelde, Caroline Walde, Åsne Takle Eide.

The indoor tournament is in Bielefeld.  As well as the Norwegian visitors there will be Danish and Swedish teams there.  In the group-play, Arna-Bjørnar is with 1.FFC Turbine Potsdam, Hamburger SV and Kristianstads DFF from the Damallsvenskan.  
Programme: http://www.frauenturnier.com/pdf/Turnierheft2011.pdf

More details in English: http://www.womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,5763.140.html
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:14:46 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 01:14:32 PM »

Arna-Bjørnar is this weekend playing in a tournament in Germany, and the girls have had a brutal initiation into indoor international football.  On Saturday they had three decisive defeats, but then a welcome draw against Hamburger SV.

In spite of a training session in Olsvikhallen it became obvious that the concept of the World Class 2001 tournament was unknown territory for the pride of Arna, and after Saturday's four matches the goals difference was 1-15!

In the Hamburger SV match Hege Hansen gave our girls a 1-0 lead after three minutes, but the Germans equalised for a final 1-1 result.

Saturday's last match was a return meeting with Turbine Potsdam.  The results was 0-3, but the German champions had to wait until the last three minutes before they scored.

Surprisingly Kristianstad lead Group 1 afer the first day, with maximum points in four matches:

Kristianstad   12    14-4
Potsdam         9    13-4
Hamburger SV    1    6-11
Arna-Bjørnar    1    1-15

On Sunday there will return matches against Kristianstad and HSV, before the placing matches.

http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/toft-mote-med-verdenseliten/

Alltid. Uansett.
Samuel Vimes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »

Arna-Bjørnar finish fifth after some better results on Sunday

Kristianstad - Arna-Bjørnar 2-1 (goal Hegland)
Arna-Bjørnar - Hamburger SV 2-1 (goals Hansen, Hegland final minute)
Arna-Bjørnar - Herforder SV 2-1 (goals Gjerde, Takle Eide)
20-minute match for 5th: Arna-Bjørnar - Hamburger SV 7-1 (goals Takle Eide x 2, Ryland x 2, Mjelde, own goal x 2)

Looks to me like they got more and more used to the format as they played more matches. Not really something Norwegians would take easily to as our football is based around long runs.

For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 07:18:39 PM »

Good news, and obviously they are quick learners Smiley  12 goals will send them home feeling better.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:21:35 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
law10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 05:01:59 PM »

Futsal is a great game, but playing with boards is like football after a couple of Red Bull's and any sport with players moving quickly and randomly near a large immovable object is upping your odds of serious injury.

The Americans usually get a bad rep for Disney-fying things and bastardizing them into ungodly but entertaining versions.  I'm thinking the Germans upped them on this one.

The snippet off the top of site's video page pretty much say's it all:

Alan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »

Arna-Bjørnar were badly beaten at first but learned quickly and finished fifth in the indoor tournament in Bielefeld, Germany.

Bergen's best football women met teams of the highest quality when they played in the World Class 2011 tournament.  Indoor football, with walls right round the pitch, was unknown territory for Maren Mjelde & co.  They needed time to get used to the level and the playing regulations.  After 0-5 and 0-6 in the first two matches, things could only go one way.  

"The first matches were really embarrassing.  We hadn't played anything like this before.  The ball was never out of play.  We didn't use the walls and it was too quick for us", said Maren Mjelde to bt.no.

"But it got a lot better.  After Saturday we were wondering what we had got ourselves into.  But then Sunday was a lot of fun", said Mjelde with a smile.  They managed to get control of the ball and the walls, and were able to match the German and Scandinavian teams.  A 1-2 loss to Kristianstad was followed by a 2-1 win over Hamburger SV, who are 4th in the Budesliga.  The Bears ended 3rd in their group.

In the placing match against Herforder they also had a 2-1 win.  In the 5th-place match Hamburger showed up again, and the Bergen girls thrashed the home favourites 7-1.  "The public were great.  There were a lot of them and I think they took to us a little.  We showed such happiness when we scored, none of the others did that", said Mjelde.

5th place was ahead of expectations for the trainer.  "A strong result.  What we gained here was optimal.  It was fascinating to see how we cracked the code and played through the weekend", said Morten Kalvenes to BT.

Christer Sævig http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article190321.ece
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:56:41 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 10:56:57 PM »

It was a pleased and slightly exhasted Cecilie Pedersen who was interviewed by Haugesunds Avis on January 13.  Pedersen said she was not planning to move to Bergen immediately.  "Until the summer I will commute.  The details are not worked out just yet", she said.

Pedersen's new chief, trainer Morten Kalvenes, confirmed that his new player would commute from home at Sveio at first.  "It isn't a problem.  We have experience with this and have players who commuted from further away than Cecilie.  She will have sports arenas here and at Haugalandet.  How much and how often she is at the different places is not clear yet", said Kalvenes.

Kalvenes is pleased to have succeeded in strengthening his team with one of the country's biggest talents.  "We have followed Cecilie closely for some years and seen her play for Haugar in the 1st division, Avaldsnes in the 2nd, in the national youth teams and the national team.  She knows us and some of our players from the national teams.  We know her and feel secure that we can benefit each other", said Pedersen's new trainer.

Kalvenes describes Pedersen as a player with mobility who is good at creating chances for her teammates and for herself.  "She is a goal scorer, quite often she needs only half a chance to score".

Arna-Bjørnar will spend time on Pedersen's adaptation to the team but Kalvenes sees her making her debut against Klepp in the Vestlandshallen on February 5.

Espen Løvvik, Terje Flateby http://www.h-avis.no/sport/cecilie-pedersen-flytter-ikke-til-bergen-1.5957086

I might have missed something but from what I have seen no-one has reported that she has actually signed yet.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:33:49 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 09:44:18 AM »

That's quite a commuting.

I suppose that Cecilie Pedersen signing is just a technicality.
sexxes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 04:00:43 PM »

I suppose nothing when it comes to Pedersen.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »

I suppose nothing when it comes to Pedersen.
Hehe . . yes, but she scores goals . . also Avaldsnes is capable of pulling some tricks at the last minute.

Commuting in West Norway looks fairly dramatic.  Cecilie will start from Førde with a 10-km drive to the Otterøy tunnel, a 5-km tunnel under the sea.  The sea is 150 metres deep at that point (deeper than most of the North Sea) so Cecilie will have an unknown amount of rock plus 500 ft of seawater over her head.  That takes her to the island of Stord, and then she has another 25 km drive to join a ferry at the top end of Stord.  The ferry crossing is about 20 km, then it's another 20-25 km to Nesttun on the southern outskirts of Bergen.  There she will take a right and drive about 15 km through a valley to Indre Arna.  I don't know how long that journey would take but I did check up on the bus from Haugesund to Bergen once and it takes 3 hours Smiley  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:44:37 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
law10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »

That tunnel is amazing, what a marvel.  Actually I just checked and they call it about 8km.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%B8mlafjord_Tunnel - 7820m
http://www.tunnelandgeoconsult.com/Bomlafjord%20TT.pdf - 7921m

The problem with commuting to training like this is not so much the journey (which if you have to repeat one is about as majestic as they get) - it's all the dead hours on the weekend and the time of the actual training.  For example if they train Saturday morning and Sunday late afternoon it means leaving Friday after school/work to get there and decent sleep for Saturday morning training.  Then you have almost all day Saturday and half Sunday to kill to wait for Sunday training and then you leave and get in late Sunday night.  It costs you 2.5 days for two training sessions.

I'm sure the club and her teammates will help but hopefully she has family or knows people in Bergen to make the time fly and enjoyable.  And it will likely take a long time for 20yr old from Førde to run out of things to do in Bergen.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »

That tunnel is amazing, what a marvel.  Actually I just checked and they call it about 8km.
It is a marvel, those articles are interesting, 700,000 tons of rock shifted for starters Smiley  More impressive was, they finished inside the planned timetable Smiley
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:16:23 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »

On Friday Bergen's two Toppserien teams played their first training match together, indoors in the Vestlandhallen.  It was a typical January match, with a lot of things that have not settled yet - for both teams.

Arna Bjørnar turned out without Maren Mjelde, Madeleine Giske, Hege Hansen and Laila Himle, and used the chance to try out young talents.  Veronica Aasgård and Ingrid Ryland played in the first half, then Astrid Grøttå Ree, Kristine Hegland and Tina Algrøy played in the second.

The young visiting players showed promise, and it was also good to see Tonje Christiansen back playing.

Veronica Aasgård scored a penalty in the first half, and Sandviken were allowed an easy chance to score in the second half.

http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/treningskamp-i-utprovingens-tegn/

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 07:20:06 PM »

Arna Bjørnar - Klepp will be played on Saturday at 15.00 in the Vestlandshallen.  It's a tradition to play Klepp during prepaparations for a new season and this year is no different. 

There will be some exciting moments and it is planned that Cecilie Pedersen will put on the red shirt and play for the club for the first time.  We don't yet have a starting team but the idea is to start a full first eleven, since all are injury-free.  It is also possible that Tonje Christiansen will be back after a long time out with injury, and that Laila Himle will play in a match for the first time for her new club.  We also have some talented vistors.

Klepp have announced on their web site that they have their strongest team for many years including four players from Finland.  It could be an interesting 90 minutes.

Tore http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/klart-for-treningskamp-mot-klepp-lordag/

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 01:02:59 AM »

It was a draw after Saturday's training match in the Vestlandshallen.  In the first half Arna Bjørnar had a clear advantage in outplay with a lot of corners and half-dangerous situations in front of Klepp's goal, which their solid defence managed to clear. 

In the second half the play evened out with both sides having chances.  Ten minutes into the half Klepp came up on a counterattack that ended with a cross into the goal area, and their forward was able to stand between three Arna Bjørnar players and head the ball into goal past Erika Skarbø.  But then five minutes from the end came the equaliser when Tina Algrøy was brought down for a penalty.  Veronica Aasgård's spot-kick was saved by the keeper but Veronica was able to place the return into the net herself.

Arna Bjørnar fielded their best team with the exception of Maren Mjelde and Isabell Gjerde who stood over and supervised from the stands.  There was some useful play from some, but others have work to do before the season starts.  Veronica Aasgård, Caroline Walde, Madeleine Giske, Tonje Christiansen, Hege Hansen and Cecilie Pedersen showed their skills while the team as a whole showed it was about where it should be at the start of February.

It was good to see Cecilie Pedersen in the red club shirt for the first time.  She was contained well by the Klepp defence but showed some of what she is capable of.  She decided to be cautious with a painful knee and was substituted after 60 minutes, as agreed beforehand.

The two visitors Amalie Eikeland and Ine Wedaa showed some interesting potential against more experienced opponents.

Tore http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/uavgjort-mot-klepp-i-lordagens-treningskamp/

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 12:16:06 PM »

A slightly injured Ceclie Pedersen debuted for Arna-Bjørnar in their draw against Klepp on Saturday.  She is still without a contract.

Pedersen (20) played her first match in the red shirt of the Bears in the Vestlandshallen.  She always threatened to break away from the Klepp defence but did not quite manage it.  "Perhaps I should not have played", she said.  Pedersen has pain the sole of a foot and took a knock on a knee in training.  "The knee doesn't worry me but I will have to get the foot checked", she said.

Trainer Morten Kalvenes said that Pedersen had a variable match and had not trained a lot recently.  "She trained with us three times last week but before that there has been very little training", he said.  He knows from her international matches that she can play at Toppserien level.  "It could take time", said Kalvenes.  Pedersen hopes to be able to contribute as soon as possible.  "I am certain I can perform quite soon", she said.

The trainer emphasises that Cecilie is not only a goal scorer.  "She can be a good assister, and can create dangerous situations on her own", he said.  Pedersen agreed.  "I make as many assists as goals, and for me it's the same whoever scores the goals".  

Pedersen still has not signed a contract.  "What is still needed is to clarify the situation around how she commutes from Sveio.  We have to try it first.  But we have plenty of time and are not worried", said Kalvenes.  

Pedersen was substituted after 55 minutes on Saturday and soon afterwards was in her car on the way back to Førde in Sunnhordland.  "It was arranged beforehand.  As well as the foot problem my aunty had her 50th birthday", said Pedersen, who said she had been accepted into the team by the other players.  She is looking forward to having a good time outside football as well.  "The total package is important for me, and that's definitely no problem in Bergen", she said.

The home team was clearly the best on Saturday, but failed to create dangerous chances in the first half.  After the break Madeleine Giske and Tina Algrøy were active at the front.  But it was the visitors who scored with a goal from Marie Bakke.  87 minutes had gone by before the equaliser came, after Tina Algrøy was felled on the way through and a penalty was awarded.  The keeper saved Veronica Aasgård's spot kick but coud do nothing with the same player's return shot.

AB substituted six players during the second half.  Two were visitors Amalie Eikeland and Ine Vedaa, both big talents.  Another good performance came from Laila Himle (19), who played for Voss in division-1 last season.  She is back after a cruciate ligament injury two years ago, and played her first match after signing for the Bears last summer.

Maren Mjelde did not play.  She has a knee problem but expects to be fit soon.  "I am doing alternative training, and should be back within two weeks", said the girl from Espeland.    

Nils Helle http://www.bygdanytt.no/sport/article1248149.ece
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:24:50 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 12:27:09 PM »

National team chief Eli Landsem chose four Arna-Bjørnar players to go to the Algarve Cup in Portugal in the period February 26 to March 10, where they will meet Finland, USA and Japan: Erika Skarbø, Maren Mjelde, Madeleine Giske and Ingrid Ryland.  In addition Cecilie Pedersen has been selected.

National Under-23 trainer Jarl Torske picked another four of our players for the Four Nations Tournament at La Manga, Spain, February 24 to March 2: Caroline Walde, Astrid Grøttå Ree, Tina Algrøy and Hege Hansen.  They will meet England, USA and Sweden.

We congratulate them all and wish them good luck.

Tore http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/vest-er-best-pa-kvinnesiden/

Photo: Solid central defender Caroline Walde has missed very few matches for Arna-Bjørnar and Norway's national youth teams for many years, and plays with a smooth combination of economy and effectiveness.  She has a silver medal from the 2008 U-19 European Cup and played in the U-20 World Cup in Chile:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:54:21 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 01:06:53 PM »

This week no fewer than ten Arna-Bjørnar players have been selected for international duties.  "It's confirmation that we have the capacity to develop top players", said Morten Kalvenes.  "It means that players with international ambitions want to play for us.  When they achieve it, it lifts all the other players".

Kalvenes will have only half his squad on the training pitch in the next weeks.  It is not a problem for him.  "There are plusses and minuses, but it's mainly positive", he said.

Kristine Hegland is Norway's Under-19 team captain.  The selections have been a slight disappointment for her because she made her A-team debut a few weeks ago against the Netherlands and is hoping for a place at the World Cup in Germany.  This time Eli Landsem did not have a place for her in the senior side and she will concentrate her energy on the U-19s who will go to La Manga in March:
http://www.womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,6545.0.html

Arna-Bjørnar will be represented in the A-team by the club captain Erika Skarbø, vice captain Maren Mjelde, Madeleine Giske, Ingrid Ryland and Cecilie Pedersen.  There will be matches in Portugal in the Algarve Cup against Finland, USA and Japan in the period 26th February to 10th March.  

Of the remaining players Morten Kalvenes thinks Veronica Åsgaard could be the next one to be given a chance.  He believes she was close to being picked last year.  "She has been our most consistent player for the last two years, but has never been selected.  She has been a late developer", he said.  "Before she was injured last year she was named as a candidate and I thought she would be selected".

The other players going to foreign places are Astrid Grøttå Ree, Caroline Walde, Hege Hansen and Tina Algrøy with the Under-23s.  They will try their strength against England, USA and Sweden in a Four-Nations Tournament in La Manga at the end of the month.

When Norway's Under-17s travel to Coventry to play two training matches against England's Under-17s, Arna-Bjørnar's Åsne Takle Eide will be in the squad.  She is one of seven Toppserien players going to England with the team from February 20 to 25.  

Snorre Bang Utaker http://www.bygdanytt.no/sport/article1250339.ece

Photo: Maren Mjelde (A-team), Tina Algrøy (U-23s) and Åsne Takle Eide (U-17s).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:42:58 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 12:13:41 PM »

Arna-Bjørnar's 16-year-old Åsne Takle Eide was awarded a 5000-kroner stipend on Saturday by the Hordaland regional football organisation.  We congratulate her.

Åsne has taken the step up to Toppserien football very well and has also been selected for Norway's Under-17 team.  This is also an honour for the Os football club that laid the foundations for her success.

http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/asne-tildelt-stipend/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:38:11 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »

13 out of Arna-Bjørnar's squad of 17 are playing on different national teams.  "We have had plenty of international players before, but I think this is the top", said trainer Morten Kalvenes to bt.no.

The training pitch at the club will be nearly empty as players depart for the A-team as well as the U-23s, the U-19s and the U-17s.

Eli Landsem has selected five AB players to meet Finland, USA and Japan in the period February 26 to March 10.  Erika Skarbø, Ingrid Ryland, Maren Mjelde, Madeleine Giske and Cecilie Pedersen (not yet formally an AB player).  For them to be at the Algarve Cup means that they are likely selections for the World Cup in the summer.  "There is a big difference between playing in the youth teams and playing in the A-team, but we have cracked the code to find the way in to international level", said Kalvenes.  

In the under-23s are Caroline Walde, Astrid Grøttå Ree, Tina Algrøy and Hege Hansen.  The Under-19s are taking Maren Knudsen and Kristine W. Hegland, while the Under-17s have selected Åsne Takle Eide and Lisa Naalsund (our visitor from Tertnes).

Morten Kalvenes and Arna-Bjørnar have every reason to be proud.  "First and foremost it's a signal that the development work in our region is going well.  It's a feather in the cap for the Hordaland region", said the trainer.  He admits it produces problems on the training pitch back at home.  "But we have learned to cope.  The plusses outweight the minuses when we have so many international players".

The Bergen club received praise from the chief trainer of the youth teams, Jarl Torske.  "Arna-Bjørnar has done well for many years.  They have a good training regime", he said.  

What about the players who did not get selected?  Isabelle Gjerde was a high possibility for the Under-19s but was not picked out this time.  Tonje Christiansen was out with a broken leg last year and would have been on a youth team by now if she had been fit.  The same goes for Laila Himle, another young player, who suffered an ACL injury.  

Last on the list is Veronica Aasgård.  The 27-year-old has been a fixture in the AB defence for five seasons, but has never had the international call-up.  "I came to the club when I was 22, and had no experience in the national youth teams.  Perhaps that made it more difficult to make the step into the A-team, I don't know", said Aasgård.

"What's it like to be left behind?" - "In fact I'm going on holiday next week, to my family at Nordmøre!  I'm beginning to get older and am considering retiring.  The holiday week is important and now I'm taking a year at a time", she said.

"Are you disappointed you were never an international player?" - "No, not really.  I think it's great that we have so many international players.  I can console myself with having played alongside them for five years", said Veronica Aasgård.

Roar Lyngøy http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article192904.ece

Photo: Madeleine Giske, Ingrid Ryland, Maren Mjelde, Erika Skarbø and Cecilie Pedersen.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:17:03 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: