Womens Football Forum
April 19, 2014, 10:24:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Women's Football Forum !

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Arna-Bjørnar 2010  (Read 11573 times)
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2010, 10:19:06 AM »

An American international Under-23 player has been invited to trials for Arna Bjørnar.  This week Ameera Abdullah wants to try playing in a Toppserien club.  Ameera said she was interested when the other American player Lorraine Quinn could not decide.

Ameera has played for the university team Florida Gators for the last year and has been selected for the national U-23s and was on the draft for the US professional league.  She took her degree in May and has now moved home to Denver, Colorado, and is without a club just now.  She is a midfielder or striker.  Ameera has said she would like to play in Europe, and Norway, Sweden and Germany are possibilities.

Arna Bjørnar has no plans to abandon its policy of developing local players, but we have agreed that the young talented players we already have need a stimulant to take them a notch upwards towards the top level.

http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/besok-fra-usa-i-uke-25/

Other links:
http://www.buffaloflashsoccer.com/index.cfm?template=news&news_id=3781
http://www.supersoccertipstersteam.com/video/watch/ameera-abdullahs-highlights-part-1-of-2/QW_bUFCfaqM.html
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20081121/news/811210256

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:21:57 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2010, 03:33:51 PM »

Kolbotn is the next challenge for Arna-Bjørnar on Sunday.  The teams in 3rd and 4th place will meet at Arna Stadium.

Kolbotn has done better than many predicted before the season, after losing a lot of players.  They share equal points with our girls but have a slightly worse goal-difference.  Both teams have scored a lot of goals and conceded few, so everything points to a terrific match with the two teams meeting each other for the first time in the season.

Kolbotn have varied in their performance this year, with a good 3-0 win over Røa but also a 2-0 defeat to Trondheims-Ørn which can be counted as a disappointing result.

The team list for Sunday is not yet available but we welcome Maren Mjelde who is back after her injury.

http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/kolbotn-neste-utfordring-for-arna-bjornar/
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 03:36:59 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2010, 11:10:02 AM »

Erika Skarbø made the save of the match but broke an arm on landing.  Now she is hoping to avoid surgery.

The score was 1-1 after 70 minutes when it happened.  Arna-Bjørnar keeper Erika Skarbø moved back to divert a dangerous Kolbotn ball above the goalmouth.  All her weight went on her left arm as she tried to cushion her fall.  

Skarbø knew it was broken immediately.  "I heard the crack when I landed and the arm was crooked, so I was quite certain it was broken", she said, after it had been confirmed by doctors at around 8 p.m.  

Now she hopes to avoid an operation.  "If I don't have an operation I could be back in September if I'm lucky.  I will need plaster for four weeks and then a long recovery period", she said.

X-rays were sent to Haukeland university hospital in Bergen where the decision will be made on Monday morning about an operation.  If Skarbø needs surgery the comeback could be delayed to next season.

Skarbø missed all of 2009 after complicated surgery on a wrist bone that had been broken but untreated for five years.

Arna-Bjørnar trainer Morten Kalvenes hopes that his keeper's absence will be as short as possible.  "I am concerned about the treatment.  If an operation is needed we will have to find an extra keeper.  We got a lot of experience last year when Erika was out, and have found out a bit about how to sign a stand-in keeper".  At present only 44-year-old Reidun Seth is available as a deputy.      

Mads Bøyum http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article172966.ece

Photo: this was the save.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:12:58 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Samuel Vimes

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2010, 12:00:04 PM »

That is cruel.  Angry Some people just have all the bad luck in the world.

For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name / He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2010, 12:56:27 PM »

"The girls are just great, and I like Morten and the coaching staff a lot.  I love it!", said Ameera Abdullah (23).  At the end of her training week it will be decided if the American girl will be part of Arna-Bjørnar from August 1.

Ameera Abdullah came to Arna on Monday and has been trialling this week.  On Tuesday afternoon at training at Arna stadium Bygdanytt met the American player who has experience in American college football and national youth teams.  "This is only her second session but she has already showed that she has good technical skills and an exciting way about her in front of goal.  We see undoubtedly a footballer with skills, and she has a lot on the inside as well", said trainer Morten Kalveness.

The American arrived on Monday morning with a little jetlag after a long journey from Minnesota via Amsterdam.  She is sharing a house with Ingrid Ryland and Astrid Grøttå Ree.  "Astrid and Ingrid have really taken good care of me.  Two super girls", said Ameera Abdullah to Bygdanytt after training.

The two defenders are not the only ones described with superlatives when the 23-year-old sums up her experiences so far.  She says she has been very much welcomed by all the players.  She characterised tham all as very talented and supportive and has been taken care of well.  "The trainer really knows what he is doing and is highly respected in the group.  I like him as a person as well", said Ameera.

On Tuesday morning she drove to Bergen centre with Kalveness's wife to have a look round and see the sights, look at a few boutiques and visit a cafe.  The plan for Wednesday was to do a little mountain walking with some of her potential teammates and also to see Bergen from the famous vantage point at Fløyen.  She also hoped to see some World Cup matches and the classy play of Spain, Brazil and Portugal.

Her own football skills are speed, ball skills and reading the play.  "I can score and assist on both sides", said Ameera, who describes the Norwegian style of play as a little different from the American.  "Football is more physical here, and that will take a little time.  The training routines are also different from what I am used to at home, but it's absolutely a 'good' difference", said the 23-year-old, who will meet the trainers at the end of the week to decide the future.

"Do I want to? Absolutely.  The conditions here have been fantastic up to now.  We will see what happens at the end of the week", said Ameera Abdullah.

"We see she is a good football player and probably she has a lot of potential.  Stabæk used two years on Alanzinho, we don't have that.  We must be certain that she has something to contribute already in the autumn.  That will happen this week", said Morten Kalveness.

Also at Arna-Bjørnar on Tuesday were Maria Brochman from Åsane and Rebecca Hjellegjerde, a keeper from Fortuna Ålesund.  Hjellegjerde is 19 and is hoping to transfer.  "I wanted to aim higher and also I wanted to study in Bergen, so it suits very well.  Also you will not find any keepers that are better to learn from than Erika and Reidun, so I'm very lucky", said the 19-year-old newcomer.          

André Leknessund Wik http://www.bygdanytt.no/sport/article1109311.ece
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:59:15 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2010, 01:18:22 PM »

Sunday's match was fairly quiet in the first half but livened up in the second.  Kolbotn took the lead after a little while, but Arna-Bjørnar struck back quickly and beautifully.

Veronica Aasgård sent a perfect 60-metre pass into Kolbotn's back room.  Maren Mjelde stormed in to thunder a half-volley past Tiina Riika Korpela in goal, who had no chance of stopping it.  First-touch finishes are not common in football but for Mjelde the goal meant little because Kolbotn took the win five minutes before the end.

"I can't be happy about the goal.  It was a great pass and very fine goal, but if we lose it means nothing", said a disappointed Maren Mjelde.  She is clear about Arna-Bjørnar's problem.  "Now we have lost to the four teams above us.  We must start to win against the good teams", she said.

ARNA-BJØRNAR – KOLBOTN 1–2 (0-0)
Arna stadium
Goals: 0-1 Rebecca Angus (59), 1-1 Maren Mjelde (66), 1-2 Angus (84).
Referee: Vibeke Larsen, Tromsø
Yellow card: Astrid Ree Grøttå, Arna-Bjørnar.
Spectators: 91

ARNA-BJØRNAR 4-3-3:
Erika Skarbø  (Reidun Seth 73) –
Maren Knudsen, Caroline Walde, Veronica Aasgård, Astrid Ree Grøttå –
Maren Mjelde, Madeleine Giske, Kristine Hegland –
Ingrid Ryland, Isabelle Gjerde (Åsne Takle Eide 56), Tina Algrøy.

http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2010, 07:41:22 PM »

It was not a good day for Arna-Bjørnar at Arna Stadium when they met Kolbotn in combat in brilliant summer weather and fine conditions.  The first half was relatively even but the most dangerous chances went to Arna-Bjørnar who among other things placed the ball over the crossbar from 4 metres.  Arna-Bjørnar produced several chances but there was no score at half time.

If the first half belonged to Arna-Bjørnar, the second belonged to Kolbotn: the visitors let the ball do the work while Arna-Bjørnar's players ran and ran and tired themselves towards the end.  The result was that the ball was lost and there were many free chances to Kolbotn.

In the 59th minute Rebecca Angus scored with a loose ball that Erika got a hand to, but it cannoned off the post and in.  In the 66th minute we had the day's best performance when Veronika Aasgård played a 60-metre pass to Maren Mjelde, who was among three Kolbotn players but half-volleyed the ball into goal. 

After that Arna-Bjørnar pressed up for a while but were without luck.  Erika went in the air for high ball coming into goal but landed on her hand when she fell.  A possible wrist break, according to the medical team, and Erika was sent to the doctor's for X-rays.

Reidun Seth came in as the reserve.  In the 85th minute she did not collect a high cross and a Kolbotn player headed the ball in to give the visitors a 2-1 win.

It was not undeserved that Kolbotn won the match.  Each team had its own half and the match could have gone either way, but it's a pity that with a little more luck and skill the goals against us could have been avoided.  But the worst of all was that Erika after her long injury break should once again be on the sidelines with an injury that will keep her out for a good while.

Madeleine Giske was the best player.  Kolbotn was the best team to visit Arna stadium in the present season.

Yellow card: Astrid Grøttå Ree
Goals: 0-1 Rebecca Angus 59, 1-1 Maren Mjelde 66, 1-2 Angus 85.

http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/ingen-god-dag-pa-arna-stadion/

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2010, 11:03:50 PM »

A veteran with an impressive CV replaced the injured Erika Skarbø in Arna-Bjørnar's goal on Sunday.  Reidun Seth is Norway's oldest footballer at the top level.

Reidun Seth is both a European and a World champion, and also has an Olympic medal in her collection.  Now the keeper-trainer has to put the gloves on again and mind the goal after Skarbø broke a wrist in the weekend's match against Kolbotn.  Seth came in with 20 minutes to go in the match, which Arna-Bjørnar lost 2-1.

On Saturday she will stand in goal against Fløya at Arna Stadium and the indications are that she will be there when the club plays its first match of the autumn season against Amazon Grimstad.    

"Poor Reidun, she never gets a chance to retire", said Erika Skarbø sympathetically.  "It's going all right.  A crisis is a crisis.  I am OK for a few matches but I am not a long term solution.  We are working on bringing a keeper in for the autumn season", said Reidun Seth.  

"With Reidun we know what we have.  She knows the players and the game and is good at keeping cool and maintaining communications with the back four.  But she is not a top-trained keeper with a future in front of her, so it's important that the rest of the team know her well", said trainer Morten Kalvenes.

44-year-old Reidun Seth began her career with Løv-Ham and Nymark before going to Sweden in 1985.  There she played for Trollhättan, GAIS and Öxabeck among others, before returning to Bergen to play for Sandviken (1998) and Arna-Bjørnar (1999-2001).  Seth was also the regular keeper on the national team for many years before Bente Nordby took over, and has winners medals from the World Cup in 1995 and the European Cup in 1993, as well as silver from the 1991 World Cup and bronze from the 1996 Olympics.  "The only thing I want is a medal from the Norwegian league.  It would be fantastic to earn one this year at the age of 44", said the keeper.

After Sunday's match Arna-Bjørnar lies in 5th place in the Toppserien, but is in contact with the top clubs.  Many have tipped the club for a medal finish this season.  

National team trainer Eli Landsem played in front of Reidun Seth in her time in the national team.  She is impressed to see the 44-year-old putting on the gloves once again.  "It is not a happy situation for Arna-Bjørnar but it's phenomenal that Reidun is well enough trained to step in.  It is really sporting of her", said Landsem to NRK.

Reidun Seth will now set a new record in every match she plays, as she is by a good margin the oldest player ever at top level in Norway - man or woman.   "A 44-year-old in the top division is really special.  The closest I can remember is Claus Reitmaier at Lillestrøm, who was 41", said NRK's football guru Arne Scheie.  The other expert, Olav Traaen can't remember anyone older either.  "Reidun is one of the best Norwegian keepers ever, and has had a memorable and long career, which compels respect", said Traaen.

Seth herself is not too pleased to be setting a record every time she takes the field in the Arna-Bjørnar shirt.  "I'm not sure it's a record that's that cool to set.  We have a very young team, I raise the average age quite a lot", she smiled.  The youngest player in the club's Toppserien squad, Åsne Takle Eide, is 28 years younger.  

"How is your form before the Fløya match?" - "Hopefully all right.  For someone of my age I'm in good form.  But everyone on the team is clear that it isn't Erika between the posts.  I have continued but things are not as good as in my younger days.  There has been a fantastic improvement in women's football since my time".

Arna-Bjørnar has brought in former Sandviken keeper Anita Berg as a reserve for Seth in the coming matches, and they also have Rebecca Hjellegjerde up their sleeve.  But Seth is clear that the club must find a new keeper for the autumn season while Erika Skarbø is injured.  "We are taking soundings both in Norway and in foreign parts to find a keeper for the autumn.  With luck there will only be two matches for me to play", said Seth, who played five matches last year when both Skarbø and replacement keeper Precious Dede were injured.  According to Morten Kalvenes it is not likely they will bring Precious Dede back to the club, and he is not ruling out a few matches for Seth.  "A replacement for Erika is priority number one in the summer", said Kalvenes.    

Roy Hilmar Svendsen http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/sport_nrk_hordaland/1.7193622

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:37:23 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »

Arna-Bjørnar go into the summber break in third place in the Toppserien after a solid win over Fløya.  The northerners were sent home with a 4-0 scoreline.

Maren Knudsen started the scoring after five minutes.  Isabelle Gjerde finished a beautiful attack 15 minutes later.  Tina Algrøy scored her tenth goal of the season when she snapped up a back-pass just before half-time, before Ingrid Ryland applied the finishing touch in stoppage time.

"We talked about lifting ourselves after the first half, but we succeeded in staying out of holiday mode even though it starts now", said trainer Morten Kalvenes to bt.no.

With Saturday's three points the team is in fourth place, three points behind Kolbotn.  "We have an average of two points per match.  If we want a medal we will have to keep that going or perhaps do a little better", said the trainer.

Arna-Bjørnar-Fløya 4-0 (3-0), Toppserien, Arna stadium, July 3 2010
Spectators: 89
Referee: Ann Wenche Kleven, Ellingsrud.
Yellow card: Helle Feldt Kræmer, Fløya.
Goals: 1-0 Maren Knudsen (5), 2-0 Isabelle Gjerde (19), 3-0 Tina Algrøy (45), 4-0 Ingrid Ryland (90).

Arna-Bjørnar (4-3-3):
Reidun Seth –
Maren Knudsen (Mia Nygaard 77), Caroline Walde, Veronica Aasgård, Astrid Ree Grøtta –
Maren Mjelde, Madeleine Giske, Kristine Hegland –
Ingrid Ryland, Tina Algrøy (Trine Lund 88), Isabelle Gjerde (Lisa Halvorsen 61).  

Christer Sævig http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article173421.ece

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:35:08 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2010, 01:55:27 PM »

Arna-Bjørnar take a well deserved summer break now after the 4-0 win over Fløya on Saturday.  The win was never threatened after the home team took an early lead.  The bottom club from the North was no trouble and the Bears created many chances.

Fløya started the season with a 4-2 win over Trondheims-Ørn but since then they had taken one point from a possible 30.  And when Maren Knudsen put Arna-Bjørnar into the lead after only five minutes the visitors' self-confidence took a dive.

The first half was even but Arna-Bjørnar were the most dangerous with their chaces.  Isabelle Gjerde increased the lead to 2-0 before it was halfway through, while Tina Algrøy ran past all and rolled the ball into the net for 3-0 in stoppage time.

After a while it seemed that there would be more goals.  The home team pressed high and produced a steady trickle of chances against an insecure away defence.  4-0 arrived in stoppage time at the end when Ingrid Ryland lobbed the ball in from long range.

With LSK's loss to Donn Arna-Bjørnar are up a place in the table and are now in 4th before the holiday.

www.arna-bjornar.no

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2010, 02:38:02 PM »

In the article the Fløya - Ørn score is never mentioned, which either meant that they removed it or that Alan added it. In either case, Fløya won 2-1, not 4-2. They did lose 2-4 against Amazon the next match, though.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2010, 09:54:47 AM »

If Madeleine Giske plays again with the flag on her shirt, it will be with the A-team.

Five Arna-Bjørnar players rounded off the Under-23 gathering in England yesterday by beating England 3-1.  Caroline Walde, Madeleine Giske, Ingrid Ryland, Tina Algrøy and Kristine Hegland have been there and they all started in the opening match against Sweden, a record for the club.  The match ended with a disappointing 1-0 loss to Sweden, before the girls beat USA 2-1.

"It has been great.  These are good results and it has gone well from my point of view", said Giske to Bergens Avisa.  The Norwegians finished in second place, only beaten on goal difference.  USA, Norway and Sweden had two wins and one loss.  The Americans had a 5-2 goal difference while the Norwegians had 5-3.  "Irritating because we let in silly goals against USA and Sweden".

This Under-23 meeting has been the last for players born in 1987, so it means that Giske and Erika Skarbø, who had been selected but suffered a broken wrist in a league match, will not qualify again.  Caroline Walde is relaxed about it.  "There are some Under-19 players coming up, and we have many good players, so it is not a big problem", said Walde, who hopes Giske will get her chance with the A-team.  

Madeleine Giske for her part thinks that the rest of the Arna-Bjørnar players will follow along behind her on the way to the A-team.  She thought that she would play as a back in this tournament, which is where she has the biggest chance of a place in Eli Landsem's A-team.  

"I though I would play back, but played mostly in the midfield.  I hope the national team trainer will select me even though I play as a midfielder at Arna-Bjørnar", she said.

Now a holiday awaits the Arna-Bjørnar players.  "It has been training, league matches and studying up to now.  Now I will be going with my family to our holiday home in Sandefjord for ten days.  It will be good to wind down", said Giske.

When she and the others arrive back at Arna-Bjørnar there will be a brand-new stadium waiting for them.  The first match will be away to Amazon Grimstad, then for the next match they will run out on to the grass at Seimsmyrane for the first time, against Trondheims-Ørn.  "Everyone is really looking forward to it.  The field has a bigger potential than our present one, and we hope that it can contribute to increasing the numbers of spectators", said Madeleine Giske.        

Kristoffer Antonio Skinlo http://www.ba.no/sport/fotball/article5190855.ece

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:51:19 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »

Before the summer transfer window closes on August 31 we expect some changes in the squad for the autumn season!  

Karoline Bakke has returned from China and has had her first training session this week.  We welcome her back.

Lene Sperre from Fortuna Ålesund has moved to Bergen for further studies.  She is in discussions over a contract, and we reckon that the transfer will go smoothly.

Trine Lund had little playing time in the spring, and has agreed with the club that we can come to an arrangement with Sandviken which will give her some necessary match time.  Discussions with Sandviken are under way.

Trude Johannessen has sent word that her injury problems continue to be so bad that she has decided to retire from football.  We thank Trude for her great contribution to Arna-Bjørnar and wish her good luck for the future.

We are working on several alternatives for a replacement for Erika in the autumn season, and have a few exciting alternatives.  Until the keeper solution drops out we are continuing discussions with all candidates.

http://www.arna-bjornar.no/adm/nyheter/endringer-i-spillerstallen-pa-toppserielaget-for-hostsesongen/

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 10:42:50 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »

Trude Johannessen, who is retiring because of injury, is 23 years old and joined Arna-Bjørnar from Bergen's other club, Sandviken.
She is a trainee teacher and played 61 matches as a defender for Arna-Bjørnar, scoring two goals.  She played internationally for Norway's Under-17s four times.

Alltid. Uansett.
law10

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2010, 10:05:53 PM »

Glad to hear about Karoline Bakke, I had been wondering how she was making out.  The only time I saw her play was last year as a a replacement player but she had a fiery disposition on the field and left a strong impression.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2010, 11:23:29 AM »

Karoline played as a starter in the AB-Stabæk match on May 25 last year, which I have a recording of, so I will try and watch it.

Alltid. Uansett.
Andreas Kolle

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2010, 11:42:14 AM »

Sad to see Trude quit. Unless I'm wrong. she joined with Madeleine Giske, Elise Thorsnes and Erika Skarbø in 2006.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2010, 11:41:44 AM »

Karoline Bakke (19) is back, and Lene Sperre (24) has signed for Arna-Bjørnar, but trainer Morten Kalvenes still needs a keeper before he will be happy.

"We have brought in Lene Sperre from Fortuna Ålesund.  She is an attacker who played for Trondheims-Ørn.  Also Karoline Bakke is home after ten months in China", said Kalvenes.  

He really would like to have a keeper standing by when the transfer window opens on August 1.  Erika Skarbø broke a wrist in the match against Kolbotn on June 27, and a replacement is not yet in place.  44-year-old Reidun Seth must stand in goal for the red-shirts, but an American could be on the way.

"We hope to have a visit from Jamie Souza at training next week.  We were in contact with her last year when Erika was injured, but we signed Precious Dede", said Kalvenes.  If the trial goes well, the quality and also the cost will be decisive in Arna-Bjørnar's decision about a contract.

Erika Skarbø herself says she hopes to be ready to play in August.  "I am having a check-up on Monday and will know more after that.  Perhaps if I can get rid of the plaster on Monday I will have a hope of being back by the end of August", said the keeper who played for Norway at the Beijing Olympics.

In the first match after the break, away against Amazon Grimstad on July 13, Reidun Seth will be standing.  "I am happy for Reidun to play that game, but have my fingers crossed that we will have an alternative in place after that", said Kalvenes.

Kalvenes is looking forward to an autumn season in which Arna-Bjørnar will show itself as a club to be reckoned with all the way to November.  Arna-Bjørnar is in 4th place in the Toppserien table, only four points behind the second team, Røa.  "We are in good contact with second and third places, and will play in the quarter finals of the Cup at home against Stabæk.  Motivation in the group is high", he said.

Through the spring Arna-Bjørnar were very consistent compared to the weaker clubs, but all four matches against other top-five teams ended in defeat.  "We can come a long way by beating all the other teams under us twice, but for a medal we must also take points against the best", said the trainer.

He has good reason to believe that they can do just that.  "In the first place three of the four matches we lost were away.  Secondly we lost three of the matches by only one goal.  Also we are having three top matches at home against teams we are evenly matched with".

The plan is to use their new stadium at Arna Sports Park for the first home match, against Trondheims-Ørn on August 7.  "There's no doubt it will give a lift to the club.  The environment will be quite different to Arna Stadium", said Morten Kalvenes.

Kim Bøyum http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article175106.ece
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:56:09 AM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2010, 12:33:36 AM »

Karoline played as a starter in the AB-Stabæk match on May 25 last year, which I have a recording of, so I will try and watch it.
Watched last year's match which was a reminder of what a good match it was, with AB leading 1-0 for most of the match after a great goal by Maren Mjelde, until right at the end when Lise Klaveness came up with an outrageous piece of juggling skill that led to an equaliser by Melissa Wiik.  Everyone was on top form including Precious Dede with a 'scary' hair-style, who made some great saves.  AB actually had a second goal by Tina Algrøy disallowed for off-side, which looked dubious but the camera was not quite at the right angle to judge properly.

AB definitely looked as if they would win, and expected to win, and afterwards they were stunned, as after a 9-0 defeat and not a draw against one of the top teams . . Trude Johannesen and Karoline Bakke were the left side of the back four, with Caroline Walde and Ingrid Ryland on the right.  Ryland with her speed and Tina Algrøy gave the Stabæk defence plenty of difficult moments.  On the left the defence had Kristy Moore to deal with, they did quite well and Kristy looked fed up after the match.

The highlights video is still there:
http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/mini/main.do?ref=stb&treeId=2101&progId=314501
. . watch that video and answer this question: is Maren Mjelde (red shirt no. 5) best used as a central defender?  . . Smiley
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:15:25 PM by Alan » Logged

Alltid. Uansett.
law10

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2010, 06:50:39 PM »

I can't get the player to run for some odd reason but I remember both Mjelde's goal on the angled shot off the run into the right side of the box and Klaveness schooling her defender overhead on the other side.  I also remember Algrøy had a very good game and afterwards thought we would hear much more from her than we have this year.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: